ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Wtf no Squid Game thread?
dlphg9 11:55 PM 10-18-2021
So started watching this dubbed in English and made it 1.5 episodes. The voice overs are atrocious and the way that it was translated just makes it sound even worse. I legit thought that people had just gone completely nuts for liking this shit show.

Then I changed it to Korean with English subs. Soooo much better. The voice acting by the English was just completely over the top and none of the voices matched the characters. Will be finishing this tomorrow I'd say.

I just can't believe we don't have a thread for this. It's probably going to Netflixs biggest show/movie ever.
[Reply]
srvy 09:10 PM 10-21-2021
I tried to watch it weds night but after 20 minutes of reading, I got bored and started Mare of Eastwick or whatever it was. It started slow but finished ep 5 it's picked up.
[Reply]
Graystoke 11:15 AM 10-22-2021
Slow as F. Asian overacting, felt like I was watching a Godzilla film
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:59 PM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Guess Im late to the party.

I have no idea what this is.
I only watched it because Netflix put out there it might be the most popular series ever on their platform.
[Reply]
Fish 02:00 PM 10-22-2021
LOL

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:55 PM 10-22-2021
I found it entertaining. The only thing that was actually bad was the VIPs acting. Those guys were terrible. There are definitely a lot of things the can do with this but if they make the main character suddenly capable of infiltrating or outsmarting the organization to get answers that will be a disappointment.
[Reply]
Fish 04:19 PM 10-22-2021
One thing I laughed at...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:56 PM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
One thing I laughed at...

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
HemiEd 06:25 PM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Slow as F. Asian overacting, felt like I was watching a Godzilla film
This is like a grade f show, holy shit it is bad. Only started it as it is rated so high on Netflix.

So this is where we are headed?
[Reply]
wazu 10:00 AM 10-25-2021
My son got me to watch, and I actually thought the series was pretty good. Pretty brutal and stressful at times. Didn't love the ending. Are we free to discuss spoilers here? I see people using tags but that's kind of cumbersome. I typically avoid threads about shows I'm not caught up on but not sure if others do as well.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:57 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
My son got me to watch, and I actually thought the series was pretty good. Pretty brutal and stressful at times. Didn't love the ending. Are we free to discuss spoilers here? I see people using tags but that's kind of cumbersome. I typically avoid threads about shows I'm not caught up on but not sure if others do as well.
I'd think so at this point. Show has been out a couple of months. Glad you enjoyed it. For those wondering about the dubs vs. Subs, it seems those who watched it in dubs didn't seen to like it as much. As someone who watched the first 1.5 episodes with dubs on, it's understandable. The crappy dub voice actors add this weird "comedic" vibe to their voice acting, and it really makes this show seem goofy and campy. I don't get that vibe from the actors and tone with the subs on. I believe this show is intentional in the campy moments, and that is mostly reserved for scenes with the VIPs. I can't imagine watching episode 6 of this series, listening to the awful VA of the dubbed version of the old man.
[Reply]
wazu 11:06 AM 10-25-2021
Yeah my son insisted I watch it with subtitles. Took a few minutes to get used to it but I was fine with it. What's funny is I didn't notice at first that one of the characters was speaking english.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:40 PM 10-25-2021
Subtitles? Yeah, never.
[Reply]
bigjosh 04:12 PM 10-25-2021
The only thing I disliked about the show was the ending.

Other than that I thought it was really good.

The english dub is way better than I thought it would be.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 03:44 PM 10-31-2021
Brilliant piece of work.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:08 PM 01-05-2022
Just finished this. It was pretty good.

So with that ending is it safe to assume they are planning another season?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up