[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:27 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Great episode
Agreed. Best one yet. :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:18 PM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
We couldn’t get a killing the Crabfeeder scene? I guess the guy couldn’t fight, just hammer nails and nod to his army…
Was hoping we'd see a fight or atleast the crabs on him. He looked cool but whatever
[Reply]
staylor26 02:07 PM 09-05-2022
There was no need to show that fight scene. We all knew how it would play out (except for maybe Twisted :-)).

Seeing him walk out dragging his torso/head was badass.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:16 PM 09-05-2022
Man, I really like Viserys. He needs to get his shit together, but he is a decent enough dude.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:48 PM 09-05-2022
Last night was pretty much a classic GoT type episode. Bunch of personal drama through the majority of it and then bam end with an epic fight.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:55 PM 09-05-2022
I watch this and after episode 3 I don't feel dramatically different from how I did watching GoT. Will it be as good? Is it as good? Probably not. But it is eminently enjoyable? Absolutely.

I'm just crestfallen that the Creebfeeder didn't ascend to the Iron Throne.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:32 PM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Last night was pretty much a classic GoT type episode. Bunch of personal drama through the majority of it and then bam end with an epic fight.
it was up to the GOT 1-6 seasons standard. They have the original GRR books completed. No D&D winging it.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:03 PM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I watch this and after episode 3 I don't feel dramatically different from how I did watching GoT. Will it be as good? Is it as good? Probably not. But it is eminently enjoyable? Absolutely.

I'm just crestfallen that the Creebfeeder didn't ascend to the Iron Throne.
It's never going to be peak GOT.

But this first season is honestly better than the first season of GOT (currently rewatching that too), and I have no doubt the ending will be better since it's already finished in the books.

That's good enough for me.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:03 PM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Man, I really like Viserys. He needs to get his shit together, but he is a decent enough dude.
Aside from killing his wife to try and save his son...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:12 PM 09-05-2022
It feels like he generally tries to do the right thing, but I still think Daemon's description of him in E1 is accurate. Too easily influenced by those around him. It was also clearly a mistake for him to wed Hightower's daughter over Velaryon's daughter, which again was a product of him being easily influenced.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:34 PM 09-05-2022
At least it's evident that it's not going to suck...that was quality fantasy entertainment.

Nice character development scene of the princess walking through the crowd with blood on her....had GOT vibes in that.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:59 AM 09-06-2022
This show has taken rather large steps up with each episode. Episode 3 was tremendous TV.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:55 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Aside from killing his wife to try and save his son...
There aren't many unambiguously ethical people in this universe.

He's a hell of a lot better dude than Daemon, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It feels like he generally tries to do the right thing, but I still think Daemon's description of him in E1 is accurate. Too easily influenced by those around him. It was also clearly a mistake for him to wed Hightower's daughter over Velaryon's daughter, which again was a product of him being easily influenced.
I see him more as a guy who is trying to make everyone happy, which is just not possible in his position.

I'm also not sure he is so easily influenced. Obviously he was manipulated into marrying Alicent by Otto, but Otto is also always in his ear telling him how to handle Daemon and he ignores his counsel all the time. He ignored Corlys' proposal for marriage to his daughter, he ignored societal norms in naming Rhaenyra is heir, and he's in the process of ignoring his duty to enforce a political marriage for Rhaenyra.

He shows a lot of strength in making decisions all the time. I think his biggest issue is just being a people pleaser and often making the wrong decisions (or at least not the best decisions.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:58 AM 09-06-2022
The whole thing with the failed hunt, Viserys struggling to land the killing blow, and the white hart presenting itself to Rhaenyra all seemed pretty on the nose.

Is there any deeper interpretation there or is what everyone guesses pretty much what that represented?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:23 AM 09-06-2022
The whole thing with the failed hunt, Viserys struggling to land the killing blow, and the white hart presenting itself to Rhaenyra all seemed pretty on the nose.

Is there any deeper interpretation there or is what everyone guesses pretty much what that represented?
I think the white stag in the kingswood is supposed to represent the true king or something.

But honestly I think it was done well enough.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 37
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up