ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 72
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:10 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Patrick, not Andy.

I keep saying people saying that if Mecole keeps running then it might be a completion, but what actually would happen is Mecole is 5 yards or more past where the ball lands and the DB probably intercepts the ball. If he's running full speed Mahomes under throws him by several yards.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:20 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude, I don't care if he throws for 5 TDs in a game or not. That's not the point. Nor does that mean we will win as we have seen in the past.

I want to see him have a good game. If that means he throws for 2 TDs and we run for 3 then great. Lead the ****ing offense.
I'll take that as you know good and well Patrick can turn it on and this team can get back on track . Am I right?
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:17 AM 11-09-2021
Dude, I don't care if he throws for 5 TDs in a game or not. That's not the point. Nor does that mean we will win as we have seen in the past.

I want to see him have a good game. If that means he throws for 2 TDs and we run for 3 then great. Lead the ****ing offense.
This post fucking kills me. Patrick Mahomes lead this team to 3 AFC Championships winning two of those Lead his team to SB LIV victory but fuck if he has a few bad games in a season that tipped balls on the air cost his team victories but they were precision passes because they hit the hands of his target.

Fuck this fucking thread. I bet you don't think we will sniff the playoffs Pete.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:28 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
This post ****ing kills me. Patrick Mahomes lead this team to 3 AFC Championships winning two of those Lead his team to SB LIV victory but **** if he has a few bad games in a season that tipped balls on the air cost his team victories but they were precision passes because they hit the hands of his target.

**** this ****ing thread. I bet you don't think we will sniff the playoffs Pete.

Pete isn't even sure Mahomes is a legit NFL QB or a flash in the pan.

Nothing negative he says about Mahomes should surprise anyone after posting that gem.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:32 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Pete isn't even sure Mahomes is a legit NFL QB or a flash in the pan.

Nothing negative he says about Mahomes should surprise anyone after posting that gem.
oh I know it's just Pete but he aggravates the fuck out of me with his pre halftime threads when we aren't up 20 points and something not going right it's discussed in game thread but he has to be a negative Nancy or a Karen. Hey mods can we change Petes name to Karen?
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:45 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
oh I know it's just Pete but he aggravates the **** out of me with his pre halftime threads when we aren't up 20 points and something not going right it's discussed in game thread but he has to be a negative Nancy or a Karen. Hey mods can we change Petes name to Karen?
A disturbing trend has started when we shit on our qb after a win when he makes a highlight reel play to seal it.

Guy threw for like 800 yards in a game in college and lost. He's never been worried about numbers, he just wants to win.

This offensive unit has been out of sorts all season. It's not just Patrick. Brown gets blown by like he's standing still, revolving door at rt, trash running backs, guys dropping EASY PASSES RIGHT IN THEIR FUCKING HANDS,, a slew of fumbles, tip drills, and interceptions, all exacerbated by a historically terrible defense.

I'm sure the wide open Kelce play everyone shitting on Mahomes is fapping to, Kelce got in his ear in the huddle, because very next play what happens? Pat goes right to him and Kelce drops the fucking football. Then Tyreek slips for the 8 thousandth time this season with his shitty cleats and we are 3 n out.

But the blame is all on Pat for trying a deep shot to Hardman on first down.

K.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:51 AM 11-09-2021

I was totally depressed the entire Chiefs game… until that final play. Patrick Mahomes looked like Patrick Mahomes for the first time in a month.

I truly believe that singular throw is going to snap him out of this funk. https://t.co/6p0PGidrje

— nick wright (@getnickwright) November 8, 2021

[Reply]
Rasputin 01:09 AM 11-09-2021
oh it
A disturbing trend has started when we shit on our qb after a win when he makes a highlight reel play to seal it.

Guy threw for like 800 yards in a game in college and lost. He's never been worried about numbers, he just wants to win.

This offensive unit has been out of sorts all season. It's not just Patrick. Brown gets blown by like he's standing still, revolving door at rt, trash running backs, guys dropping EASY PASSES RIGHT IN THEIR FUCKING HANDS,, a slew of fumbles, tip drills, and interceptions, all exacerbated by a historically terrible defense.

I'm sure the wide open Kelce play everyone shitting on Mahomes is fapping to, Kelce got in his ear in the huddle, because very next play what happens? Pat goes right to him and Kelce drops the fucking football. Then Tyreek slips for the 8 thousandth time this season with his shitty cleats and we are 3 n out.

