ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 22
« First < 91516171819 202122 >
Media Center>Netflix: Ozark
KChiefs1 09:53 PM 05-25-2017
Can't to watch a show set in my neck of the woods.

http://www.lakeexpo.com/news/lake_ne...39173aed7.html

Premieres July 21st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
eDave 03:18 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yup. The final episodes for the season are insane. Incredible lead in to the final run of the season. And Laura linney is a goddamn force.

So, where do we rank the big three in drug shows. Ozark, breaking bad, better call Saul. Easy to remember that breaking bad had quite a few filler episodes. I actually prefer ozark because it’s so tight. Every episode and scene is so damn meaningful. And better call Saul is setting up one hell of a payoff in the final season
I was thinking of this question as I was watching and tried to take the fact that I was currently watching Ozark out of the equation. And I came up the same as you. Also, Saul had a real slow start, IMO.

Ozark has a nicer overall color pallete. So there's that too.

BTW: When Batemen was trying to get the guy out of the funeral home, that was hysterical and acted like only he could do.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:38 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
I was thinking of this question as I was watching and tried to take the fact that I was currently watching Ozark out of the equation. And I came up the same as you. Also, Saul had a real slow start, IMO.

Ozark has a nicer overall color pallete. So there's that too.

BTW: When Batemen was trying to get the guy out of the funeral home, that was hysterical and acted like only he could do.
Pretty cool how Saul has evolved. When you really get to it, you get some of the best characters in breaking bad in Gus and Mike. I’d argue that Lalo has been the best villain of them all. And I sense ozark is going down a similar path.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 05:43 PM 01-29-2022
Spoiler!
Obviously, it was subtle. I missed it also, was nodding in and out.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:45 AM 02-03-2022
Powerful mid season ending. But of course we'll have to wait to finish the final season cause Netflix is run by greedy assholes. Oh well I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Ruth is my favorite character on Ozark and Julia Garner's acting has been incredible. She can be so tough nosed yet so vulnerable at the same time (all while making it so authentic ) such a talented young actress.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:41 AM 02-06-2022
I binged season four yesterday. I've watched the whole series since it started. A few thoughts without hopefully not being a spoiler:

You have to suspend a LOT of belief with shows like Ozark and Yellowstone. Not sure how many people have been killed in those shows, but per capita its higher than St. Louis! If all these people who had been killed in Camdenton really happened it would be national news. Same deal with Yellowstone. But without gun violence, neither show would be as interesting.

What did they do with the Sheriff's car?

Can't wait for the forensic digs by law enforcement on Darlene's north pasture!

Also, can poppies even be grown in Missouri? I don't think we have the climate? How does Darlene keep all the plant workers quiet in the processing plant? She's got about six or more guys working in there?

No KC Mob Boss would travel to see a psychopath -who shot his son's junk off- alone. He'd have some muscle and protection with him.

Finally, nobody, and I mean NOBODY on Ozark is likeable. Everybody is evil and corrupt. The entire Byrd family. Darlene's crew. Ruth's family. The Mob. The Cops. The Feds. The Cartel. Even the guy who runs the Lazy-O Motel is a degenerate gambler. The Chicago PI poking around is a coke head. The only person who seems normal is Wendy's dad, and he's an abusive father and pious hypocrite. So please, name one person, ONE PERSON on the show who isn't sleazy. Maybe the new sheriff.

And what was the deal with the auto accident at the beginning of the first episode? Foreshadowing the end???
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:20 AM 02-08-2022
I laughed my ever loving ass off. That was awesome.

Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I binged season four yesterday. I've watched the whole series since it started. A few thoughts without hopefully not being a spoiler:

You have to suspend a LOT of belief with shows like Ozark and Yellowstone. Not sure how many people have been killed in those shows, but per capita its higher than St. Louis! If all these people who had been killed in Camdenton really happened it would be national news. Same deal with Yellowstone. But without gun violence, neither show would be as interesting.

What did they do with the Sheriff's car?

Can't wait for the forensic digs by law enforcement on Darlene's north pasture!

Also, can poppies even be grown in Missouri? I don't think we have the climate? How does Darlene keep all the plant workers quiet in the processing plant? She's got about six or more guys working in there?

