ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 25
« First < 111718192021 22232425 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck!!!!!!!!! I just lost my job
Titty Meat 01:46 PM 03-24-2023
I just got blindsided folks. Manager and some HR lady pull me into a chat room and inform me they are letting me going due to company restructuring :-) I didn't see this coming at all I'm devastated and don't know what the fuck to do.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:28 AM 04-05-2023
This dude went from giving jobs to getting jobs. Congrats!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:05 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Nice job!

Work from home again too?
No it will be hybrid after training 2 days in the office. Not too bad
[Reply]
scho63 12:30 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
We're assholes on here but there really are people on here who know there shit when it comes to life.
their

Don't make that mistake during your training! :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:02 AM 05-17-2023
Welp go ahead and put Mr RunKC on this list.
I may be getting fucked harder than Billay, which I didn’t think was possible.

I’m not getting fired or laid off though. My company got bought out by a corporate company back in 2018 so I’ve technically been corporate for 5 years.

They just sent out a “back to work” email but it’s a relocation thing that starts in the first week of August. They have their 3 biggest hub cities and KC is nowhere near them. The secondary cities aren’t close either.

So I’m not fired. I’m not laid off. They just want to cut a bunch of people (probably due to debt) and this is the best way.

Best part? I’m pretty sure I would be forced to resign bc I won’t accept moving to my new job location and they can claim job abandonment (3 days) if I don’t go.

So my only option appears to be resignation, which means no severance and no unemployment.

What a bunch of fucking assholes
[Reply]
loochy 10:17 AM 05-17-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I’m not getting fired or laid off though. My company got bought out by a corporate company back in 2018 so I’ve technically been corporate for 5 years.

They just sent out a “back to work” email but it’s a relocation thing that starts in the first week of August. They have their 3 biggest hub cities and KC is nowhere near them. The secondary cities aren’t close either.

So I’m not fired. I’m not laid off. They just want to cut a bunch of people (probably due to debt) and this is the best way.

Best part? I’m pretty sure I would be forced to resign bc I won’t accept moving to my new job location and they can claim job abandonment (3 days) if I don’t go.

So my only option appears to be resignation, which means no severance and no unemployment.

Well are they offering any sort of relocation assistance package? Pay bump for living in a different area? Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and go.

Do you have a family that you don't want to relocate? Maybe you can go ahead and take the job in another city temporarily while you keep looking for something suitable in the KC area.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:28 AM 05-17-2023

Yeah, turns out if you have a bunch of variable interest debt it will require more cashflow to service and the easiest way to get that is payroll.

Sorry man.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:31 AM 05-17-2023
I may be getting ****ed harder than Billay, which I didn’t think was possible.

What a bunch of ****ing assholes
Damn dude I'm sorry let me know if you need any help finding something. The market is pretty good at the moment
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:35 AM 05-17-2023

You probably need to get in contact with a lawyer for this one. Unless there's an outright clause in your contract that states they can relocate you you're probably eligible for at least a severance and unemployment.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:38 AM 05-17-2023

Sorry to hear, man. The good news is that it's a pretty tight labor market right now, so hopefully you'll land on your feet.

FWIW, being forced to relocate and being unable to do so often IS considered a qualifying reason for unemployment. There are nuances to it, but I'd absolutely file the paperwork at least.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:40 AM 05-17-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You probably need to get in contact with a lawyer for this one. Unless there's an outright clause in your contract that states they can relocate you you're probably eligible for at least a severance and unemployment.
Yeah this. I know in California at least there are pretty hard rules about how far away you can ask someone to relocate without it being effectively a lay-off.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:44 AM 05-17-2023
A quick Google search about this shows you're pretty likely to qualify for unemployment
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:46 AM 05-17-2023

We just got a similar announcement last week.

Hybrid RTO minimum 3 days a week for anyone within 50 miles of an office, no exceptions.

People outside of the 50 mile radius are "unaffected" as of now but the writing on the wall is by the end of the year they'll be either required to relocate or be terminated.

Lot of speculation of the RTO announcement being a quiet firing initiative or an attempt to salvage the commercial real estate market.

Looking into it further it seems the hybrid RTO is going to be the equilibrium point of the post-pandemic work environment. Per LinkedIn fully remote position posting are trending lower while hybrid position posting are on the rise.

It doesn't feel like a coincidence that more RTO announcements keep popping up. We were told the decision was based on a combo of productivity data (bullshit) and industry trends.
[Reply]
Reroka 11:07 AM 05-17-2023
Liveops is an excellent way to work from home. Not bad money. I do it part-time for extra money as I am building a house and need all the money I can get
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:08 AM 05-17-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
We just got a similar announcement last week.

Hybrid RTO minimum 3 days a week for anyone within 50 miles of an office, no exceptions.

People outside of the 50 mile radius are "unaffected" as of now but the writing on the wall is by the end of the year they'll be either required to relocate or be terminated.

Lot of speculation of the RTO announcement being a quiet firing initiative or an attempt to salvage the commercial real estate market.

Looking into it further it seems the hybrid RTO is going to be the equilibrium point of the post-pandemic work environment. Per LinkedIn fully remote position posting are trending lower while hybrid position posting are on the rise.

It doesn't feel like a coincidence that more RTO announcements keep popping up. We were told the decision was based on a combo of productivity data (bullshit) and industry trends.
Yeah, I'm reading fair bit about it. Apparently Toilet and Douche is having a pretty sizable layoff. Which is weird, because there is a massive shortage of CPAs.

The WFH thing is a pretty interesting thing to watch from the outside. This is a tighter job market than I've seen in my life. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. There are some employees that are ride or die with WFH and a lot of them are tremendously valuable and difficult to replace.

The other side of it is that I don't have a problem believing there is a significant dropoff of production of many employees. Particularly lower end employees.

The other component that is difficult to quantify is most of the training and development for upward mobility happens informally in the office. I'm sure dudes are looking at their bench and thinking, "fuck".

It's an interesting set of problems. I'm glad I don't lean on the labor pool more than I do. And I hate the part that I do.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:19 AM 05-17-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Sorry to hear, man. The good news is that it's a pretty tight labor market right now, so hopefully you'll land on your feet.

FWIW, being forced to relocate and being unable to do so often IS considered a qualifying reason for unemployment. There are nuances to it, but I'd absolutely file the paperwork at least.
Apparently if you resign you can file for unemployment and receive it through the exception for showing good cause. This is usually for harassment or unsafe working conditions, but if it comes to it I’m still applying. You figure my situation would be an exception.

One of the secondary offices is in St Louis but that’s roughly 4 hours away. I have less than 10% chance of getting the “virtual hybrid” designation only going in 1-3 days a month. That would be ideal as my Uncle lives in St Charles, however that’s less than 10%. I’m much more likely to get the full time 3-5 day office worker designation.

That would help with time while I’m looking, but my wife is very much against it for good reason. I would be leaving Sunday afternoon and probably wouldn’t be back until late Wednesday night. That’s a lot of time away from my family just to push time out to keep my job and get one.

I’m dusting off my resume today and will probably start looking for new employment tomorrow.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 25
« First < 111718192021 22232425 >
Up