Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:35 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Never have, but at least I can admit KU football is irrelevant.
Rhule is going to end up finishing with a top 25 class and get the #1 kid in the country next year. The brand is still plenty relevant fella
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:55 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Rhule is going to end up finishing with a top 25 class and get the #1 kid in the country next year. The brand is still plenty relevant fella
Gonna suck for you to miss bowl games again next year.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:57 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Gonna suck for you to miss bowl games again next year.
Yeah I don't expect them to do much next year
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:28 PM 12-28-2022
Can anyone imagine that worthless turd Dickwitz leading a comeback like this?
[Reply]
Best22 08:57 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Can anyone imagine that worthless turd Dickwitz leading a comeback like this?
If the other team is bad enough

Came back against Arkansas in 2020 won 50-48 at the last second

I don’t like Drinkwitz but he actually managed to beat this same Arkansas team. Moral victory for Kansas I guess
[Reply]
Jerm 09:23 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I have no idea how Florida still has any traction.

But overall, I don't care if Drinkwitz was spotted scissoring with Richard Simmons while Cheryl Crow played in the background if they're getting results.
…and they’re not so any time I hear rEcRuItInG as a cop out for Drinkwitz I roll my eyes. I could care less what our Rivals rankings is when we’re a perennial .500 (even slightly worse) under the guy.

Kleiman gets more out of 3 star guys than Drinkwitz does 4 and 5 stars…
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:27 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
…and they’re not so any time I hear rEcRuItInG as a cop out for Drinkwitz I roll my eyes. I could care less what our Rivals rankings is when we’re a perennial .500 (even slightly worse) under the guy.

Drink is just such an unlikeable guy, there’s no way his players respect him. It explains why he can’t get anything out of them regardless of their recruiting ranking.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:49 PM 12-28-2022

That's a pretty dumb statement. Sure he has to find a QB that can hit the broadside of a barn and skeptical hippo is skeptical, but parts of the team have improved significantly because of bringing in said talent.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:52 AM 12-29-2022
I have no idea how Florida still has any traction.

But overall, I don't care if Drinkwitz was spotted scissoring with Richard Simmons while Cheryl Crow played in the background if they're getting results.
Gator fans are not yet storming the castle, but there is a lot of consternation over those leaving and going unto the portal and the recruits that are waffling.

Their coach is going to feel the heat.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:41 AM 12-29-2022
"The Athletic Department was full of shit for not wanting to schedule a bowl game on the same night as MU/UK!"

{ahem}

Kinda feel like they may have been vindicated last night. School's not in session and yet the arena was sold out and the atmosphere was absolutely electric.

Sure seems like there was something to that thought process, eh?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:25 AM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Gator fans are not yet storming the castle, but there is a lot of consternation over those leaving and going unto the portal and the recruits that are waffling.

Their coach is going to feel the heat.
I think Florida is in for a world of hurt in 2023. The QB situation is a real mess and there just seems to be a lot of general apathy for the university.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:46 AM 12-29-2022
That's a pretty dumb statement. Sure he has to find a QB that can hit the broadside of a barn and skeptical hippo is skeptical, but parts of the team have improved significantly because of bringing in said talent.
….and yet the results still aren’t there so no it’s not a dumb statement.

3 years in, he’s a below .500 coach after yet another listless season and heading into another one. Oh and he’s completely botched the most important position on the field as well….now hopefully Horn can rectify that.

His first season was his best and it’s been downhill since, does that not concern anyone else lol?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:39 PM 12-29-2022
….and yet the results still aren’t there so no it’s not a dumb statement.

3 years in, he’s a below .500 coach after yet another listless season and heading into another one. Oh and he’s completely botched the most important position on the field as well….now hopefully Horn can rectify that.

His first season was his best and it’s been downhill since, does that not concern anyone else lol?

The botch has been not landing a high quality transfer or fix. They’ve tried and struck out there.

Which left Drinkwitz stuck with the below-average QB room he inherited.

Bazelak was serviceable during the COVID year but not last year. Cook always was a trash offer.

The fruits of his QB recruiting have yet to be seen but are far more promising than they’ve been since Pinkel was the coach.

Some of the struggle at QB still stems from the complete failure of Barry Odom and Josh Heupel in recruiting a HS QB worth a good goddamn.

Drinkwitz hasn’t been able to paper over that, but it’s harder to do at QB than anywhere else. And harder to do when you don’t have a guy at your current job you can point to as a success.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:14 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"The Athletic Department was full of shit for not wanting to schedule a bowl game on the same night as MU/UK!"

{ahem}

Kinda feel like they may have been vindicated last night. School's not in session and yet the arena was sold out and the atmosphere was absolutely electric.

Sure seems like there was something to that thought process, eh?
They knew they would lose to KU
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:21 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
They knew they would lose to KU
You is a gay
[Reply]
Page 103 of 109
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107 > Last »
Up