ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Senior and East West Shrine Bowl Dates and Times
Wilson8 12:28 AM 01-28-2022
Thursday, Feb 3, 7:00 PM CST - 2022 East-West Shrine Bowl at Allegiant Stadium in Paradise, Nevada. On NFL Network.

Saturday, Feb 5, 1:30 PM CST - 2022 Senior Bowl at University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama. On NFL Network.

Some of the Senior Bowl practices also on NFL Network prior to the game.

These games sneak up on me, but Veach and the Chiefs scouts pay attention to both, so usually worth watching.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:26 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Coan is garbage.
I think the Chiefs could be in the market for a buy low QB that can be used as a practice squad player. I don't know that Jack Coan could be that kind of player for the KC, but he did have a good week of practice and game.

Ryan Roberts from SI wrote a pretty good story on the merits of Jack Coan.

https://www.si.com/college/notredame...n-qb-jack-coan

A few lines from it -

Originally Posted by :
While Coan’s arm might not be a standout in terms of pure velocity, he clearly understands pacing. The ability to change arms speeds - throwing with touch to multiple levels of the field is consistent.

Having that sort of touch is big time at the quarterback position. You’ll hear the term “layering the football” a ton in that regard. Being able to establish and attack leverage with proper pace allows for wide receivers to make plays on the football - making it incredibly difficult for defenders to disrupt the catch point.

From a physical perspective, Coan certainly looks the part of your traditional pocket passer. Measuring in at 6-3 and 217 pounds, with 9'1⁄2” hands, he boasts a quick and compact delivery. Whether working as a traditional drop back passer or off of run action, he is able to get the ball out quickly.

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:16 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Boye Mafe is looking like a nice round 2 option at EDGE along with guys like Sam Williams.

I don’t think we have to take one in round 1 if the board doesn’t fall our way.

Just finished studying Minnesota edge rusher Boye Mafe. The splash plays at the SR Bowl weren’t a fluke. This dude is explosive!! He’s a first round talent.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) February 6, 2022

[Reply]
kccrow 01:33 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I like Mafe as a developing player but 1st round talent is a bit premature IMO. I'd say maybe 2nd round. Mafe showed out against the turds on the schedule but got shut down against the better teams in the BIG. He did little against the likes of Wisconsin, Iowa, and Ohio State who actually have NFL-caliber linemen. He's getting better though and showed a massive improvement last season. One week doesn't make a guy, gotta consider the body of work.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:05 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I like Mafe as a developing player but 1st round talent is a bit premature IMO. I'd say maybe 2nd round. Mafe showed out against the turds on the schedule but got shut down against the better teams in the BIG. He did little against the likes of Wisconsin, Iowa, and Ohio State who actually have NFL-caliber linemen. He's getting better though and showed a massive improvement last season. One week doesn't make a guy, gotta consider the body of work.
And it's also... how many round 1 DEs can there be?

Thibodeaux and Hutchinson and Karlaftis and Ojabo seem to be locks. Johnson II, Arnold Ebitekie, Drake Jackson, Cam Thomas, and Travon Walker (who is a LE in a 43 and a 5-tech DE in a 34, IMO) all have fist-round buzz.

We're now 9 deep before we even get to Mafe, and I don't think there's a guy in that list that WOULDN'T get drafted before Mafe.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up