ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 774 of 795
« First < 274674724764770771772773774 775776777778784 > Last »
The Lounge>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:10 AM 09-29-2021
PLTR retreated back into my buy zone
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:16 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I never got to have a Roth until 2020 when my income was down enough to qualify, but those things are magical. I think my policy would be to fund a Roth before anything else other than food and shelter.
Canít you set up your company 401K as a Roth?

I talked to an administrator dude that told me qualified plans (401K 403B etc) donít have income limits for Roth.
[Reply]
Nixhex 10:27 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
CEI
RCAT
NAKD
HIVE
GGPI
BBIG
ANY
PALT
FAMI
MMAT
Bought some CEI - Up over 27% today. Bravo.
[Reply]
MTG#10 10:31 AM 09-29-2021
I'm around, just not much to talk about right now. My only positions right now are AMC and UWMC.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:51 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Canít you set up your company 401K as a Roth?

I talked to an administrator dude that told me qualified plans (401K 403B etc) donít have income limits for Roth.
Wow, I've never heard of that before. I'll have to look into it.

Maybe I've never heard of it because we don't have a company 401k. We have a Simple IRA, which at the time seemed to be the best tradeoff of risk and reward as a business owner. In retrospect, a 401k would have been better, but only because looking back none of the risks bit us.
[Reply]
Pointer19 11:58 AM 09-29-2021
Anybody here into physical precious metals? I'm intrigued by the stacks these guys have. https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetsilver/top/
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:45 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Wow, I've never heard of that before. I'll have to look into it.

Maybe I've never heard of it because we don't have a company 401k. We have a Simple IRA, which at the time seemed to be the best tradeoff of risk and reward as a business owner. In retrospect, a 401k would have been better, but only because looking back none of the risks bit us.
That guy I sent you for that financial planner research project you did is the one that told me.

Call him. If your plan isnít a qualified plan, it might be worth the effort to get a qualified plant to set it up as a Roth. Iím sure your employees would appreciate it too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:52 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
Anybody here into physical precious metals? I'm intrigued by the stacks these guys have. https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetsilver/top/
Iíve been consistent on this for a long time.

Metals are commodities. They behave as commodities. Donít buy and hold long term.
[Reply]
Pointer19 02:09 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Iíve been consistent on this for a long time.

Metals are commodities. They behave as commodities. Donít buy and hold long term.
Not an "end of days" type of guy, are ya? :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:23 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
Not an "end of days" type of guy, are ya? :-)
LOL. If it’s end of days, we’re all fucked.

Like SUPER fucked. Just as an easy divider let’s assume the modern food production system started at 1900 (mechanization, specialization) etc.

The US population was 76 Million. And the soils were native then and more productive if we move to back to a no supply chain situation for any period of time. So the holding capacity for the land would be probably less than 75M.

That’s a lot of dead fuckers. And the shit for brains that think starving people will trade food for gold will be the first fuckers dead.

For real though. There are some wackjobs out there. This guy wanted to have dinner with dad and I at a conference. Whatever, I’m not doing shit else. We had decent conversation then this sisterfucker springs it on us that at this one dudes direction he sold a combine and bought physical gold. Nobody is going to want soybeans when the economy collapses. :-) and this is 2010. Dude bought the top.

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quo...eractive-chart

EDIT: I couldn’t get out of that dinner fast enough. And frankly I don’t even care if that soybean farmer lost his shit.

If you want to have incredible exposure to commodity markets, buy a pen of cattle. Then at least my friends will have some volume.

/rant
[Reply]
Pointer19 02:35 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL. If itís end of days, weíre all ****ed.

Like SUPER ****ed. Just as an easy divider letís assume the modern food production system started at 1900 (mechanization, specialization) etc.

The US population was 76 Million. And the soils were native then and more productive if we move to back to a no supply chain situation for any period of time. So the holding capacity for the land would be probably less than 75M.

Thatís a lot of dead ****ers. And the shit for brains that think starving people will trade food for gold will be the first ****ers dead.

For real though. There are some wackjobs out there. This guy wanted to have dinner with dad and I at a conference. Whatever, Iím not doing shit else. We had decent conversation then this sister****er springs it on us that at this one dudes direction he sold a combine and bought physical gold. Nobody is going to want soybeans when the economy collapses. :-) and this is 2010. Dude bought the top.

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quo...eractive-chart

EDIT: I couldnít get out of that dinner fast enough. And frankly I donít even care if that soybean farmer lost his shit.

If you want to have incredible exposure to commodity markets, buy a pen of cattle. Then at least my friends will have some volume.

/rant
I for one want to spend the end of days diving into a swimming pool of silver coins a la Scrooge McDuck.

But I really would love to have land and cattle when I can settle down in one place!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:20 PM 09-29-2021

[Reply]
ghak99 09:07 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
Anybody here into physical precious metals? I'm intrigued by the stacks these guys have. https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetsilver/top/
I have a healthy stack of silver in various forms and a little gold, but most of it has been from gifts over the years and buying random stuff at estate auctions when the crowd just doesn't realize what's actually being sold. I honestly have no clue what it's worth and have never even added it up. Just throw any additions I stumble upon in the safe. In general, it would probably be one of the worst investments a person can make, but I regularly invest in shit that actually dies so my perspective is obviously skewed.

I do watch the markets though, but more as an indicator of what the general population, and more specifically those type of people, may be thinking.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:49 AM 09-30-2021
Hog, buying ILUS dip?!?!
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:51 AM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I have a healthy stack of silver in various forms and a little gold, but most of it has been from gifts over the years and buying random stuff at estate auctions when the crowd just doesn't realize what's actually being sold. I honestly have no clue what it's worth and have never even added it up. Just throw any additions I stumble upon in the safe. In general, it would probably be one of the worst investments a person can make, but I regularly invest in shit that actually dies so my perspective is obviously skewed.

I do watch the markets though, but more as an indicator of what the general population, and more specifically those type of people, may be thinking.
I've always wanted a safe.

I feel like you haven't really made it until you have a safe in your house.
[Reply]
Page 774 of 795
« First < 274674724764770771772773774 775776777778784 > Last »
Up