ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 244 of 341
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254294 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:59 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
WSJ.com

Franklin Resources Inc. made a big bet on gun maker Remington Outdoor Co. that cost its investors hundreds of millions of dollars. Now, a way out of the trade has drawn the investment manager into conflict with families of the Sandy Hook shooting victims.

Remington is being auctioned off in bankruptcy court this week after years of financial trouble that have already cost Franklin about $250 million in losses, according to people familiar with the matter. The auction would let Franklin get some money back for its investment clients.

But families who lost children in the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting said the auction is an attempt to derail their continuing lawsuit against Remington.

A group of the families alleges the gun maker marketed weapons like the Bushmaster AR-15 style gun used in the Sandy Hook shooting to youths. The group is seeking financial damages as well as a full accounting of Remington’s marketing strategy for Bushmaster. Remington has said its rifle is popular for hunting, self-defense and competitions and that the lawsuit threatens “to destroy an industry that makes lawful products whose possession and use the Constitution specifically protects.”

The bankruptcy auction, as proposed, would let the gun maker sell itself “free and clear,” meaning its new owners would have no obligation to the families, the group said.
Didn’t know about that. Thanks for posting.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:31 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
WSJ.com

Franklin Resources Inc. made a big bet on gun maker Remington Outdoor Co. that cost its investors hundreds of millions of dollars. Now, a way out of the trade has drawn the investment manager into conflict with families of the Sandy Hook shooting victims.

Remington is being auctioned off in bankruptcy court this week after years of financial trouble that have already cost Franklin about $250 million in losses, according to people familiar with the matter. The auction would let Franklin get some money back for its investment clients.

But families who lost children in the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting said the auction is an attempt to derail their continuing lawsuit against Remington.

A group of the families alleges the gun maker marketed weapons like the Bushmaster AR-15 style gun used in the Sandy Hook shooting to youths. The group is seeking financial damages as well as a full accounting of Remington’s marketing strategy for Bushmaster. Remington has said its rifle is popular for hunting, self-defense and competitions and that the lawsuit threatens “to destroy an industry that makes lawful products whose possession and use the Constitution specifically protects.”

The bankruptcy auction, as proposed, would let the gun maker sell itself “free and clear,” meaning its new owners would have no obligation to the families, the group said.
That is the dumbest goddamn thing ever. If I ran over a bunch of kids with my car, could their parents sue Ford? Jesus. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:34 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That is the dumbest goddamn thing ever. If I ran over a bunch of kids with my car, could their parents sue Ford? Jesus. :-)
Don't worry, Fraz, that's coming if things keep going the way they are.
[Reply]
KCTea 02:19 AM 09-28-2020
I swear I feel like PSA just beats me and my wallet to death with these daily sales...
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 05:08 AM 09-28-2020
Building a custom 6.5 Creedmoor Wilson Combat AR10. Putting a 20 inch fluted super sniper barrel and the upper/lower and hand rail will be OD green. Also just purchased a Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25x50 FFP scope for it. Man is that glass amazing!
[Reply]
notorious 07:14 AM 09-28-2020
There is no way I would wear over-ear heading protection. It’s hot as hell, and it screws up your cheek weld.

I had Etymotic hearing protection. $250 10 years ago. Worked wonderful, amplifies sound until you shoot and it cuts it out at that moment. I could hear steel clanking at 1000 yards to verify hits. I could also hear our dog walking in the grass behind me. Cool as hell.

Would buy them now, but they are way behind on charging tech. You have to have rechargeable earpieces if you want to compete today.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:15 AM 09-28-2020
Going to get my C&C finally if work let's up on me at all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:26 AM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
:-)

That's the one head scratcher that I have always found hilarious....what I mean is that when I joined the Army - we were issued ear plugs. Wearing them on the range was MANDATORY.

Got out of basic and AIT and left for Viet Nam (11B). Hit Tan Son Nhut Air Base and the FIRST thing we were told was to "lose the damned ear tampons".....

