ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 47
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 01:46 PM 09-14-2022
So the Chargers were one of the worst defenses against the run last year. They also gave up 4.9 YPC last week to the Raiders who for some stupid reason only ran it 13 times while their QB got killed.

I think we should line up with multiple TE’s and fucking ram it down their throats a few times like this to set up play action just like how we started the game at Arizona.

This is great blocking across the board. Front side creates a wall. Gray and Valdez-Scantling maintain their reaches. Brown avoids the hold and gets the job done. McKinnon finds the cutback with ease. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/MUA3IIiY6s

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) September 14, 2022

Then get your screen game going
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:24 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So the Chargers were one of the worst defenses against the run last year. They also gave up 4.9 YPC last week to the Raiders who for some stupid reason only ran it 13 times while their QB got killed.

I think we should line up with multiple TE’s and fucking ram it down their throats a few times like this to set up play action just like how we started the game at Arizona.

Oof. Isaiah Simmons did not have a good day lol
[Reply]
BWillie 03:34 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I think we should line up with multiple TE’s and ****ing ram it down their throats a few times like this to set up play action just like how we started the game at Arizona.

Patrick Mahomes averages 8.1 yards per pass attempt. He completes over 66% of his passes. Why we would be happy with 4.9 ypc is beyond me. Pass every single time unless short yardage or goalline. Tell them before the game we are doing it even, it really wouldn't matter much.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:43 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Patrick Mahomes averages 8.1 yards per pass attempt. He completes over 66% of his passes. Why we would be happy with 4.9 ypc is beyond me. Pass every single time unless short yardage or goalline. Tell them before the game we are doing it even, it really wouldn't matter much.
Run game helps keep the defense a little more honest and sets up the QB for easier throws. Brady has benefited from that for 20+ years. If it's a good enough strategy for the guy with 7 rings, it's a good enough strategy for Mahomes as well.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:47 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Run game helps keep the defense a little more honest and sets up the QB for easier throws. Brady has benefited from that for 20+ years. If it's a good enough strategy for the guy with 7 rings, it's a good enough strategy for Mahomes as well.
It does but not to the point that you should ever sacrifice a down to run the ball. The benefit is negligible. Even if the other team KNEW you HAD to pass it on 1st or 2nd and 10 you would STILL average more yards per play than running the ball. By alot. Teams KNOW you are passing on 3rd and 6+ and they still can't really stop you effectively.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:04 PM 09-14-2022
It does but not to the point that you should ever sacrifice a down to run the ball. The benefit is negligible. Even if the other team KNEW you HAD to pass it on 1st or 2nd and 10 you would STILL average more yards per play than running the ball. By alot. Teams KNOW you are passing on 3rd and 6+ and they still can't really stop you effectively.
Chiefs averaged 4.7 ypc last week, thats chicken salad right there
[Reply]
DRM08 05:22 PM 09-14-2022
I like throwing it on 1st down to setup much shorter yardage on 2nd down. If you can get 7-8 yards on 1st down with a pass play, you don't need that great of a running game to pick up the next 1st down on your 2nd down & 3rd down (or even 4th down) rushing attempts from short yardage.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:29 PM 09-14-2022
I have a feeling this is going to be a lower scoring game.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:58 PM 09-14-2022
I’m actually excited to see us go for it more often on the Charger side of the field. Have to think we aren’t settling for field goals if it’s 4th and 6 or less and 45+ yards.

I almost think Charger fans would rather see a healthy Butker.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:10 PM 09-14-2022
if JC Jackson ends up playing some, Chiefs should go at him , make him work that ankle
[Reply]
staylor26 03:16 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
if JC Jackson ends up playing some, Chiefs should go at him , make him work that ankle
Yea, I'm kind of shocked it's even a possibility. Guys rarely come back from significant injuries on a short week. There's a reason for that.
[Reply]
I_Bolt_WhenWeLose 03:44 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, I'm kind of shocked it's even a possibility. Guys rarely come back from significant injuries on a short week. There's a reason for that.
Its because its not really an injury. He had a tiny bone removed that was bothering him. The only "injury" is the wound they opened to remove that additional bone. A wound heal is a lot faster than a ligament/bone healing.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:55 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by boltfanseattle:
Its because its not really an injury. He had a tiny bone removed that was bothering him. The only "injury" is the wound they opened to remove that additional bone. A wound heal is a lot faster than a ligament/bone healing.
Are you confident he can play?
[Reply]
I_Bolt_WhenWeLose 04:24 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Are you confident he can play?
I think he’ll give it a try. Probably won’t be 100% though
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:19 PM 09-14-2022
He was out 2-4 about a month ago, though. I got the sense then that they would probably sit him week 1 and try to target a week 2 return.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 47
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up