K.
Even in the Super Bowl he made a heroic throw as he was sideways mid air throwing thirty yards into the end zone hitting his target but dropped. That to me was the play of the game and I love Patrick for making that play even if it wasn't caught it was a HOF throw.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:24 AM 11-09-2021

This offensive unit has been out of sorts all season. It's not just Patrick. Brown gets blown by like he's standing still, revolving door at rt, trash running backs, guys dropping EASY PASSES RIGHT IN THEIR ****ING HANDS,, a slew of fumbles, tip drills, and interceptions, all exacerbated by a historically terrible defense.

I'm sure the wide open Kelce play everyone shitting on Mahomes is fapping to, Kelce got in his ear in the huddle, because very next play what happens? Pat goes right to him and Kelce drops the ****ing football. Then Tyreek slips for the 8 thousandth time this season with his shitty cleats and we are 3 n out.

K.
QBs get more credit than they should and they also get more blame than they should when things go bad. It's just how it is.

He's got a HOF offensive minded HC, HOF TE, and HOF WR. He's got plenty of help. He's been playing like shit lately. He will snap out of it. I've got confidence in him. But anyone saying he hasn't been playing like trash is just in denial.

I agree that Kelce has been off as well but it starts w QB.
Hard to get in a rhythm when QB is constantly throwing the ball either too high, behind, or just a plain overthrow.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:14 AM 11-09-2021
Anyone wanting to bench Mahomes is insane. Anyone who can't figure out what's going on isn't very perceptive. It's really not complicated.

He just needs to be a little less Favre right now, and a little more Tom Brady and all will be fine.

Defenses are betting on him being the gunslinger who will ignore the easy first down to go for the home run ball. So he needs to make them pay for that. And he will, sooner or later.

By the way, you guys throwing out that 4. whatever ypa stat-you do realize that the deep ball incompletions count in that percentage, right? as well as the low completion percentage. That says- too many low percentage passes attempted. So your argument against the short/intermediate passing game is actually not helped by the stats.

Mahomes can't do anything about the drops, but he can do something about the low completion percentage, which will in turn raise the YPA, which will in turn result in more first downs, which will in turn create more scoring opportunities.

A little less Favre, a little more Brady.

It'll be fine. Eventually. When Mahomes can keep himself disciplined a little more often. The deep shots will open up again shortly after.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:16 AM 11-09-2021
From NFL.com...

The Patrick Mahomes slump is real: We've moved past the point of wondering when the Kansas City Chiefs star quarterback is going to return to his typical form and dominate the NFL again. There is something legitimately off about Mahomes, and it's a source of concern for those within the Chiefs organization. He's thrown two touchdown passes and two interceptions in his last three games. He's averaged 215.7 passing yards in those contests and accounted for all of 166 passing yards in Sunday's 13-7 win over Green Bay. Overall, the Chiefs have scored just 36 points in their last three outings. The upside is, they've won two of those (against the Giants and Packers). The downside is, those victories came against teams led by quarterbacks named Daniel Jones and Jordan Love. There have been so many issues with the Chiefs' offense -- from shaky offensive tackles to defenses containing Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce to a league-high 19 turnovers -- that it's been easy to assume this unit has been dragging Mahomes down. That isn't the case anymore. He's literally playing the worst football of his career. He's missing open receivers, failing to take opportunities for checkdowns when they arise and, most importantly, looking as joyless as he's ever appeared on a football field at this level. The Chiefs have been good enough to survive lately with him slumping. The reality is, they aren't going to beat the best teams in the league unless their quarterback starts performing at a high level again.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:22 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Truth.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:21 AM 11-09-2021
He was playing hurt on a bum ankle then. And even so, he wasn't off like his right now. I mean his passes are uncharacteristically inaccurate right now. Behind guys, in the ground, way out of reach on deep balls.

Right now he reminds me of a Pitcher that insists on throwing his sinker even though teams have caught on and quit swinging at it.

The 40 yard pass to Hardman was made out of pride and stubbornness, imo.

Until he accepts the fact that he doesn't have to always have highlight-reel passes every time he drops back I think he will struggle.

When he learns to be patient and carve defenses up with the short to intermediate routes, the deep routes will come back.
His bum ankle happened during a completely different part of the season. His slump happened after he came back healthy from his knee injury -- which again showcases how you and many Chiefs fans do not remember how bad Pat's slump was in this time.

