ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 31
« First < 212728293031
Nzoner's Game Room>Best National Media Tears Official Thread
staylor26 11:50 PM 01-23-2022

The NFL is the greatest league in sports because of the parity. The last team drafts first, the first team drafts last. Not allowing Josh Allen, the best player in today’s game, to touch the ball in overtime is one thing the @NFL must fix. pic.twitter.com/UqP4vE6nc0

— Emmanuel Acho (@EmmanuelAcho) January 24, 2022

[Reply]
eDave 06:09 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I know it sounds crazy, and I may be completely off, but I think if Mahomes was flat out white, it would be different.

Yes he is light skinned, and half black half white, but many people still view him as a black QB.

And it's not just white people being biased. As this board has discussed several times, people like Marcellus Wiley are blatantly anti Mahomes because he is light skinned, and therefore not black enough.

I know that sounds extreme for 2022 in the NFL, because you would think that performance on the field is all that should matter, but I think that's where we are. I bet some of the media people don't even realize why they have a bias towards other players or against Mahomes, because they have just been conditioned their entire lives.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
FYI guys. This is total bullshit.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:26 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
digging their heels in because they all picked Buffalo to win.
This is it. Picking the Chiefs and Mahomes is too easy and obvious. It's why the Chargers get so much preseason love.

It's not personal. Andy and Mahomes have to be the most likeable coach/QB combo in the NFL. Especially considering the arrogance of some of these younger coaches those two keep schooling.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 06:30 PM 01-26-2022
You know why they didn't squib it? Because there is no way they thought they would lose that game. Patrick made them pay with their hubris. Also if we're going back and changing what should have been, let's throw on the 8 points we left on the field with Butker's missed extra point, field goal and the 4 points we left on the board with that Bell run option bullshit play. Everyone likes to look smarter than they are because they have the benefit of hindsight. Yeah if we could change details, I'll have Butker make those points alone, and there wouldn't have been an OT to complain about a squib kick and we're looking at onside kicks instead for Buffalo to get the ball back. Also Tyreek just running into the end zone at the end, that was a mistake, he should've gone down clutching the ball at the 1 yard line giving us at least 3 downs to just punch it in and run time off the clock or wasting Buffalo's time outs. People want to change the things that help their team, but in the end if you change something for one team to make your team the winner, your point is countered by an equally plausible scenario the other team could've gone back on to nullify it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:31 PM 01-26-2022
This is one reason why I like PTI. Mike and Tony were both like - nah we're not picking against Mahomes at Arrowhead.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:06 PM 01-26-2022
I don't think it's that.

I think it's some combination of dink and dunk not being as sexy as throwing bombs all over the field, excitement about the shiny new object (Allen, Herbert), getting numb to Mahomes' greatness, and digging their heels in because they all picked Buffalo to win.

If we win the SB after the way we won this game, I think the Mahomes slobbering will be off the charts.
I forgot the biggest one. These national media pundits are tired of having to come up with Chiefs storylines for the two weeks of Super Bowl hype. They were so looking forward to writing all kinds of nonsense about the Bills. Chiefs nonsense has all been written many times already.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:26 PM 01-26-2022
This is one reason why I like PTI. Mike and Tony were both like - nah we're not picking against Mahomes at Arrowhead.
Those two have great chemistry and historical knowledge of the major sports. Don't spend the whole show yelling, which seems to have become the thing. Love the happy trails segments.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:47 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I know it sounds crazy, and I may be completely off, but I think if Mahomes was flat out white, it would be different.

Yes he is light skinned, and half black half white, but many people still view him as a black QB.

And it's not just white people being biased. As this board has discussed several times, people like Marcellus Wiley are blatantly anti Mahomes because he is light skinned, and therefore not black enough.

I know that sounds extreme for 2022 in the NFL, because you would think that performance on the field is all that should matter, but I think that's where we are. I bet some of the media people don't even realize why they have a bias towards other players or against Mahomes, because they have just been conditioned their entire lives.

God, I hope that isn't the case.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:51 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Look at how they salivate over Lamar Jackson as well as Watson (pre criminal accusations). I doubt Mahomes skin color plays into any of it.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:17 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
When Mahomes didn't get a chance in overtime, the storyline was the bad defense, Sutton should be replaced, and Tom Brady is great.

The white Josh Allen doesn't get a chance in overtime, and the storyline is the overtime rules aren't really fair, and should be changed.

The media doesn't mean it to be about race, they just can't recognize the racial undertones of the two different storylines.

Now, Marcellus Wiley went to an Ivy League college, so chances are he knows exactly why he favors the dark skinned "athletic" QB Lamar Jackson over "intelligent" light skinned QB Patrick Mahomes.

And the mental and logical gymnastics Wiley uses to try and justify his exaltation of Jackson over Mahomes are absurd, and no matter how many times he gets called out for his faulty logic, he dies on the Lamar Jackson hill every time.

Wiley even chooses to praise white QBs over light skinned black QBs, mainly Mahomes and Russell Wilson. Now, he doesn't say that Mahomes and Wilson are scrubs, but looking at the stats and outcome of the game, he still stands by Josh Allen being better than Mahomes, even though Allen hasn't won shit or done shit in the league to match Mahomes.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:25 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Should be on the cusp of 4 straight Super Bowls which only Jim Kelly has done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:28 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I wouldn't say she's hot or anything but I really like Cynthia Frelund.

I'm a sucker for solid statistical analysis.

Me too! She’s very nerdish & I love it.

[Reply]
suzzer99 03:07 AM 01-27-2022
For all these national pundits that picked the Bills and are now butthurt - I'd really like to know if they had to make that pick for their life - would they honestly pick against Mahomes at Arrowhead in the playoffs?

I bet the answer is no for every last one of them. Picking the Bills just makes a better story.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 04:25 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Should be on the cusp of 4 straight Super Bowls which only Jim Kelly has done.

In his first 4 years no less, an even greater accomplishment. You have another solid draft this April, we could be looking at 5 which is crazy to think about.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:38 AM 01-27-2022
For all these national pundits that picked the Bills and are now butthurt - I'd really like to know if they had to make that pick for their life - would they honestly pick against Mahomes at Arrowhead in the playoffs?

I bet the answer is no for every last one of them. Picking the Bills just makes a better story.
Nate Burleson picked the Chiefs. :-)
[Reply]
Page 31 of 31
« First < 212728293031
Up