ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1144 of 4886
« First < 14464410441094113411401141114211431144 114511461147114811541194124416442144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:33 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I think Justin Simmons has hurt us. Most of the big plays we've given up can be blamed on him. But other than 1 or 2 plays a game, the pass defense is as good as it has ever been.
Buffalo used a lot of WR/RB screens and slants against Denver. They were able to move the ball efficiently. That's exactly what KC did the last time they played Denver.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:05 PM 09-26-2017
:-)

Denver is a team built to win in the playoffs. They're only going to get stronger as the weather gets worse.

Too bad they're not going to have any home games left to play by the time the weather gets worse.

And you better hope Buffalo doesn't make the playoffs if you guys actually get in.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:15 PM 09-26-2017
Not for the most part. They can still lock up anybody. Once they get the missed assignments ironed out they could be even better than they've been. Simmons can be a stud.
Since you ignored the rest of my statement, allow me to address it for you. Through 3 games last year's, the Donks yielded 2 TD's and 518 yards and boasted the top passing D in the league. So far through 3 games in 2017 the Donks D has given up 7 passing TD's and 643 yards. Oh, and they are no where near the number 1 pass defense in the league. That sure looks like regression to me. So there you have it KnowShit. Spin away.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:27 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Since you ignored the rest of my statement, allow me to address it for you. Through 3 games last year's, the Donks yielded 2 TD's and 518 yards and boasted the top passing D in the league. So far through 3 games in 2017 the Donks D has given up 7 passing TD's and 643 yards. Oh, and they are no where near the number 1 pass defense in the league. That sure looks like regression to me. So there you have it KnowShit. Spin away.
The passing yards given up are similar to last year (597 in 2016, 643 in 2017). The passing TD's given up can be attributed to the fluky "turnovers" on our side of the field.
[Reply]
stevieray 01:33 PM 09-26-2017
to the fluky "turnovers"
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:41 PM 09-26-2017
The passing yards given up are similar to last year (597 in 2016, 643 in 2017). The passing TD's given up can be attributed to the fluky "turnovers" on our side of the field.
There's that homer spin. :-) fluky turnovers. Whatever

Also, did I look up some bad stats? I had The Panthers with 159yds, Indy with 170yds, and Cinci with 189yds for a total of 518yds in 3 games last year, not 597 as you stated. That is over 40 yards more per game this year, which is significant.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:43 PM 09-26-2017
There's that homer spin. :-) fluky turnovers. Whatever

Also, did I look up some bad stats? I had The Panthers with 159yds, Indy with 170yds, and Cinci with 189yds for a total of 518yds in 3 games last year, not 597 as you stated. That is over 40 yards more per game this year, which is significant.
I just added up the total passing yards each QB had. I didn't count yardage lost from sacks.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:27 PM 09-26-2017
With Watson as your RT, you will be giving away more 'fluky' turnovers.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:29 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
With Watson as your RT, you will be giving away more 'fluky' turnovers.
Not to mention Semen.

He throws an easy INT about once a game. They just don't always catch them.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:32 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not to mention Semen.

He throws an easy INT about once a game. They just don't always catch them.
I think that's what KnowShit meant by "fluky". If they don't drop the interception, it must be a fluke in his eyes.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 02:37 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Buffalo used a lot of WR/RB screens and slants against Denver. They were able to move the ball efficiently. That's exactly what KC did the last time they played Denver.
Every one does that, the key to beating our Man coverage is to get man on man on the LBs in coverage. Marshall is having a good year but Davis is a liability.

Bills moved the ball through the air because Simmons didn't stay at home and was biting on fakes. He will learn. It is early in the season. Bills were at home and amped up. They pressured the Broncos O and backups were making unbelieveable tackles at or behind the LOS all day then they were able to pressure Trevor into bad plays and they got hits on him and it rattled him. I think he hit his head on a scramble because he didn't look the same after that. He was moving the ball before that. I missed the long throw to Sanders but heard it could have been a catch but I didn't see it.

Any given Sunday any team can beat the other. The Broncos had to be perfect to win that game and they weren't. kc didn't need to be perfect to beat the chargers because Rivers gifted 3 bad picks.

Oakland game will tell me more about who this team really is. I am kind of glad there is an early bye this year, gives them time to address some of the coverage issues and fine tune the O.

I love Bolles, the kid is a huge upgrade even hurt. Broncos get Ray and Butt back in a couple weeks. They should both contribute and make this team stronger as the season goes on.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:44 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Every one does that, the key to beating our Man coverage is to get man on man on the LBs in coverage. Marshall is having a good year but Davis is a liability.

Bills moved the ball through the air because Simmons didn't stay at home and was biting on fakes. He will learn. It is early in the season. Bills were at home and amped up. They pressured the Broncos O and backups were making unbelieveable tackles at or behind the LOS all day then they were able to pressure Trevor into bad plays and they got hits on him and it rattled him. I think he hit his head on a scramble because he didn't look the same after that. He was moving the ball before that. I missed the long throw to Sanders but heard it could have been a catch but I didn't see it.

Any given Sunday any team can beat the other. The Broncos had to be perfect to win that game and they weren't. kc didn't need to be perfect to beat the chargers because Rivers gifted 3 bad picks.

Oakland game will tell me more about who this team really is. I am kind of glad there is an early bye this year, gives them time to address some of the coverage issues and fine tune the O.

I love Bolles, the kid is a huge upgrade even hurt. Broncos get Ray and Butt back in a couple weeks. They should both contribute and make this team stronger as the season goes on.
Tell me again how the Donks barely eeked out a win against the Chargers at home, whereas the Chiefs beat them by 2 touchdowns is not concerning to Donk fans?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:45 PM 09-26-2017
Tell me again how the Donks barely eeked out a win against the Chargers at home, whereas the Chiefs beat them by 2 touchdowns is not concerning to Donk fans?
The irony of him talking about us struggling with the Chargers is unreal.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 02:50 PM 09-26-2017
So you weren't worried about nursing a 7 point lead late in the 4th quarter with all your points coming off 3 INT's until Hunt broke off a long TD while grinding clock?

Your Passing O gained what, 150 yards? Have to use shovel passes to get TD's for guys who can't catch down field.

It was a closer game than it should have been and you know it.
[Reply]
TEX 02:54 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
So you weren't worried about nursing a 7 point lead late in the 4th quarter with all your points coming off 3 INT's until Hunt broke off a long TD while grinding clock?

Your Passing O gained what, 150 yards? Have to use shovel passes to get TD's for guys who can't catch down field.

It was a closer game than it should have been and you know it.
:-) As you desperately search to find "SOMETHING" - this is all you have.

Now please tell us how beating the same team at HOME (off a missed kick) by ONLY 3 POINTS, is better than winning on the ROAD by 14? :-)
[Reply]
Page 1144 of 4886
« First < 14464410441094113411401141114211431144 114511461147114811541194124416442144 > Last »
Up