ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 183 of 192
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
RealSNR 03:46 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
He’s doing fine, and is only going to get better.

Lock him up.

That’s the thing. We locked up Fisher to an extension when he really only had about one total year of good play at LT. If you’re sure about a guy, get him locked in
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:10 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
That’s the thing. We locked up Fisher to an extension when he really only had about one total year of good play at LT. If you’re sure about a guy, get him locked in
You're not going to draft a better LT at #32 (or even #31.)

You can pay a FA, but he probably won't be 25, and if he's an upgrade, he won't be less expensive.

I think we've proven that we can win with Brown.

Let's just lock him in, spread the cap hit out, and go shopping at other positions this offseason.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:23 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You're not going to draft a better LT at #32 (or even #31.)

You can pay a FA, but he probably won't be 25, and if he's an upgrade, he won't be less expensive.

I think we've proven that we can win with Brown.

Let's just lock him in, spread the cap hit out, and go shopping at other positions this offseason.
Agree and that frees up the first round for a DE or even better a WR
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:24 PM 01-28-2022
He's played better lately as stated you're not going to get a better LT in the draft and certainly won't find a more affordable one in free agency that can play at his level. Pay up.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:13 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He's played better lately as stated you're not going to get a better LT in the draft and certainly won't find a more affordable one in free agency that can play at his level. Pay up.
Correct. Don’t fuck with a good enough player at an important position.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:19 PM 01-28-2022
Vooch traded picks for Brown for a reason and not for a one year deal. He will extend his stay hear and more priority than HB.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:55 PM 01-28-2022
The only question is if he or Matthieu gets franchised imo
[Reply]
BossChief 11:22 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Brown will clearly be priority one.

I’m not even sure Tyrann is priority 2…I can see Veach letting him hit FA with the thought they will have an opportunity to match an open market offer.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:24 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
HB won't get the tag. He should have taken whatever offer that was on the table before the season started. That number should be cut in half based on his production this year.

Brown and HB are trending in different directions.

A SB ring should go a long way in negotiations with Brown. He could have a HOF career with Mahomes as his QB- but we can't give him Trent William's money.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:31 PM 01-28-2022
I mean, the Chiefs are gonna franchise one of them though, won't they? Letting HB go seems financially pragmatic but to quote Soren if not him then who? They're not going to make the Eric Berry mistake but also he is crucial. I think he takes the tag and OBJr gets a deal.

Clark gets traded and that frees up a lot of space. I mean trade him for peanuts, it doesn't matter if I'm reading over the cap right. We save the most by trading him.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:35 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
HB won't get the tag. He should have taken whatever offer that was on the table before the season started. That number should be cut in half based on his production this year.

Brown and HB are trending in different directions.

A SB ring should go a long way in negotiations with Brown. He could have a HOF career with Mahomes as his QB- but we can't give him Trent William's money.
It’s all about the structure of the deal.

He will get Trent Williams money, but we will all love the deal once the structure is released.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:38 PM 01-28-2022
It sounds daunting but look at his age and the fact that he's improving. It will look like a steal in five years.

*hopefully
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:51 PM 01-28-2022
Man if Bort Vooch somehow gives Hill a new contract, signs Brown long term, and keeps at least one of Honey Badger and Ward - he's a golden god.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:53 PM 01-28-2022
I think I may be too invested in offseason moves and the draft. It's from years of pre-Mahomes nonsense.

That said I'd rather lose Ward than any of them. If there's one thing black n veach can do it's find quality DBs

The mock drafts with the Chiefs taking a DB in the first make me irrationally angry
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:54 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s all about the structure of the deal.

He will get Trent Williams money, but we will all love the deal once the structure is released.
Reek needs a new contract and we can't keep pushing Mahomes money back to another year.

Veech is a wizard, but I don't see how we keep HB and or pay Brown as the highest paid LT?

We need to win a SB this year and the rest will sort itself out. Crazy that we might have an even better team next year with a solid draft.
[Reply]
Page 183 of 192
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187 > Last »
Up