« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>MCU: Eternals (2021)
Tribal Warfare 07:12 AM 05-24-2021

[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:22 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Apparently it was
Spoiler!
Yeah Chloe Zhao confirmed it in an interview. Stoked for that one.
[Reply]
Fish 10:51 PM 01-12-2022
FYI, this is free on Disney+ now. I'm about half way through it right now, and it's complete garbage so far.
[Reply]
Fish 01:06 AM 01-13-2022
Finished. This movie was a complete turd. This bullshit had no reason to be 2.5hrs long. Meh.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:37 AM 01-13-2022
It was very slow, and got a bit boring in the middle, but overall I enjoyed the story. Bottom tier Marvel movie, could have been much better cutting at least half an hour. The sequel should have more action now that all the characters have been introduced. Looking forward to Oswalt's Pip.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:11 AM 01-13-2022
Watched it on Disney+ last night. More of slog to get through that I thought it would be. Wooden characters and less than garden variety origin story type of movie. Guess Marvel needed to into the Celestials somehow but did it really need to be a 2 1/2 hour movie? Couldn't this been condensed?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:44 AM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Finished. This movie was a complete turd. This bullshit had no reason to be 2.5hrs long. Meh.
Does it bring anything to the MCU that I need to know about?

I'm debating on skipping this one.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:07 AM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Just setting up the Celestials as potential new baddies of this phase. Also intro-ed three new characters in the mid and post credit scenes.

Other than that I would recommend finding a story synopsis online / on YouTube and save yourself 2.5 hours.
[Reply]
Fish 01:53 PM 01-13-2022

Not really, and what it does add is stupid. The monsters are dumb repetitive CGI. The Eternals themselves are just bleh. Even Salma Hayek big beautiful titties couldn't save this. The story is really slow. How they portrayed the Celestials was really strange to me too. In my opinion, you're not missing anything by skipping this turd. I'd have been actually mad if I had paid money for this.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 02:25 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Not really, and what it does add is stupid. The monsters are dumb repetitive CGI. The Eternals themselves are just bleh. Even Salma Hayek big beautiful titties couldn't save this. The story is really slow. How they portrayed the Celestials was really strange to me too. In my opinion, you're not missing anything by skipping this turd. I'd have been actually mad if I had paid money for this.
I was thinking the same thing to myself last night.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:10 PM 01-13-2022

Honestly, not really. It sets up the story of the Celestials which could lead to bigger and better things, but like Fish said the way the Celestials are portrayed is weird and doesn't work like it should. I'm a huge Cosmic Marvel fan, and I was quite disappointed with it. Kick ass cast and they fumblefuck around with them, the story and their roles. Total waste.

Go to YouTube and cue up the mid and end credits scenes, they're the best part of the entire movie. I got more excited watching those than I did learning about the Eternals, or the Celestials reveal.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:13 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Just setting up the Celestials as potential new baddies of this phase. Also intro-ed three new characters in the mid and post credit scenes.

Other than that I would recommend finding a story synopsis online / on YouTube and save yourself 2.5 hours.
And they fucked that up, too. Arishem is not some entity that spans the breadth of the solar system. They're heavyweights on the cosmic side of things for sure, but they're not the end-all-be-all of entities as they were shown to be. It was just....disappointing.

And dammit, stop pissing about and bring in Galactus and the Surfer. Shit.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:21 PM 01-14-2022
I didn't hate it but it's certainly not a good movie.

I truly didn't give a shit about a single character in this whole film.

The accents were pissing me off too, especially the mind control Eternal. What kind of accent is that? Irish? Scottish? It was weird.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:49 AM 01-15-2022
My son and I have been trying to watch this thing. Man is it slow and uninteresting. I think we are about 2/3rds through. I wanted to quit, but my son wants to finish. Hopefully it finishes better than the teen level drama it seems to be so far. Honestly, seems like something I'd watch on the CW.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:04 AM 01-15-2022
I actually enjoyed it. It's different from the usual cookie cutter marvel movie formula.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:09 AM 01-15-2022
The writing needed to be tighter. There were some interesting ideas there that just didn't get expanded upon.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up