Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Nzoner's Game Room>Any news on the Honey Badger? [expected to play]
HonestChieffan 10:43 PM 01-23-2022
Not anything on the local coverage....
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:12 AM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
His tackling ability has been suspect most of this season. It's his coverage and leadership ability that we really need.
To understand his importance, just look at the scheme when he's out.

The disguising of pre-snap reads by showing one look and then shifting into another? None of that.

blown coverages all over.

He's the QB of the defense.

I'm okay with not re-signing him this offseason just because of his age, and that it's time for a re-shuffling of the deck defensively, but RIGHT NOW, there is no more important player in the back 7 than Mathieu.

I'd also be okay with re-signing him and just re-vamping the front four around Jones.

But make no mistake, Mathieu is crucial.
[Reply]
tmax63 09:49 AM 01-30-2022
I'm okay with not re-signing him this offseason just because of his age, and that it's time for a re-shuffling of the deck defensively, but RIGHT NOW, there is no more important player in the back 7 than Mathieu.

But make no mistake, Mathieu is crucial.[/QUOTE]

This right here. Rebuilding the D in the offseason doesn't scare me. Re-signing some, drafting heavy on D and a couple of free agents and you've gotten better. You don't have replace the ENTIRE OL like last year. It took this group the 1st half of the season to get their collective shit together and they still have the occasional fail. Some new blood would be good in my mind.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:56 AM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
To understand his importance, just look at the scheme when he's out.

The disguising of pre-snap reads by showing one look and then shifting into another? None of that.

blown coverages all over.

He's the QB of the defense.

I'd also be okay with re-signing him and just re-vamping the front four around Jones.

But make no mistake, Mathieu is crucial.
Matheiu out was especially bad against Buffalo because you want to make Josh Allen think and we did none of that.

Daboll was so terrified of Allen making a boneheaded mistake that he protected Allen early and instructed him to take the checkdown anytime he wasn't sure what he was seeing. Once Badger's absence indicated we couldn't disguise looks it became too easy.

Simple reads and guys not belonging on the field. We really need better safety depth next year. Watts, Sorenson are not coverage safeties. And Thornhill is playable but not very good.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:57 AM 01-31-2022

Will you always remember you & many more good people! Lot to be proud of over the past 3 years. I’m thankful and grateful. I leave with a grateful heart having got the chance to play for all you good people! Thanks ����

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) January 31, 2022

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:01 PM 01-31-2022
Brady's PR people calculating loss of audience
[Reply]
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Up