ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 251 of 341
« First < 151201241247248249250251 252253254255261301 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 06:06 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
FWIW there are some 500-650 AR-15s again. Palmetto has standard ARs for 550. Other places, like Classic Firearms have ARs with rails and some basic accessories for the 600 range.

They’re not Daniel Defense but they’re ARs for not a ton of money.

Maybe things are mellowing. Or if you’re wanting one...
Depends on what happens tomorrow. If things go bad, I fear the following days/weeks/months could make the Sandy Hook scare look like a buyer's market.
[Reply]
R Clark 06:10 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Depends on what happens tomorrow. If things go bad, I fear the following days/weeks/months could make the Sandy Hook scare look like a buyer's market.
Yeah and that’s some scary shit
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:11 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
thanks for the info, so do you have a ballpark idea on what they run during normal time’s not the inflated prices we got going on now
Last time I checked on a LMT (that's the gun I've been wanting for awhile now) they were about $2000+, IIRC, about 2 years ago. DD's will be about the same. That's brand new. You might be able to find a used one or "new/old stock" for maybe $1600-$1800?

Never saw either a DD or a LMT under $1500. But I don't check on them constantly; just around my birthday or X-Mas.
[Reply]
R Clark 06:19 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Last time I checked on a LMT (that's the gun I've been wanting for awhile now) they were about $2000+, IIRC, about 2 years ago. DD's will be about the same. That's brand new. You might be able to find a used one or "new/old stock" for maybe $1600-$1800?

Never saw either a DD or a LMT under $1500. But I don't check on them constantly; just around my birthday or X-Mas.
Damn I’ll half to stash a lot more cash than I realized for one, I’ve got a dpms that I’ve never shot I read somewhere that it was on the lower end? Not the quality that your talking with the lmp or dd.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:33 PM 11-02-2020
My hunch is that Biden will win and the already insane gun market will get even crazier.

That’s why I finally broke down and bought my handgun Saturday.

Now, ammo for it is another matter.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:54 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Damn I’ll half to stash a lot more cash than I realized for one, I’ve got a dpms that I’ve never shot I read somewhere that it was on the lower end? Not the quality that your talking with the lmp or dd.
DPMS isn't a bad manufacturer. They're mass production guns, and within that 'niche' they are decent weapons. They just aren't built to the military specs of something like a DD or LMT. DPMS is kind of "entry-level," so to speak. Doesn't mean bad though. Just not as beefy, and the fit-and-finish isn't nearly on the same level.

But if you really want one, LMT, DD, Wilson Combat, etc., are all great weapons. And they'll last several lifetimes.
[Reply]
loce1959 07:08 PM 11-02-2020
Just bought a DPMS a couple of months ago. Not in the elite range but seems to shoot well and is accurate. Beginning to reload. Gathering supplies has been difficult as 80% of bullets and brass our out of stock. Primers are almost non-existent. Cost almost 400 dollars for 1000 small rifle and 1000 small handgun.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:14 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by loce1959:
Cost almost 400 dollars for 1000 small rifle and 1000 small handgun.
Are you telling us that just 2,000 primers cost nearly $400?

That's complete robbery.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:52 PM 11-02-2020
DPMS isn't a bad manufacturer. They're mass production guns, and within that 'niche' they are decent weapons. They just aren't built to the military specs of something like a DD or LMT. DPMS is kind of "entry-level," so to speak. Doesn't mean bad though. Just not as beefy, and the fit-and-finish isn't nearly on the same level.

But if you really want one, LMT, DD, Wilson Combat, etc., are all great weapons. And they'll last several lifetimes.

Yeah the gun I was ranting about in the above posts is a DPMS that I just had rebored. It is a shooting SOB right now, but now impressed how it came out of the factory.

Between you, me and the fence post, if my life was on the line and the thing I needed to kill was 250 yards or less, I would be reaching for one of my AK's anyway. Those things never jam.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:59 PM 11-02-2020
My first AR was a DMPS. Had it for 10 years now, never had any problems with it. It's now part of two different rifles; I have the lower on my scoped rifle, and the upper and original barrel on the red dot rifle. It was easier to switch the lowers than remount the peripheral hardware.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:07 PM 11-02-2020
My first AR was a DMPS. Had it for 10 years now, never had any problems with it. It's now part of two different rifles; I have the lower on my scoped rifle, and the upper and original barrel on the red dot rifle. It was easier to switch the lowers than remount the peripheral hardware.

Yeah my gunsmith loves them. It's just luck of the draw that I got one with issues, that had to be taken care of.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:07 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yeah the gun I was ranting about in the above posts is a DPMS that I just had rebored. It is a shooting SOB right now, but now impressed how it came out of the factory.

Between you, me and the fence post, if my life was on the line and the thing I needed to kill was 250 yards or less, I would be reaching for one of my AK's anyway. Those things never jam.
Well, hell, now we have to shoot the fencepost just to be sure.:-)
[Reply]
Bwana 09:08 PM 11-02-2020
Well, hell, now we have to shoot the fencepost just to be sure.:-)

That's right, leave no witnesses. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 09:09 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yeah my gunsmith loves them. It's just luck of the draw that I got one with issues, that had to be taken care of.
One of the reasons I got the DPMS in the first place is because a gunsmith told me it was a favorite of local cops.

There's always going to be a few bad apples, though. Glad you finally got it fixed.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:12 PM 11-02-2020
One of the reasons I got the DPMS in the first place is because a gunsmith told me it was a favorite of local cops.

There's always going to be a few bad apples, though. Glad you finally got it fixed.

Yeah me too. I can't tell you how close that thing came to being tossed in the river, left to rust and returned to mother earth.
[Reply]
Page 251 of 341
« First < 151201241247248249250251 252253254255261301 > Last »
Up