Auto play sucks
embed has no autoplay, fix your shit ptlyon
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:15 PM 10-06-2022
Commitment to excrement!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:19 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They were bullying us up until that INT TD, which was a pretty fluky play (14-point swing), and then we hurt their QB.
How do you bully a team and have fewer yds/play? Maybe we just have different definitions of "bully" and "dominate."

So you're concerned about the Chargers game because you think the Chiefs were outplayed, and you're concerned about Indy despite the fact that KC clearly outplayed them in every way but special teams and mean words.

I guess you're just not going to feel good about the team unless they're destroying everyone every week.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:20 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Does ANY team in the NFL come out with that 'laser focus' every week?
That was my point lol
[Reply]
carcosa 01:21 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
How do you bully a team and have fewer yds/play? Maybe we just have different definitions of "bully" and "dominate."

So you're concerned about the Chargers game because you think the Chiefs were outplayed, and you're concerned about Indy despite the fact that KC clearly outplayed them in every way but special teams and mean words.

I guess you're just not going to feel good about the team unless they're destroying everyone every week.
I agree with YOU!!!!
[Reply]
TripleThreat 01:24 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)
Name one thing in football that is guaranteed.
The flip of the coin toss.
That the game will be played with a football
There will be two teams
There will be referrees
There will be goal posts
There will be players

And much much more silly.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:33 PM 10-06-2022
Absolutely not.

I'm engaged in a lot of different arguments right now, but I initially jumped in because someone said the Raiders don't have anyone on offense they're worried about outside of Davante Adams. I think that is absurd. Even with Renfrow out, they've got Waller, Jacobs and Hollins. They have not lived up to their potential, obviously, but those are talented players.

And most Chiefs losses share those similarities: Pat under pressure, dropped passes, ST errors, untimely penalties, etc.

There is a path for the Raiders to beat us and I think it looks a lot like that 2020 week 5 matchup at Arrowhead. If Carr, Jacobs, Waller, Adams and Hollins can match our offense stride for stride and Crosby can keep Mahomes uncomfortable, they have a chance.

It is likely? Definitely not. Am I going to sit here and act like the Raiders don't have any talent? No.
I think the Raiders have plenty of talent. But so do a lot of the other teams that KC beats on a regular basis. It's a home game in primetime against a team/QB that Andy and Mahomes have dominated. If the Chiefs are dialed in and don't make a lot of mistakes, I think they win by 10+. If they aren't on, the Raiders have a chance. But you can say that about almost any NFL game.
[Reply]
Toad 01:54 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Waller isn't exactly dropping easy passes, he just didn't hold onto a couple of difficult ones that he has made in the past. Hes still a threat.

Adams is arguably the best WR in the game right now but he will only go as far as Carr will go with him. Carr likes easy wide open targets and rarely makes the small tight window throws. Carrs longer ball accuracy has been complete crap this year going back to the last few games last year. They resemble punts more than throws when he goes deep.

Mack Hollins has been a quiet surprise

The Raiders success is dependent on the running game......including Carr needing to run for a first down 2-4 times during the game. (although he is prone to fumbling) Historically he rarely runs but he certainly did it well last week so maybe hes turning a page.

Raiders red zone is trash and settle for far too many FG`s so far.

If KC gets on the board early, it will be a long day for the Raiders.

MNF, National TV.....in Arrowhead, I expect Carr to be terrified and implode.

Hope Im wrong :-)
I think you nailed it…
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:02 PM 10-06-2022

I mean, if you want to focus on that then go ahead, but they had:

21 1st downs to our 15
45% 3rd & 4th down conversion rate to our 33%
74 plays to our 54
60% red zone efficiency to our 33%
33:37 TOP to our 26:23

They were bullying us in the 1st half, there is no denying it. We were fortunate it was a close game going into half thanks to a few "fuck you" plays from Mahomes.

Then the scales started to tip in our favor after the INT and injuries along their OL.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:04 PM 10-06-2022
I think the Raiders have plenty of talent. But so do a lot of the other teams that KC beats on a regular basis. It's a home game in primetime against a team/QB that Andy and Mahomes have dominated. If the Chiefs are dialed in and don't make a lot of mistakes, I think they win by 10+. If they aren't on, the Raiders have a chance. But you can say that about almost any NFL game.
Then we mostly agree.

Like I said, you can see I only jumped in once that one dude said they had no one outside of Adams.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:23 PM 10-06-2022

21 1st downs to our 15
74 plays to our 54

They were bullying us in the 1st half, there is no denying it. We were fortunate it was a close game going into half thanks to a few "fuck you" plays from Mahomes.

Then the scales started to tip in our favor after the INT and injuries along their OL.
I already admitted they had a definite advantage in the first half, but we’re talking about the whole game. Not sure why you would focus more on the first half than the second. Seems backwards.

LAC converted 31% of 3rd downs. That doesn’t sound like bullying. And they went for it four times on 4th down and also punted six times. If you’re bullying, you’re probably not going to see 4th down 10 times in 12 drives.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:30 PM 10-06-2022

21 1st downs to our 15
74 plays to our 54

sounds like a game marty used to play against elway

MUH TOP!!!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:41 PM 10-06-2022
I already admitted they had a definite advantage in the first half, but we’re talking about the whole game. Not sure why you would focus more on the first half than the second. Seems backwards.

LAC converted 31% of 3rd downs. That doesn’t sound like bullying. And they went for it four times on 4th down and also punted six times. If you’re bullying, you’re probably not going to see 4th down 10 times in 12 drives.
I'm looking as a whole. When everyone was (near) full strength, they were creaming us, which you admit. The tide started to turn once we got a fluke INT return for a TD, they lost a couple OL and we hurt their QB.

We can't always rely on 99-yard INT returns, multiple offensive linemen going down and QBs getting roughed up to win games. But that's what happened that night. They were pushing us around, then they Chargered it up and weird shit started happening, which led to us winning.

If the roles were reversed and we lost that game after Thuney and Humphrey went down leading to a Mahomes rib injury, we'd be saying they got lucky.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Up