A lot to unpack here. The Chiefs are working a deep concept to the field side with Hill and Watkins. Mahomes exits a clean pocket to his right, away from the concept. He makes a bad play worse trying to throw across the field to Watkins. Should have been an INT. Rough sequence. pic.twitter.com/PpvrnPfNBO

— Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) December 3, 2019

Originally Posted by :
This play is designed to be thrown to the field. Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins’ route stems show as if this play is all working into the boundary before both are going to break out into the wide side of the field. Mahomes feels a little bit of pressure from his backside by Maxx Crosby and bails from a clean-enough pocket that he could have hung and delivered the ball. The problem is Mahomes bails away from the concept he’s trying to throw. He’s hung out to dry running away from the play. Had he stepped up in the pocket and let Crosby clear, he could have rolled to his left with his receivers and space to throw.

[...]

This play involves a few points that have brought inconsistency to the offense lately. For one, this isn’t the first play in which Mahomes has exited the pocket early. There seems to be some distrust in the protection up front. It can be reflected by early exits like on this play. Teams have been forcing the Chiefs to drive the ball, intent on eliminating explosive, vertical plays. There seems to be some growing frustration and impatience with Mahomes not getting to go out and do some of the things he’s normalized. This beyond-risky throw into the middle of the field is one of a few overly aggressive throws like the interception last week.
Does this sound familiar or nah?

We'll keep it going, this time from The Athletic.

Originally Posted by :

Here, the Raiders show a stunt against the right side of the offensive line and Mahomes doesn’t wait to see whether it’s picked up. Instead, he takes off to his right, which opens up a lane for the edge rusher. Had Mahomes stayed put, he would have been fine in the pocket, and he likely would have seen Demarcus Robinson come open down the field for a potential touchdown. Mahomes even appeared to be looking that direction before getting happy feet and leaving the pocket.

Mahomes’ lack of trust has affected his footwork as discussed above, and as a result, his accuracy has gone down. He’s trying to get rid of the ball more quickly on plays where he has time to set his feet, and it has cost the Chiefs some big plays.

The Chiefs execute a drag-and-go with tight end Travis Kelce here, and it results in a wide open potential touchdown. Mahomes must move initially, but that’s part of the play design with tight end Blake Bell sealing off the defensive end. Mahomes has time to reset his feet before making the throw but instead wings it off-platform. As a result, the ball comes up a bit short and inside. Mahomes threw a dangerous potential pick when targeting receiver Sammy Watkins with a similar throw.
From another source...

Originally Posted by :
[Since the Titans game], the numbers have not returned to the levels that Chiefs fans have come to expect. Over the past two games, Mahomes has completed only 56 percent of his passes for a total of 357 yards for 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. (Yes, that’s a two-game total.)
Mahomes was not good during that time, and played very similarly to how he is now. But as you yourself have demonstrated, this has largely been forgotten by KC fans.
[Reply]
Steron 09:47 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
From NFL.com...

The Patrick Mahomes slump is real: We've moved past the point of wondering when the Kansas City Chiefs star quarterback is going to return to his typical form and dominate the NFL again. There is something legitimately off about Mahomes, and it's a source of concern for those within the Chiefs organization. He's thrown two touchdown passes and two interceptions in his last three games. He's averaged 215.7 passing yards in those contests and accounted for all of 166 passing yards in Sunday's 13-7 win over Green Bay. Overall, the Chiefs have scored just 36 points in their last three outings. The upside is, they've won two of those (against the Giants and Packers). The downside is, those victories came against teams led by quarterbacks named Daniel Jones and Jordan Love. There have been so many issues with the Chiefs' offense -- from shaky offensive tackles to defenses containing Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce to a league-high 19 turnovers -- that it's been easy to assume this unit has been dragging Mahomes down. That isn't the case anymore. He's literally playing the worst football of his career. He's missing open receivers, failing to take opportunities for checkdowns when they arise and, most importantly, looking as joyless as he's ever appeared on a football field at this level. The Chiefs have been good enough to survive lately with him slumping. The reality is, they aren't going to beat the best teams in the league unless their quarterback starts performing at a high level again.

I read this today as well. They have a legitimate point in saying that he looks joyless playing the game. I have seen a couple videos of Mahomes looking like a beaten man while out with his girl and brother. During the last game I thought I saw him barking at Reid from the field. Am I remembering that correctly? Obviously, something is off.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:52 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Steron:
I read this today as well. They have a legitimate point in saying that he looks joyless playing the game. I have seen a couple videos of Mahomes looking like a beaten man while out with his girl and brother. During the last game I thought I saw him barking at Reid from the field. Am I remembering that correctly? Obviously, something is off.
Watch his press conferences. Watch MIC'd up. His attitude is fine.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 72
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up