ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Does Kevin Kietzman deserve to be fired/forced to resign?
Yes 263 81.42%
No 32 9.91%
I have no idea 28 8.67%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll
Page 19 of 107
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does Kevin Kietzman deserve to be fired/forced to resign?
TLO 08:39 PM 06-24-2019
I'm not 100% on the KK news from today. But figured we'd start a thread to discuss this topic.

Sound off below. Also feel free to add in the KK tweets and such in here.

Thanks!
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 10:39 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Argh, why is KK still on the air!!? Can you believe what he said? He's such an idiot! I hate him so much!

Favorite hate tweets
Retweet hate tweets
RagePost on CP about him
Stay glued to 810 to see what other jocks are saying about his comments
Post about what other jocks are saying about KK
Clear your afternoon to tune in to 810 and hear what he's going to say next
Post about what he says next

:-)
The Chiefs have a partnership agreement with 810 (https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-e...ts-ra-19238011) that gives the station exclusive interview access with Mitch Holthus, Mahomes and others. My desire is that the chiefs sever that partnership and a remove the ability for this toxic dickweed KK to interact with chiefs players and staff, because he doesn't deserve it, with a potential end result being a step towards better sports media coverage in the city I love of the team I love. The size of the backlash against KK's comments on not only a local but national scale leads me to believe there's a chance for more to come out of this than just the "oh wow you idiots are just giving him more listens and publicity haha he wins" scenario that you have implied. Maybe, maybe not.

You and King and some others have been smugly insinuating this is just a witchhunt and that we don't really care about the effects of the comments on Reid's family, etc. I think that comes more from your own grudges against certain posters here and your own ego, which unfortunately tends to flavor the discussion in so many of these threads this spring and summer. You guys want to show how stupid the other posters are who you've bickered with in the past and your comments are aimed towards that type of snarky and petty contrarianism rather than discussion.

What I see, here and elsewhere, are chiefs fans lining up to protect and defend a beloved coach and person from a scumbag. But go ahead and chuckle to yourself about how we're all so hypocritical and whatever else bullshit makes you feel superior.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:39 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I worked in radio for a long time. Just remember that on air talent will say anything that the sales manager tells him to say. Whether reading on-air copy to personalize an advertisier's product (Oh I LOVE my Subaru from Olathe Subaru or I LOVE my new roof from Buck Roofing....blah blah blah) to tossing softball questions to Alex Smith while his station aligned with the Chiefs, or tossing softball questions to Buddy Bell when the Royals were on 810. It's all about dragging ears to advertisements. Radio personalities have NO Scruples at all. They're just there to get your ears in front of ads, and that's all the matters. Period.
The irony is his show probably had it's highest ratings today...
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:40 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
The character he plays on radio is working, and the RJW mob are his useful idiots.
Uhh no.

That's the danger you play with being a professional radio troll tool bag. You can incite hatred to get ratings all you want, but when you REALLY cross a line and piss EVERYBODY off, you don't deserve the protection of "It's freedom of speech!!!!!!!" anymore. Now you're fucking with the financial interests that support your shitty troll show, and that means you will need to take responsibility for your words for fucking once in your miserable little career.

At that point, it involves money. There will be people actively boycotting advertisers. The team may possibly pull its connections to 810. I doubt Mahomes willingly goes on the air with him anymore. You know Mitch Holthus is going to have to hash it out with him if he ever comes back on for a show. It's going to follow KK for a long time, and he should know that his words still have consequences, in the form of all the little subjects of his trolljob empire leaving.

