ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 121
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Odell Beckham Jr. [to the Rams]
arrowheadnation 09:44 AM 11-03-2021

I'm told #Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr. has been told he's excused from practice today, per league source. Additionally, it is my understanding that OBJ was ready to attend practice per usual.

— IG: JosinaAnderson (@JosinaAnderson) November 3, 2021

Bring him in for a look? (if he's cut of course)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:55 AM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We don't know what he did in that locker room and what he's been saying to coaches.

As far as out in the open to the public, yes, i'd say the distraction stuff is overblown.

But it's about what we DON'T know.
Didn't he bail on practice to go party on a boat in NY?

Bottom line is Giants couldn't wait to get rid of him and the Browns it sounds like are just going to cut him.

He hasn't been productive in a long time, he probably still has the capacity to be productive, but who knows if he has it in his head to be productive.

Fact is there is a lot of risk.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:56 AM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Bottom line is Giants couldn't wait to get rid of him and the Browns it sounds like are just going to cut him.

He hasn't been productive in a long time, he probably still has the capacity to be productive, but who knows if he has it in his head to be productive.

this
[Reply]
HayWire 11:59 AM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Also, if we got OBJ, we get more of his girlfriend. Everyone stop what you're doing and go google Lauren Wood.

Wood?
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:03 PM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Well that's kinda the issue. I think he won't clear waivers if we pass. Some other team will say "fuck it. A healthy OBJ is a true difference maker, I'm taking a swing and picking up the rest of his contract"

Question is, should Veach be the one that says that.
Im not so sure. Thats a LOT of money for a guy that is risky. There are only a few teams with that much cap room and most of them suck. They know OBJ isnt going to want to go to a team that sucks. Why would you tie up all that cap room for a guy you know wont be happy about it and may start that shit on you?

I can see him clearing waivers and then choosing his next team. At that point he doesnt have anything to be unhappy about.

After watching that video, he IS OPEN all the time.

Think back to the Video Veach put together on Sammy Watkins. It showed he was open all the time but wasnt getting the ball. Thats what sold Veach on Watkins.

Its almost like Veach helped OB senior put that video together?LOL
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:07 PM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
CP and their love for washed up players. Name a better combo
Sorenson and Neimann?
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:08 PM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

All true but he was a kid back then. Im sure he has learned much since then. I think he wants to be great and play for a team that wants that from him.
NOT a run first team with a QB that cant or wont throw to him when he is WIDE open.
If he clears waivers and plays out the year for a reasonable salary, there isnt much risk at all. Well worth the minimal risk we would be taking.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:11 PM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
All true but he was a kid back then. Im sure he has learned much since then. I think he wants to be great and play for a team that wants that from him.
NOT a run first team with a QB that cant or wont throw to him when he is WIDE open.
If he clears waivers and plays out the year for a reasonable salary, there isnt much risk at all. Well worth the minimal risk we would be taking.
No doubt he will help us on the field.

But if we continue to struggle as a team, then what?

Will he freak? How long before he freaks?

At this point, i don't imagine we have any choice but to take the chance because we failed to address the position before now.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:13 PM 11-03-2021
Looks like they're going to just keep him and pay his salary unless he's willing to settle for a lower amount to get out.
[Reply]
-King- 12:16 PM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
No doubt he will help us on the field.

But if we continue to struggle as a team, then what?

Will he freak? How long before he freaks?

At this point, i don't imagine we have any choice but to take the chance because we failed to address the position before now.
When has he freaked the whole time he was in Cleveland? I don't care if we sign him not or but he can't be any worse than our WRs other than Hill and his diva reputation is pretty overstated. People have to go to his Giants days to find pretty minor shit to talk about him.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:17 PM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Im not so sure. Thats a LOT of money for a guy that is risky. There are only a few teams with that much cap room and most of them suck. They know OBJ isnt going to want to go to a team that sucks. Why would you tie up all that cap room for a guy you know wont be happy about it and may start that shit on you?

I can see him clearing waivers and then choosing his next team. At that point he doesnt have anything to be unhappy about.

After watching that video, he IS OPEN all the time.

Think back to the Video Veach put together on Sammy Watkins. It showed he was open all the time but wasnt getting the ball. Thats what sold Veach on Watkins.

Its almost like Veach helped OB senior put that video together?LOL
I wish that last part was true. Odell gets cut due to him and Veach collaborating and then he maneuvers his way here.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:18 PM 11-03-2021
That's exactly what the Chiefs' locker room needs: A guy like OBJ coming in with the attitude that he's the man who's going to turn this thing around.

What could possibly go wrong?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:21 PM 11-03-2021
Lets be real here..Odell has had to endure an over the hill Eli and a clueless Baker who runs a run first offense. How many superstar wideouts would excell under those circumstances?

The 6-1 Rams just gave away picks to get Miller..why the hell wouldn't we claim a guy FOR FREE who could possibly transform our whole season? I understand the cap would need to work..but that is why Hunt pays Veech..to make situations like this work.

Mahomes, Hill, Kelce and OBJ would be insane..utterly insane.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:27 PM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Lets be real here..Odell has had to endure an over the hill Eli and a clueless Baker who runs a run first offense. How many superstar wideouts would excell under those circumstances?

The 6-1 Rams just gave away picks to get Miller..why the hell wouldn't we claim a guy FOR FREE who could possibly transform our whole season? I understand the cap would need to work..but that is why Hunt pays Veech..to make situations like this work.

Mahomes, Hill, Kelce and OBJ would be insane..utterly insane.
I would agree but here’s the thing. What happens when Hill is getting 10+ targets a game along with Kelce and OBJ isn’t getting the looks he thinks he should?
[Reply]
-King- 12:33 PM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I would agree but here’s the thing. What happens when Hill is getting 10+ targets a game along with Kelce and OBJ isn’t getting the looks he thinks he should?
We somehow find looks for Robinson and Pringle every game. If OBJ is good, he won't have to worry about him getting targets.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:33 PM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
If I own the Browns I say fuck him. I make him stay since you have to pay him 15 mil. Why should they let him be happy.
If you have an unhappy -high profile player- in your locker room, the best course of action is often to let them go snd cut your losses. They showed last year that they can be effective without Odell, so it may be addition by subtraction to cut him loose rather than be a distraction. Let others step up and fill the position.

That said, I’d love to see him released and for him to replace one of these worthless receivers…but how many reclamation projects should KC bring on before it hits a tipping point? Do we have enough leaders in the locker room to keep an OBJ focused on his role?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 121
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up