I was sitting around the house the other day and "attempted" to remember the approximate number of rounds I fired in combat - only a guess mind you. I figured somewhere in the range of 25,000 - 35,000 with a M16, a M14, a .45, a M60 and a few rounds with a M2. Not to mention a few rounds of AK...... :-)

Now I know why I have to look at my wife and say "huh?" often.... :-)
I blame the BB gun for giving me that same syndrome! It can't be anything else, I used to hear her just fine, THEN THE BB GUN SHOOTING STARTED!
[Reply]
vailpass 12:46 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
My BIL has some headphones that work nice. But it like amplified the sound of my breathing. That was kind of wired. But overall they really did a nice job of blocking the sound when the gun goes off.

I’m too cheap for that though. Here’s what I use.

https://www.amazon.com/R-3M-10080529...earsoft&sr=8-5

I leave them in most of the day when I’m spraying. I can hear the radio in the rig, talk on the phone. Whatever. Just takes the edge off the loud shit. Works for me.
The sprayer is that loud?
[Reply]
tatorhog 01:17 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk:
Building a custom 6.5 Creedmoor Wilson Combat AR10. Putting a 20 inch fluted super sniper barrel and the upper/lower and hand rail will be OD green. Also just purchased a Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25x50 FFP scope for it. Man is that glass amazing!
You have some disposable cash I see. lol

What is the life expectancy/round count on the barrel?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:28 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I blame the BB gun for giving me that same syndrome! It can't be anything else, I used to hear her just fine, THEN THE BB GUN SHOOTING STARTED!
When I was a kid - we would spend the Holidays (all of us) with our Grandparents on their farm. I was standing near the kitchen one afternoon and I heard my Mom call out to her dad. She called 2-3 more times. My Grandmother was baking at the time and she says - "That old man is as deaf as a stump".

My Mom says "Gee, I didn't realize he had gotten so bad". Grand mother looks at her and says "Oh, make no mistake about it - If someone is here in the kitchen and they fart or tell a joke, you'll hear him laughing his butt off".....He can hear just fine....

Sound familiar? :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:03 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
The sprayer is that loud?
Nah. It’s the transfer pump. Mine is a 13HP Honda on a 3” pump. And spending on the application I have to do it quite a bit sometimes. Plus I’m ALWAYS in a hurry so I just leave them in.

The one I had in 09 was loud enough, but certainly not bad enough to need protection
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 02:16 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
You have some disposable cash I see. lol

What is the life expectancy/round count on the barrel?
Wasn't able to find any info on that but I trust WC. It is actually quite cheaper building it myself then having them do it. Retail is roughly $3000 or so and im building it for around $1500. I've also been buying parts on sale over the course of 4 months. I'll never buy a completed AR ever again. Way cheaper to build yourself.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:22 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Nah. It’s the transfer pump. Mine is a 13HP Honda on a 3” pump. And spending on the application I have to do it quite a bit sometimes. Plus I’m ALWAYS in a hurry so I just leave them in.

The one I had in 09 was loud enough, but certainly not bad enough to need protection
Ah, got ya'. When I was in high school I used to help out a guy that kept 50 acres and some hogs at the edge of town. I'd disc his field and hold the piglets while he cut their balls out and walk his beans but that's about the extent of what I know about farm implements.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:01 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
When I was a kid - we would spend the Holidays (all of us) with our Grandparents on their farm. I was standing near the kitchen one afternoon and I heard my Mom call out to her dad. She called 2-3 more times. My Grandmother was baking at the time and she says - "That old man is as deaf as a stump".

My Mom says "Gee, I didn't realize he had gotten so bad". Grand mother looks at her and says "Oh, make no mistake about it - If someone is here in the kitchen and they fart or tell a joke, you'll hear him laughing his butt off".....He can hear just fine....

Sound familiar? :-)
That's exactly it... Yes, that's very familiar.
[Reply]
Page 244 of 341
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254294 > Last »
Up