In other words, when your job is to rile shit up, don't ****ing complain when you rile shit up too much and an entire city and national sports media start coming after you. You made that bed. Take some ****ing responsibility.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:40 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
oh well, as long as the Chiefs pull their relations with him.
KK has destroyed himself with this.
:-) Nothing is going to happen.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:40 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Don't know for sure, but I sincerely doubt it. I can't imagine Reid or the Chiefs are going to get down in the muck with this shit, at least right now.
If they're as sick of the local media shitting all over them as most of us are, it is the perfect chance for them to splatter one of the worst offenders.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:41 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
The irony is his show probably had it's highest ratings today...
He comes on at two. It'll be interesting to see how he tap dances around to try to save his ass. BTW: does anybody know if this is a sweeps week?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:42 AM 06-25-2019
As has been said, let 810 do what they will do, but the Chiefs pull all support from the station. Cut off Mahomes going on their station every week as well as Holthus. Yank their press credentials and press box passes. Tell them they get it back when KK isn't affiliated with 810 any longer.
Some of you folks have dual personalities.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:42 AM 06-25-2019
Don't know for sure, but I sincerely doubt it. I can't imagine Reid or the Chiefs are going to get down in the muck with this shit, at least right now.
Exactly. They don't have to. A true leader certainly wouldn't need to respond negatively, name-call, and/or get into the muck on Twitter. Reid is a leader of men, not a child.
[Reply]
notorious 10:43 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
He comes on at two. It'll be interesting to see how he tap dances around to try to save his ass. BTW: does anybody know if this is a sweeps week?
And ratings go up.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:45 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
If they're as sick of the local media shitting all over them as most of us are, it is the perfect chance for them to splatter one of the worst offenders.
The Chiefs are a superbowl favorite and one of the most successful franchises in the NFL currently. Setup for the future all due to Andy Reid.

The local media, instead of being somewhat satisfied... has gone out of it's way to try and sink the ship for ratings.

[Reply]
allen_kcCard 10:46 AM 06-25-2019
How in the world do they know what button I press in my car to tune the radio? KK definitely prompts me to tune to 610 more than anyone else, but I don't know how those sort of numbers would ever really be known other than from people that are part of the sweeps and either self report it or are setup with some sort of a tracking system as to what they listen to.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:50 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
It was in poor taste.

I notice nobody is disputing the accuracy of his statement though. Andy has had issues with team discipline, and his house was a goddamn drug den.

The chiefs organization should act in a way they see fit. They can cut any relationship with him if they think it's warranted. The rest of you, if you are so ****ing concerned, should just stop listening to the show. I don't listen to it. Hasn't hurt me in any way.

I heard the audio. He wasn't talking about his son's suicide, but you can't separate 'Andy was a neglectful father' with the end result of Garrett's life so it ended up muddied in there.

It's a taboo topic, has nothing to do with Tyreek Hill's situation, but it's also true.
How 'bout you just not say "Andy was a neglectful father" at all?

How many NFL coaches do you think are good husbands/fathers/sons? Any of them? That job will chew you up and spit you out. You look at a guy like Spurrier, who got a sniff of what that job demanded and immediately quit, then you realize how impossible it is to maintain 'work/life balance' as an NFL head coach.

None of these guys are likely living healthy lifestyles away from the football field. What in the actual fuck does that have to do with ANYTHING? It's immaterial. The best coaches in football, even if you don't think they're Andy Reid, almost certainly have dicked up home lives. And across all sports, really. Tony LaRussa's first children/wife don't talk to him. Do you think it's because he was a candy-ass? Because that dude was harder than a coffin nail.

What you do with your family has no bearing whatsoever on what you do with your football team. Kietzman has no concept of that because Kietzman has no concept of anything. He's just a mindless, sanctimonious blowhard.

The problem here isn't accuracy one way or the other - it's baseline relevance. And if there's no relevance, it's just a local radio hack taking shots at a man's family. It's ridiculous.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 10:53 AM 06-25-2019
We can't have our Christmas dinner without the Bumpuse's dogs stealing the turkey
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:09 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
How in the world do they know what button I press in my car to tune the radio? KK definitely prompts me to tune to 610 more than anyone else, but I don't know how those sort of numbers would ever really be known other than from people that are part of the sweeps and either self report it or are setup with some sort of a tracking system as to what they listen to.
They don’t. They know app usage, podcasts, and what is self-reported through Neilson or whatever.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:16 AM 06-25-2019
Want some real fun, if the Chiefs pull everything they will somehow turn it into "we're the little guy, independently owned being screwed over by big business" and then I guarantee you they'll start spitting some narrative about how their punishment is worse than Hill's etc etc
[Reply]
Page 19 of 107
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Up