No KC Mob Boss would travel to see a psychopath -who shot his son's junk off- alone. He'd have some muscle and protection with him.

Finally, nobody, and I mean NOBODY on Ozark is likeable. Everybody is evil and corrupt. The entire Byrd family. Darlene's crew. Ruth's family. The Mob. The Cops. The Feds. The Cartel. Even the guy who runs the Lazy-O Motel is a degenerate gambler. The Chicago PI poking around is a coke head. The only person who seems normal is Wendy's dad, and he's an abusive father and pious hypocrite. So please, name one person, ONE PERSON on the show who isn't sleazy. Maybe the new sheriff.

And what was the deal with the auto accident at the beginning of the first episode? Foreshadowing the end???
Yeah, you have to suspend a ton of disbelief. But I totally forgot about the wreck.

The one that gets me is (DC in Spoiler)

Spoiler!

And that's coming from me not giving a SHIT about the old lady that regularly puts 00 in whoever is in her dining room and marries a teenager.

RE: Rooting interests. I think one can easily root for Marty. He's the only one actively trying to end the crime. But he's done a lot of bad shit, so whatever. But I think it's hard to root against Ruth. Yeah, she did some bad shit, but she was doing bad shit before. She at least does bad shit and cares about some semblance of life for her family.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:26 AM 02-08-2022
I'm actively rooting for Wendy to die a horrible death. What an evil cunt.
[Reply]
-King- 12:48 PM 02-09-2022
Finished part 1 the other day. It's still an decent show, but this season is a clusterfuck of a mess. Every character just does the stupidest thing possible except for Wendy. She does the most evil thing possible and somehow she can blackmail/make a connection with every single powerful person she meets. We're a few episodes from seeing her convince the president to get control of the Nukes for some reason.

This show got way too big and way too convoluted. The FBI/Cartel shit might be the stupidest most fake shit I've seen in a show that takes itself seriously.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:47 AM 02-11-2022
If you guys haven't seen the movie Bad Words, check it out. It stars Bateman being the biggest dick possible to a bunch of middle schoolers and their parents. I watched it again the other night and forgot how funny it was
[Reply]
BadRobot 09:49 AM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'm actively rooting for Wendy to die a horrible death. What an evil ****.
i found her voice really getting on my nerves and praying for someone to put a bullet in her head !
[Reply]
alicestevens 02-20-2022, 01:19 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat.
Buehler445 11:38 PM 02-20-2022
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
If you guys haven't seen the movie Bad Words, check it out. It stars Bateman being the biggest dick possible to a bunch of middle schoolers and their parents. I watched it again the other night and forgot how funny it was
:-)

Thanks for the rec. I hadn't heard of it.

Another one I hadn't heard of was This is Where I Leave You. It was really good. Not as funny but funny enough. I almost fell out of my chair with the line "Yep. And I've got her purse." :-)
[Reply]
alicestevens 03-13-2022, 02:21 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat.
Bowser 10:35 AM 05-02-2022
Anyone catching up on this? I'm three episodes in, and I feel like I have no idea who is trying to get over on who, but someone is DEFINTITELY going to end up getting over.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:41 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Anyone catching up on this? I'm three episodes in, and I feel like I have no idea who is trying to get over on who, but someone is DEFINTITELY going to end up getting over.
I like how Ruth can go from Osage Beach to Kansas City to Chicago in like 30 minutes driving lol.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:55 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I like how Ruth can go from Osage Beach to Kansas City to Chicago in like 30 minutes driving lol.
And then fly to Miami and back for a meeting with the Byrds, haha.

Can you imagine if Osage/Sunrise Beach had all this shit going on for real? Murders everyday, cartel thugs, mob, Ozark mafia.......hell, maybe it does?? Lol
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:46 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And then fly to Miami and back for a meeting with the Byrds, haha.

Can you imagine if Osage/Sunrise Beach had all this shit going on for real? Murders everyday, cartel thugs, mob, Ozark mafia.......hell, maybe it does?? Lol
I run the Ozark mafia down here. :-)
[Reply]
Page 19 of 22
« First < 91516171819 202122 >
Up