ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Car-nal Desires Tournament - Nominations Thread
Rain Man 02:21 AM 01-14-2022
New tournament time. We're going to pick the collective vehicle of our dreams.

In this thread, I'll ask people to nominate vehicles, using the following rules.

1. This vehicle will be yours at no purchase cost.
2. You will keep your current vehicles, so no need to worry about fitting a baby seat in it or being able to haul mulch.
3. You're responsible for parking it.
4. You pay for gas or electricity.
5. Insurance and maintenance is free to you.
6. The vehicle must be street-legal.
7. The vehicle must actually exist. It cannot be a cartoon or concept drawing. However, it can be a production vehicle, a concept vehicle, a custom vehicle, or anything else that is real.
8. The vehicle being nominated is the exact vehicle shown. You cannot change the color, the interior, the engine size, etc.
9. You cannot use the vehicle to make money. It's only for your personal use.
10. You cannot sell the vehicle.
11. Any type of street-legal vehicle is allowed. You can nominate a car, a truck, a minivan, an RV, a semi-truck, a motorcyle, a classic car, a school bus, whatever. As long as it meets the rules above, it's eligible.

The rules for nominating are below, and are VERY IMPORTANT:

You may nominate only one vehicle within a post. The reason is that I'm not going to keep pasting pictures and descriptions during the tournament. During the tournament I will provide a link to your post ONLY. So it's very important that only one vehicle be described in the post. If you nominate two or more vehicles in one post, your entries will be disqualified.

In your nomination post, you will begin by stating the name of the vehicle: Year, make, and model.

You may include up to five photos of the vehicle. While I would encourage having some interior and exterior shots, it's up to you to decide the best way to present your nominee. All photos MUST be of the same vehicle to avoid confusion about things like color, stereo type, and interior trim. Where possible, upload the photos as images instead of linking unless you're sure that the link will remain active throughout the tournament.

If you would like to include any specs or any argument for why your nominee is the Chiefsplanet dream car (e.g., zero to 60 time, corinthian leather seats, gas milage, bitchin' Crager S/S wheels), feel free to do so.

You are allowed to make more than one nomination. However, each nomination must be made in a single post. There will be no limit on how many vehicles you can nominate, though at some point I'll cut off entries. We'll see how many get nominated before I decide when I'll stop the nomination process.

I'm hoping we don't get 25 variations on the same vehicle, but whatever. If you want to post a 1910 Hupmobile because you think it's notably different than the 1911 Hupmobile that was already nominated, then go for it.

See Post 2 below for the format for nomination. (It may take me a minute to post it.)
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:12 PM 01-14-2022
We haven't even had any Mopar muscle cars nominated yet.
[Reply]
TLO 12:16 PM 01-14-2022
Bugeaters 96 V6 Camaro with 58,000 original miles

[Reply]
Rain Man 12:30 PM 01-14-2022
I will nominate the Thor Venetian F42.

Look at that dining room. It's like being in a nice restaurant. We have a full-sized refrigerator, a king-size bed, and a full-sized bathroom along with a guest bath. A 55" TV rises from one wall in case I want to watch the game. What's not to like?

https://kuula.co/share/7rbMc/collect...1&logosize=200

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/venet...oor-plans/f42/
Attached: 2022-venetian-paint-brookside.jpg (41.9 KB) 2022-venetian-f42-floor-plan.jpg (26.1 KB) Thor Venetian 02.jpg (76.0 KB) Thor Venetian 03.jpg (72.6 KB) Thor Venetian 04.jpg (71.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Frazod 12:30 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Right car, but you're off by a year. Has to be a '70.

[Reply]
Rain Man 12:34 PM 01-14-2022
I'm re-thinking the maintenance a little. What do people think - should maintenance and insurance be covered, or should we have a $1,000 per month allowance for those things? That would put a little bit of a balance against just voting for the most expensive vehicles.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:41 PM 01-14-2022
2021 GT40 MKI 50TH Anniversary edition.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:43 PM 01-14-2022
The 1 of 1 1966 CSX3015 Shelby Super Snake Cobra:

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:44 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The 1 of 1 1966 CSX3015 Shelby Super Snake Cobra:

Oh you wanna die? Gotcha.
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:44 PM 01-14-2022

Is that thing street legal?
[Reply]
scho63 12:47 PM 01-14-2022

Someone in Scottsdale has one. They bought it to a car show a few years back. Took photos. Pretty awesome looking
It's a Ford right?
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:48 PM 01-14-2022

I have a buddy who collects GT40's/Ford GT's.

When they reintroduced the GT like a decade+ ago he drove up to Canada to buy one off a guy who bought one, owned it for two months, and then decided to sell it because it scared the shit out of him to drive it. No joke, lol.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:57 PM 01-14-2022
For funsies: The 2021 Paramount Group Mbombe 6 w/ Anti-Armor support system:

I question whether or not this is street legal due to the width but my general rule is that if it has regular old headlights on it, it's probably street legal (because why else would you put 'em on there?).

I'll accept any ruling on this one but replace it with the Marauder which Top Gear did confirm WAS street legal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:00 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I have a buddy who collects GT40's/Ford GT's.

When they reintroduced the GT like a decade+ ago he drove up to Canada to buy one off a guy who bought one, owned it for two months, and then decided to sell it because it scared the shit out of him to drive it. No joke, lol.
Yeah the reintroduced 'new' version isn't as cool. I'd rather have a reproduction of the original than one of the new ones.

This 50th Anniversary is a bolt for bolt reproduction of the original (or so they claim). And I'll take the new (old) one over an original as it's just gonna be made a little better.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:13 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
1989 Lamborghini Countach Anniversary Edition
White with tan interior
This is correct. End of thread.

Impressive that it was post #1.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:19 PM 01-14-2022
1913 Model T
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11