ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 249 of 341
« First < 149199239245246247248249 250251252253259299 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Bowser 12:11 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I was just told my local Walmart pulled all the guns off display and all the ammo off the shelves this morning. It's a precautionary move as the election nears.

... youth season starts in 2 days. I hope everyone has the ammo they need.
Was going to hit Frontier Justice again this weekend to see if I could find some more .223 on the super cheap, but my hopes are low.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:15 AM 10-30-2020
I think at this point the music has stopped, and if you aren't already in a chair you're pretty much shit outta luck.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:21 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I think at this point the music has stopped, and if you aren't already in a chair you're pretty much shit outta luck.
True. Got lucky a few weeks back and snagged 1k rounds for ~$300 out there, just figured why not try and get lucky again.

BTW, my Radical Firearms AR came in, obviously. Love it. Need to get a red dot for it and I'm ready to roll (another reason I'm going to Frontier this weekend).
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:52 AM 10-30-2020
Didn't realize how crazy things were getting. I used to be able to stroll in to my local Academy on their shipment days and grab something most of the time. This morning people had arrived since open and waiting about an hour and a half after grabbing a number to get what was available. I think the line was 50+ deep. Hopefully this dies down after the election, although I doubt it with the way I expect the election to go. Maybe by the Spring things will normalize somewhat?
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:13 AM 10-30-2020
I was delayed for an 80 year old handgun yesterday. My guy said handguns have been an ongoing issue for six months now. Everybody getting delayed.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:29 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I saw an add for barrels of bulk 556 the other day and the whole shipment was gone in a matter of minutes. Barrels, not boxes or cases... BARRELS.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:46 PM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I saw an add for barrels of bulk 556 the other day and the whole shipment was gone in a matter of minutes. Barrels, not boxes or cases... BARRELS.
Would.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:37 PM 10-30-2020
There's still some .223 and 5.56 ammo out there but my word, it's expensive. $20 for a box of .223 shitty old steel steel, box of 20.

Side note, I finally go my long lost AR back today. The thing had jammed from day one. The guy I had do the work takes care of all the cops guns, Including SWAT and really knows his shit. He had tried about everything, including a good ultrasonic cleaning, replacing the gas rings, etc. He finally had to rebore the damn thing. I guess it was screwed up from day one out of the factory.

I ran 4 mags as fast as I could shot them (120 rounds) through it to get it good and hot, no issues. For the first time since I have owned this thing, it's reliable. I figured I would be looking at around $400.00 for all that. We share a lot in common, including friends and martial arts, so he gave me the super good guy deal, $50.00. That blew me away. I left him one of AK's to completely break down and give it a good ultrasonic cleaning.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 05:02 PM 10-30-2020
Just got me a Henery H009B 30-30 lever action with the brass receiver and hex barrel. What sucks is I only have 14 rounds and can't seem to find any 30-30 locally.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:13 PM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
Just got me a Henery H009B 30-30 lever action with the brass receiver and hex barrel. What sucks is I only have 14 rounds and can't seem to find any 30-30 locally.

I have always loved the 30-30 (Dad had one years and years ago, don't know whatever became of it, though). Winchester. Damned fine deer rifle.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:31 PM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
There's still some .223 and 5.56 ammo out there but my word, it's expensive. $20 for a box of .223 shitty old steel steel, box of 20.

Side note, I finally go my long lost AR back today. The thing had jammed from day one. The guy I had do the work takes care of all the cops guns, Including SWAT and really knows his shit. He had tried about everything, including a good ultrasonic cleaning, replacing the gas rings, etc. He finally had to rebore the damn thing. I guess it was screwed up from day one out of the factory.

I ran 4 mags as fast as I could shot them (120 rounds) through it to get it good and hot, no issues. For the first time since I have owned this thing, it's reliable. I figured I would be looking at around $400.00 for all that. We share a lot in common, including friends and martial arts, so he gave me the super good guy deal, $50.00. That blew me away. I left him one of AK's to completely break down and give it a good ultrasonic cleaning.
$50? That’s some home cooking.
Is ultrasonic cleaning effective? I left both my handguns off for cleaning last week and that’s what they use, didn’t know that was a thing before then. BTW, just getting those 2 cleaned will be $70. Apparently I don’t qualify for the Bawan discount.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:39 PM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
$50? That’s some home cooking.
Is ultrasonic cleaning effective? I left both my handguns off for cleaning last week and that’s what they use, didn’t know that was a thing before then. BTW, just getting those 2 cleaned will be $70. Apparently I don’t qualify for the Bawan discount.

Ultrasonic cleaning is VERY effective.

Yeah I was shocked the guy gave me that sweet of a deal. He spent a lot of hours on that project. When I go to get the AK, I'm probably pick him up a bottle of something as a bonus.
[Reply]
notorious 06:25 AM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Didn't realize how crazy things were getting. I used to be able to stroll in to my local Academy on their shipment days and grab something most of the time. This morning people had arrived since open and waiting about an hour and a half after grabbing a number to get what was available. I think the line was 50+ deep. Hopefully this dies down after the election, although I doubt it with the way I expect the election to go. Maybe by the Spring things will normalize somewhat?
Don’t buy into the fear, it will be fine.

Get your cash ready for $500 ARs again.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:05 AM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:

I sure hope they get down there again.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:02 AM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:

Depends on who wins the election. Trump - things will get back to normal. Biden - Better hope we will be able to purchase, the panic will be palatable. Damn I'm glad I stay stocked up..
[Reply]
Page 249 of 341
« First < 149199239245246247248249 250251252253259299 > Last »
Up