« First < 289101112 131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Raiders
TLO 09:01 PM 10-02-2022
Monday Night Football at Arrowhead.

Talk about it in here.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:13 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I'm sure you could see a difference in intensity and focus the other night vs the Colts game. It's the same intensity and focus we've seen in the playoffs.

They clearly overlooked the Colts. It happens.
I did. Do you anticipate that they will come out with that laser focus every week from now until potentially February?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:14 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I did. Do you anticipate that they will come out with that laser focus every week from now until potentially February?
Even if they don't, they can still win easily.

The Colts game would have been won had the offense played better, that is true.

But the outcome of the game would have likely still been a big win if we didn't have two mistakes on punt returns on the first two drives.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:15 PM 10-06-2022
The Chiefs weren't dominated by the Chargers. That shit is way overblown. They won the first half, but KC took over early in the second half and scored 20 straight to take a double digit lead. Then LAC tacked on a pretty meaningless score at the end. That's not getting dominated. Chargers averaged fewer yards per play.

Mike Williams was dominating early though, and it took Spags longer than it should have to address that.
They were bullying us up until that INT TD, which was a pretty fluky play (14-point swing), and then we hurt their QB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 10-06-2022
The ST errors had nothing to do with focus or underestimating the opponent.

Moore was unprepared for the sight lines in that dome and the kicker wasn't our actual kicker.

Pretty simple to see what happened and pretty easy to believe it won't happen again.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:17 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Even if they don't, they can still win easily.
And we can lose as well.

ST errors and stupid penalties aside, we only put up 17 points on a Colts defense without its best player.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:18 PM 10-06-2022
And we can lose as well.

ST errors and stupid penalties aside, we only put up 17 points on a Colts defense without its best player.
And we would have held them to probably 10 points without the ST's errors.

It's a team sport.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:31 PM 10-06-2022
Probably not every game. But they do have a lot of big games on the schedule, so we might see it fairly often.

Do you think they're going to lose every time they don't have that level of focus against a mediocre/weak opponent?
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:33 PM 10-06-2022
The only thing that I have found to be consistently true is that when it comes to the Chiefs, other teams seem to make every difficult catch or highlight worthy play when their opponent is the Chiefs. Or, get those ticky-tack penalties which sustain their drives and ruin Chiefs drives.

I was surprised that the zebras didn't try to keep the game closer last week...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:40 PM 10-06-2022
Probably not every game. But they do have a lot of big games on the schedule, so we might see it fairly often.

Do you think they're going to lose every time they don't have that level of focus against a mediocre/weak opponent?
Absolutely not.

I'm engaged in a lot of different arguments right now, but I initially jumped in because someone said the Raiders don't have anyone on offense they're worried about outside of Davante Adams. I think that is absurd. Even with Renfrow out, they've got Waller, Jacobs and Hollins. They have not lived up to their potential, obviously, but those are talented players.

And most Chiefs losses share those similarities: Pat under pressure, dropped passes, ST errors, untimely penalties, etc.

There is a path for the Raiders to beat us and I think it looks a lot like that 2020 week 5 matchup at Arrowhead. If Carr, Jacobs, Waller, Adams and Hollins can match our offense stride for stride and Crosby can keep Mahomes uncomfortable, they have a chance.

It is likely? Definitely not. Am I going to sit here and act like the Raiders don't have any talent? No.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:46 PM 10-06-2022
Does ANY team in the NFL come out with that 'laser focus' every week?

It's a long season. ALL teams have their ups and downs.

The difference with the Chiefs is they're good enough to beat most teams even if they're not on their A game.

But I consider the Colts games a fluke, due to the repeated ST errors in that game. You just can't expect or count on those things happening like that again. Because I can't remember another time that it ever has. And that's even with the offense having a 'down' game, by their standards.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:51 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Does ANY team in the NFL come out with that 'laser focus' every week?

It's a long season. ALL teams have their ups and downs.

The difference with the Chiefs is they're good enough to beat most teams even if they're not on their A game.

But I consider the Colts games a fluke, due to the repeated ST errors in that game. You just can't expect or count on those things happening like that again. Because I can't remember another time that it ever has. And that's even with the offense having a 'down' game, by their standards.
Yep.

That type of ST performance might not happen again EVER, let alone twice in one season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:53 PM 10-06-2022
As for not being scared of Waller, Renfrow, etc. just look at what the Chiefs defense has done through 4 weeks.

Adams is going to probably get 10 catches against this defense, they're getting in position but just getting outplayed for the ball.

But they've basically shut down everybody else beyond the teams' #1 WR. That's a big part of why the other weapons aren't "scary" although I'd be concerned about Waller.
[Reply]
oldman 12:54 PM 10-06-2022
The only thing I want to talk about is their defeat. I've hated those bastards since 1963.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:59 PM 10-06-2022
I stay liking those KC Chiefs
[Reply]
Lzen 01:01 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)
[Reply]
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Up