ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 290 of 341
« First < 190240280286287288289290 291292293294300340 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 08:04 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Ive never messed with one.
A Sheriff friend of mine had one for a 10/22 IIRC?
Had lots of problems with it cycling.
Got one for my AK. There must be a fairly steep learning curve for getting the feel for it, which I never found before running out of the ammo I had with me. Plus, I was out in the boonies shooting with my redneck cousins, who were clearly amused by my inability to effectively use it. All in all it made for a very annoying day. Never used it again. :-)
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:32 PM 03-25-2021
Lol
[Reply]
ghak99 08:36 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Got one for my AK. There must be a fairly steep learning curve for getting the feel for it, which I never found before running out of the ammo I had with me. Plus, I was out in the boonies shooting with my redneck cousins, who were clearly amused by my inability to effectively use it. All in all it made for a very annoying day. Never used it again. :-)
I watched a few trained shooters really struggle with one only to be "showed up" by a young paintballer who ran it out like a champ. He gave them guys so much shit I couldn't help but try it out. This was for an AR, but you definitely had to learn to flow with the gun instead of trying to control it. After playing with it for a while, I could see why the paintballer could run it out so easily because if you held the gun like a double rocker paint ball trigger the AR almost floated in your hands just like they do.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:42 PM 03-25-2021
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...oat-hooks/amp/

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/03/aut...ing-a-drawing/

Believe me. They now have warrents and have executed raids on the homes of those that purchased the Wall Hanger.

The Auto Card raids will be along shortly.

If you have a friend running his mouth about purchasing either of these products.. You need to let him know. :-), dont cut the card. You haven't broken any law if its in card form. And if said friend purchased the Wall Hanger?
He needs to talk to lawyer.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:56 PM 03-25-2021

Believe me. They now have warrents and have executed raids on the homes of those that purchased the Wall Hanger.

If you have a friend running his mouth about purchasing either of these products.. You need to let him know. :-), dont cut the card. You haven't broken any law if its in card form. And if said friend purchased the Wall Hanger?
I don't have either and have always been suspicious of buying these novelty items meant to one up the ATF. I was just wondering if there was something online about em other than hearsay on /k/.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:14 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I watched a few trained shooters really struggle with one only to be "showed up" by a young paintballer who ran it out like a champ. He gave them guys so much shit I couldn't help but try it out. This was for an AR, but you definitely had to learn to flow with the gun instead of trying to control it. After playing with it for a while, I could see why the paintballer could run it out so easily because if you held the gun like a double rocker paint ball trigger the AR almost floated in your hands just like they do.
The thing is, where I live there's literally nowhere I can go to practice; I basically have to leave the state, which for me means going back to Missouri. None of the ranges or clubs I go to in the area allow automatic weapons, and anything that sounds like an automatic weapon, whether legal or not, will draw instant, unwanted attention. While Illinois isn't as bad as places like Kalifornia or New York, they ain't exactly gun friendly, so range owners don't want to deal with the bullshit. Can't say I blame them.

Perhaps I was a magazine or two away from figuring it out; I did get it to work a little. But alas, I'll never know.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:50 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The thing is, where I live there's literally nowhere I can go to practice; I basically have to leave the state, which for me means going back to Missouri. None of the ranges or clubs I go to in the area allow automatic weapons, and anything that sounds like an automatic weapon, whether legal or not, will draw instant, unwanted attention. While Illinois isn't as bad as places like Kalifornia or New York, they ain't exactly gun friendly, so range owners don't want to deal with the bullshit. Can't say I blame them.

Perhaps I was a magazine or two away from figuring it out; I did get it to work a little. But alas, I'll never know.
I'd go insane.

You can make the ground shake pretty hard here and no one gets too worked up about it. Most just assume the sounds are a sonic boom from a training run and have no clue someone wanted to scatter a beaver damn all over the county. The occasional Kali transplant normally gets set straight by the Sheriff on their first call or two and even they learn to deal with someone dumping a mag or 10.:-)
[Reply]
ghak99 10:56 PM 03-25-2021

I really don't pay much attention to these things anymore, but it's been hard to miss the "fuel filters" being advertised all over the damn internet. People have to know leaving a paper trail on these "one step away from ATF NOPE" deals is just asking for a strange knock on the door to see if you took that step.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:11 PM 04-01-2021
Educational
head space, light primer strikes, head space separation, fire forming brass.

https://youtu.be/7wzNYln1mxY
[Reply]
srvy 08:29 PM 04-01-2021
Educational
head space, light primer strikes, head space separation, fire forming brass.

https://youtu.be/7wzNYln1mxY
That dude likes Ruger No 1 rifles so in my book he is AOK. Very informative video on headspace. I subscribed to his channel.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:43 AM 04-02-2021
Just stopped by the local gun shop for shits and giggles. It's no better. All they had were some obscure shotgun shells and 300 black out. :-)
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 10:33 AM 04-04-2021
I just stumbled across the fact that CZ is based in KCK. Very cool! Looking and looking for a Scorpion to buy to plink around with. Anyone got a hookup there?:-)
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:51 AM 04-04-2021
After taxes you're looking at or above,a buck a round here.
At those pricess, Im wondering if thier is a nitch for opening a business that will load custom ammo for any specific rifle you may own?
UPS dropped off a 100 count of Barns 50gr Varmint Grenades. I payed 28.00
I payed 30 bucks for a pound of H4895 and can get on average. 250 reloads in 223 out of 1 pound.
That adds up to right around 40 cents a round. And I can adjust bullet depth to whatever works best for whatever rifle Im reloading for. You cant get that from the major ammo suppliers.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:56 PM 04-04-2021
After taxes you're looking at or above,a buck a round here.
At those pricess, Im wondering if thier is a nitch for opening a business that will load custom ammo for any specific rifle you may own?
UPS dropped off a 100 count of Barns 50gr Varmint Grenades. I payed 28.00
I payed 30 bucks for a pound of H4895 and can get on average. 250 reloads in 223 out of 1 pound.
That adds up to right around 40 cents a round. And I can adjust bullet depth to whatever works best for whatever rifle Im reloading for. You cant get that from the major ammo suppliers.
On the business end of that thing insurance is going to be a problem. Load misfires and hurts someone it’s going to take some serious coverage.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:28 PM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
I just stumbled across the fact that CZ is based in KCK. Very cool! Looking and looking for a Scorpion to buy to plink around with. Anyone got a hookup there?:-)
They just bought what was left of Colt.
I have come to the assumption that most powder, primer and bullet makers like Hornady are now located in the Midwest. That's a very very good thing.
[Reply]
Page 290 of 341
« First < 190240280286287288289290 291292293294300340 > Last »
Up