ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 72
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The race for the #1 seed in the AFC
BossChief 03:21 PM 11-06-2022
With Buffalo losing to NY today, if we beat Tennessee tonight we will be tied for 1st place in the AFC but Buffalo owns the head to head tiebreaker.

It’s going to be interesting to see the energy KC comes out with tonight.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:53 PM 12-30-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Most people refer to that as reality.
Stats can be misleading. The Chiefs often allow crappy teams to hang around until very late. The killer instinct isn't there from Reid's teams.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:54 PM 12-30-2022
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
You can play with statistics, but you know I'm right. They lacked killer instinct against the Colts, Broncos, Jaguars, Rams, Seahawks. Teams they should have blown out quicker. They had to come from behind to beat the Texans and Titans. They also spotted 10 points to the 49ers and 17 to the Raiders.

This offense plays much better when behind or in a close game. Some offenses are built to play with leads. This isn't one of them.
Um, to be precise, KC had a 17-point lead vs. JAX until late in the game, when Pat threw an INT and gave JAX a short field that allowed them to score a garbage time TD, but the game was over by that time. The Chiefs beat the Rams by 16, and SEA by two TDs.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:18 PM 12-30-2022
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Stats can be misleading. The Chiefs often allow crappy teams to hang around until very late. The killer instinct isn't there from Reid's teams.
This is a good KC team, but they’re not a super team. Why would you expect them to consistently beat teams by 30? They don’t have the defense, OL or receiving weapons to expect constant beatdowns.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:27 PM 12-30-2022
If the Bills beat Cincy on Monday night, does Andy rest starters in week 18?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:42 PM 12-30-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
No way. We needed a miracle in 2019 to get the 2 seed. He played he starters anyway.
[Reply]
MahomesIsTheMVP 12:54 AM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That wasn't Reid's fault. That was on Mahomes.

Reid called an RPO at the end where Mahomes probably should have handed it off!
Agreed.

The AFCCG is about 73% Mahomes fault. He plays his average game in the second half and the Chiefs win by 20pts.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:27 AM 12-31-2022
Why would you a) put the playoff bye week in peril and b) if KC wins Week 18, you have a bye to rest starters before Round 2?

.....what even is this question?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:13 AM 12-31-2022
That wasn't Reid's fault. That was on Mahomes.

Reid called an RPO at the end where Mahomes probably should have handed it off!
It's still on Reid by going by his philosophy of " there is a time and place for such things"

He should've kicked the FG the Chiefs had a 17 point lead.
[Reply]
Best22 03:35 AM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It's still on Reid by going by his philosophy of " there is a time and place for such things"

It would’ve only been a 14 point lead, but probably enough for us to win 27-24 at the buzzer
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:29 AM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

yes, but they allowed mahomes to take over the game

and that's what everyone here wants :-)

reid didn't blow shit
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:30 AM 12-31-2022
Are you assuming we lose to the Broncos on Sunday? If not, go look at the records and reconsider your question.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:32 AM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
Why would you a) put the playoff bye week in peril and b) if KC wins Week 18, you have a bye to rest starters before Round 2?

.....what even is this question?
KC only gets a bye if they win out and the Bills drop one. There is no longer a second bye. 1 seed or bust in regards to the bye.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:04 AM 12-31-2022
DUDE

The Bengals have played:

Mitch Trubisky
Cooper Rush
Joe Flacco
Teddy Bridgewater
Andy Dalton
Baker Mayfield
Kenny Pickett
Deshaun Watson
Mac Jones

That is a goddamn bunch of garbage QBs. And I gave you credit for JACOBY BRISSETT as a non-garbage QB :-)

Now you get credit for beating Mahomes, but you didn't really stop the Chiefs offense. We averaged 6.5 yards per play and only that fumble prevented a Chiefs win.

So you don't get the respect the Bills and Chiefs have earned to this point.

And that is why you are ranked lower.
I'm not gonna waste time arguing the merits of crappy QBs. It is what it is. You play who they put in front of you. yadda yadda yadda.

I think the Bengals still don't get the respect that the Chiefs and Bills do, because the Bengals have only been "doing it" since about the KC game last year through now. I see that narrative changing after this year, though the gap has been closing fast the last 6 weeks.

I don't agree with the excuses in the KC game and we can revisit this after the MN game.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:11 AM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yep, and then Higgins walks, probably Boyd, and in the meantime, they haven't invested enough in their OL. They'd better get that fixed this offseason as Burrow's not as elusive as Mahomes and Allen.

I've been saying-we're a year ahead of the curve cap-wise than The Bills and Bengals, and they haven't gotten a SB win on the rookie QB deal yet. This is their last chance with that built in advantage. Well, last chance for Buffalo. Bengals get one more shot before they have to pay Burrow.
The Bengals FO has already stated that the reason they finally sold the naming rights to the stadium was aimed at being able to keep Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Boyd. Even if they lose Higgins (probable) or Boyd (less likely), they have a long history of drafting WRs in the 2nd round, so that's 3-4 more years of rookie contract there.

They have work to do with navigating contracts when your QB gets a sack because they didn't do it quite so well after they paid Carson Palmer. Different time, different FO structure now so the hope is higher this time. FTR, there is no word i despise more than "hope" when it comes to my team.

Burrow is just as elusive as Mahomes and Allen but he's not quite as good running after leaving the pocket.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:18 AM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
#1 seed would give us tons of breathing room, for sure.

I would also love to see one of either the Bills or Bengals fall in the Wild Card Round. I think there is a decent possibility there, too, if the Wild Cards end up being the Ravens (with Lamar healthy), Chargers and Dolphins (with Tua healthy).
That's 3 big ifs though with playoff RB8 (sucks), Herbert (never in a playoff atmosphere) and Tua (may not play again this year).

Even if Tua plays, he's one hit away from being out of the game.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 72
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up