ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>Name Movies that Should Never Be Remade
RINGLEADER 01:26 AM 08-05-2013
Recently had an opportunity to acquire rights to a classic film that I hold in such high regard I wouldn't want to even think about, let alone actually do, a remake or sequel. What movies would you consider off-limits for a remake or sequel?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:07 PM 01-27-2022
I mean...just about any classic movie should be left alone.

Most sequels or reboots are crap and dont hold a candle to the orig, although there are a few exceptions like Godfather pt2 or Empire Strikes Back or Dark Knight.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:02 PM 01-27-2022
ET
[Reply]
Rausch 05:22 PM 01-28-2022
Natural Born Killers
Dazed and Confused
Princess Bride
Back to The Future
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:34 PM 01-28-2022
The Untouchables
Caddyshack
Roadhouse
Fletch
[Reply]
rocknrolla 05:43 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
American Psycho.

The second one is ridiculous. Doesn't even have the same tone as the first one. Totally different direction. It's like the writers of II didn't even get the first movie.
It was not supposed to be, until it was finished and it was so bad they slapped "American Psycho II" on it to fill seats.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:56 PM 01-28-2022
case in point and it will be a little fruity. Dirty Dancing.

It is by all accounts --a great movie. Swayze is awesome and it is very well written.
Of course, I loved Jerry Orbach. Miss him.

Then, Debra Messing thought it was a good idea to redo it. I sat and watched it with the wife and kids.

I WILL NEVER GET THAT TIME OF MY LIFE BACK. Total-fucking-abomination-of a movie. It did nothing but prove that remakes should not ever be attempted again.
Abigail Breslin is NO Jennifer Gray.

Overboard-first one--unrealistic....Second one with Anna Ferris---sucked.

Red Dawn-second one SUCKED.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:42 PM 02-03-2022
Might be more interesting to come up with movies that should be remade. Like Starship Troopers.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:48 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
American Psycho.

The second one is ridiculous. Doesn't even have the same tone as the first one. Totally different direction. It's like the writers of II didn't even get the first movie.
Agreed. American Psycho is a masterpiece and in my Top 10 all time favorite movies.
[Reply]
underEJ 05:37 PM 02-03-2022
The only movies that should never be remade are ones that were written directed by an individual from their own original idea. (unless they remake it themselves like Heat)

And then again, most remakes probably shouldn't have been remade but that is a judgement of each individual effort not the idea of retelling something. But stories are meant to be retold. It is what humans do, but please have a good reason and bring something new to it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:57 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Might be more interesting to come up with movies that should be remade. Like Starship Troopers.
Make a thread. I got some suggestions.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:19 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a film version that is faithful to the source material. Of course, despite it's many flaws and overall silliness, I love the '97 Starship Troopers. Luckily I read the book AFTER seeing the movie; otherwise, I'd likely hate it nearly as much as I do Lynch's Dune.

Verhoeven basically did the same thing that Ronald Moore did when he rebooted Battlestar Galactica - took a few of the characters' names and the overall premise, but then did whatever the hell he wanted with them.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:57 AM 02-04-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a film version that is faithful to the source material. Of course, despite it's many flaws and overall silliness, I love the '97 Starship Troopers. Luckily I read the book AFTER seeing the movie; otherwise, I'd likely hate it nearly as much as I do Lynch's Dune.

Verhoeven basically did the same thing that Ronald Moore did when he rebooted Battlestar Galactica - took a few of the characters' names and the overall premise, but then did whatever the hell he wanted with them.
It was a childhood favorite of mine and I hate the movie with a passion.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:19 AM 02-04-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Make a thread. I got some suggestions.
OK, sure.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:52 PM 02-07-2022
Smokey & The Bandit
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:55 PM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Smokey & The Bandit
I was about to say nut hooks for you, then realized which thread I was in.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up