ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 140 of 173
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:48 AM 03-29-2023
Ted Lasso is back on; my wife is into it, but I'm barely paying attention to it anymore. 1st season was pure magic, these last 2 seasons are something else.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:56 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Ted Lasso is back on; my wife is into it, but I'm barely paying attention to it anymore. 1st season was pure magic, these last 2 seasons are something else.
Yet another show that we waited forever for the new season and since it's been out, we haven't touched it.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:07 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yet another show that we waited forever for the new season and since it's been out, we haven't touched it.
I found the first episode cringey. It felt like some of the dialogue had truly jumped the shark and I was genuinely reluctant to move forward (though my wife hasn't given me much of a choice).

But the second episode was stronger and back on track.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:20 AM 03-29-2023
Is it all out? This time of year, if I start it, I may not have time to finish, but if the whole season is there, I can throw it on while I'm in the office.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:31 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Is it all out? This time of year, if I start it, I may not have time to finish, but if the whole season is there, I can throw it on while I'm in the office.
No, it's 1 episode per week.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:14 AM 03-29-2023
No, it's 1 episode per week.
Gotcha. Thanks. I’ll probably wait until it’s all up before I get into it.
[Reply]
HemiEd 03-29-2023, 04:43 PM
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
HemiEd 03-30-2023, 01:38 PM
KCUnited 01:43 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Watched season 2 episode 4 this morning. Like a lot of shows lately, history is being rewritten.
Paul Drake, Perry Mason's right hand man back in the day is now black, and does a tremendous job on the part IMO. Also, there is now lesbian/gay action to fit the diversity requirements.

This is the original Paul Drake
I have nothing to base it on but in my mind this is a nod towards Raymond Burr
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:49 PM 03-30-2023
Watched season 2 episode 4 this morning. Like a lot of shows lately, history is being rewritten.
Paul Drake, Perry Mason's right hand man back in the day is now black, and does a tremendous job on the part IMO. Also, there is now lesbian/gay action to fit the diversity requirements.

This is the original Paul Drake
Which is beyond the suspension of belief back in the depression era for that relationship to occur because they would've been killed.
[Reply]
HemiEd 03-30-2023, 02:00 PM
TwistedChief 05:25 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Which is beyond the suspension of belief back in the depression era for that relationship to occur because they would've been killed.
You haven’t even watched the show, have you? So you have absolutely no idea in terms of the context of said relationship.

Suspending belief to imagine two females have a clandestine relationship in that era? It must be hard to do for someone like you who thinks it must’ve been like living under the Third Reich for lesbians in the 1930s in LA. Shot on site, according to you.

Please return to the land Far Beyond Comprehension.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:39 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You haven’t even watched the show, have you? So you have absolutely no idea in terms of the context of said relationship.

Suspending belief to imagine two females have a clandestine relationship in that era? It must be hard to do for someone like you who thinks it must’ve been like living under the Third Reich for lesbians in the 1930s in LA. Shot on site, according to you.

LOL, Like Perry riding the race horse, banging his sons Teacher, the Hispanic storyline.

Yeah I haven't seen it.

evidently, you never had in depth conversation with an elder about such things
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:25 PM 03-30-2023

Once again, the entire point goes right over your head. The fact that this along with race has to be included in current productions is the issue
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:59 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
LOL, Like Perry riding the race horse, banging his sons Teacher, the Hispanic storyline.

Yeah I haven't seen it.

evidently, you never had in depth conversation with an elder about such things
Okay, I respectfully take that back.

But evidently, you feel whatever conversation you had with your grandfather - likely of midwestern descent - is indicative of broad history. Any individual situation represents all situations. Got it.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:08 PM 03-30-2023
Once again, the entire point goes right over your head. The fact that this along with race has to be included in current productions is the issue
The fact that it seems to trigger someone like you enough to complain about it on a message board with your online friends is perhaps more of the "issue."

Most people watching the show don't remotely care about or even think about that. You view it as some affront and TribalElder thinks one must "suspend belief" to believe it could occur at that time. Otherwise, death and murder!

You're right - clips of the old Perry Mason must be more indicative of how things actually were at that time. I'm sure TV in the 50s and 60s was pretty much representative of a broad swath of society. I feel bad for your wife that she probably couldn't nod her head like Barbara Eden and make all of your wishes come true.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:39 PM 03-30-2023
The fact that it seems to trigger someone like you enough to complain about it on a message board with your online friends is perhaps more of the "issue."

Most people watching the show don't remotely care about or even think about that. You view it as some affront and TribalElder thinks one must "suspend belief" to believe it could occur at that time. Otherwise, death and murder!

You're right - clips of the old Perry Mason must be more indicative of how things actually were at that time. I'm sure TV in the 50s and 60s was pretty much representative of a broad swath of society. I feel bad for your wife that she probably couldn't nod her head like Barbara Eden and make all of your wishes come true.
:-) You are so full of yourself it is hilarious.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03-30-2023, 07:55 PM
This message has been deleted by Megatron96. Reason: q
Megatron96 07:56 PM 03-30-2023
Welp, after years of procrastinating and not getting past season 1 of Yellowstone, I'm diving into the rabbit hole of season 2. I may end up moving to LoLo MT before the end of the week.
[Reply]
Page 140 of 173
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150 > Last »
Up