Page 720 of 929
« First < 220620670710716717718719720 721722723724730770820 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:11 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I met a guy at a commodity conference in I think 09 that was pretty in depth on monetary policy. At lunch this dude this dude that was selling a newsletter singing the virtues of buying gold and this customer of his. The customer told me he sold his combine and put it all in gold. Soybeans won't matter much come midsummer....

I was like uhhhh...wut. I couldn't get out of there quick enough. I was enjoying the conversation up until then, but immediately discredited everything he said, and wanted nothing to do with wackadoo bean farmer.

Soybeans still mattered midsummer.
It's amazing that society actually does work. It's why I discount all of the conspiracy stuff*. There are really very few people in the world who actually want to destroy society, and a whole lot of people who are interested in keeping it on track.

*Except the aliens. That stuff's real.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:13 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Your entire analysis is trite and stale and based on basic web searches that - according to you - are "easy to find."
It's not my analysis, you act like I came up with this whole thing. It's already went from under $5 to almost $80 in less than 6 months. But yeah, you're right...there's nothing to it at all. All of the information out there is made up and the millions of backers are being duped. The $3+ BILLION shorts have lost on AMC alone as reported by multiple news outlets is fake news. I'm done arguing about it, I honestly give zero ****s what you think you know.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 07:21 AM 07-23-2021
I am sitting on a bit of cash right now due to exercising some stock options. I am in all likelihood going to invest into the same types of boring ETF/Indexes as always. However, I am planning to take some of this cash (~$10K) and more actively invest/trade it as well. Anything look good to you today that I should take a closer look at? I haven't started my own looking yet so I thought I would shamelessly see if I could leverage some work that others may have already done.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:28 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
I am sitting on a bit of cash right now due to exercising some stock options. I am in all likelihood going to invest into the same types of boring ETF/Indexes as always. However, I am planning to take some of this cash (~$10K) and more actively invest/trade it as well. Anything look good to you today that I should take a closer look at? I haven't started my own looking yet so I thought I would shamelessly see if I could leverage some work that others may have already done.
PM MTG
[Reply]
stumppy 07:34 AM 07-23-2021
MRNA

I'll add I don't know much of anything about what I'm doing.:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:42 AM 07-23-2021
NVDA just split 3 days ago, Might be a decent long term investment.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:34 PM 07-23-2021
Anyone working in supply chain/logistics? This story is pretty insane in the board game realm. For this particular kickstarter, the shipping costs have gone up $180k since the campaign ended.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/...m_source=share
[Reply]
neech 02:43 PM 07-23-2021
PYPl
[Reply]
lewdog 03:40 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Lewdog, how did you wind up with APPL? Still holding any? Had a great run from $125
I got stopped out fully on 7-15 as I kept moving up my stop loss to the prior day's low.

I scaled out in chunks.

20% at 5% gain
20% at 6% gain
20% at 9% gain
40% at 15% gain

Total trade was 9.3% gain.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:03 PM 07-23-2021
PINS has been on fire this week. Wish I had more.

Academy Sports and Iron Mountain have been great earners for me as well.
[Reply]
scho63 08:23 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I got stopped out fully on 7-15 as I kept moving up my stop loss to the prior day's low.

I scaled out in chunks.

20% at 5% gain
20% at 6% gain
20% at 9% gain
40% at 15% gain

Total trade was 9.3% gain.
Nice job.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:43 PM 07-23-2021
DOW at 35000 for first time ever on Friday.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:33 AM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
PINS has been on fire this week. Wish I had more.
Twitter and Snapchat(up 23% on Fri) had real strong earnings last week. Probably giving anything in advertising a boost. PINS reports earnings next week

3rd week of earnings season is my favorite. Most of the tech goes. Apple, Amazon, MS, Google. I'm pretty sure Tesla, PYPL, Visa, MA & Shopify. I've held Lam Research and Sherwin Williams a long time and they're both in this week somewhere.
[Reply]
neech 11:48 AM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
DOW at 35000 for first time ever on Friday.
That's why a day like last Monday can get a person stressed out when overall you have more upside days, unless a person is awful at picking stocks.

Look at the bad days as possible buying opportunities. Unfortunately I didn't have much cash laying around to do that last Monday.
[Reply]
Iconic 01:47 PM 07-24-2021
I bought up a ton of Draft King when it hit 41ish. I feel like it's bound to implode once the NFL Season kicks off. Plus sports betting is rapidly getting legalized across all states.

Also I still have faith in GME. Well I need to after shoving a bunch of cash into it around 200. FML
[Reply]
Page 720 of 929
« First < 220620670710716717718719720 721722723724730770820 > Last »
Up