ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 198 of 341
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208248298 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
luv 01:08 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Good job. Sounds like you're off to a good start.

Tracers are pretty much for entertainment purposes only. They don't even usually help you 'track your rounds' as the incendiary will often alter the trajectory of the round compared to the non-incendiary ones. In a handgun at typical handgun distances this may not be noticeable, but with rifles it probably will. Also most (maybe all, I don't remember anymore) tracer rounds are military surplus (old), so not all of them will actually leave a trail.

They are a lot of fun when they work though, so enjoy them if you got 'em.
Yeah. Boyfriend's uncle had us order from Kosher Surplus. We got a box of 50 for $35.99. As Frazod said, it was a little pricey, but I think it's worth it to have a little fun with. I still need to take that handling class. I'm still not confident enough to load it myself.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:15 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Yeah. Boyfriend's uncle had us order from Kosher Surplus. We got a box of 50 for $35.99. As Frazod said, it was a little pricey, but I think it's worth it to have a little fun with. I still need to take that handling class. I'm still not confident enough to load it myself.
:-)
[Reply]
tatorhog 01:15 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Arent you supposed to register it when its complete? if not im building a house and filling the studs with 80% guns. jk. or am I?

Why register it? Aside from the satisfaction of building one yourself, it seems like you are negating the purpose of going the 80% route when the same (or less) money can be spent on one that has a serial number.

Don't fill the walls, just buy some 8" schedule 40 with end caps and a bunch of silica packs. lol
[Reply]
bdj23 01:25 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by kepp:
Did you get a 80% lower or a stripped lower?

Do yourself a favor and get a small gunsmith kit that has rollpin punches. It makes the lower build way easier.
80%
[Reply]
srvy 02:30 PM 06-30-2020
These SPIKA are quality Gunsmithing roll pin punches, also wheeler is good and less expensive just I like the former.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/E...arkle_td_brand
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:45 PM 06-30-2020
If you build the 80 lower for yourself, you do not need a serial number, per federal law. If you ever sell it, transfer, or trade it that will require you getting a serial number and registering it.
[Reply]
Otter 04:42 PM 06-30-2020
I played around with a Mossberg 500 over the weekend. I can't imagine home defense gets much more efficient.

Just learn drywall patching and primer paints to cover up the aftermath. :-)
Attached: Capture1.JPG (58.1 KB) 
[Reply]
bdj23 04:54 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Someone please explain to me why so many people make these Frankenstein AR’s?

I know they’re all supposed to be made to the same specs, but isn’t there a chance you’re gonna get parts that are off each other by just a hair when using 3-4 different makers?

Pretty sure I’d just want one machined by the same maker to ensure uniformity in such a finicky weapon
Mainly with me, it's boredom and I want to do something constructive and educational that will also flip the bird to the ATF.

We're likely about to go into lockdown mode again and I need to find something other than getting plastered drunk and online gambling.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:56 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Also, be careful with tracer rounds.. I had one get mixed into a bunch of loose .223 and i started one hell of a prairie grass fire. After all was said and done, nothing bad happened... but it sucked at the time.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:57 PM 06-30-2020
Hey all! Now that I’m a homeowner and expecting a son this October, I’ve been wanting to get back into gun ownership (target practice with Pops was one of my favorite childhood memories).

Anywho, I’ve been thinking about a shotgun that my wife would be able to handle and one that could shoot less than lethal rounds. I’d want my wife to be just as confident as I am around it in case she ever did need to arm herself for any reason. I grew up shooting a 62 Winchester rifle with my Dad, so I know this would be a lot different - so I’d also be curious about how easy it would be to go to a range for practice with the type of shotgun I’m looking for - anywho.

I’d also like a safe that would be “teenage son” proof in case he ever went poking around his parents bedroom. I know those are some lengthy requirements - but I thought this would be the thread to go to.

Thanks in advance!
[Reply]
srvy 06:18 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Hey all! Now that I’m a homeowner and expecting a son this October, I’ve been wanting to get back into gun ownership (target practice with Pops was one of my favorite childhood memories).

Anywho, I’ve been thinking about a shotgun that my wife would be able to handle and one that could shoot less than lethal rounds. I’d want my wife to be just as confident as I am around it in case she ever did need to arm herself for any reason. I grew up shooting a 62 Winchester rifle with my Dad, so I know this would be a lot different - so I’d also be curious about how easy it would be to go to a range for practice with the type of shotgun I’m looking for - anywho.

I’d also like a safe that would be “teenage son” proof in case he ever went poking around his parent's bedroom. I know those are some lengthy requirements - but I thought this would be the thread to go to.

Thanks in advance!
Would you consider you and your family are less important that a prowler in your home who wouldn't think twice to take yours and your family? Get a squirt gun or pepper spray.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:26 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Would you consider you and your family are less important that a prowler in your home who wouldn't think twice to take yours and your family? Get a squirt gun or pepper spray.
You misunderstood me. Just asking for something that can shoot something less than lethal, my dude. First 38’s I ever shot had wax bullets and would like to start out with something like that with my son.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:35 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

I’d also like a safe that would be “teenage son” proof in case he ever went poking around his parents bedroom. I know those are some lengthy requirements - but I thought this would be the thread to go to.

Thanks in advance!
They make some pretty cool little .410 shotguns. They’d for sure be less than lethal. They’d be good for the kid to start with in a few years. I’d probably do a 20 gauge. Whatever she’s comfortable with. Dads got one I started with as a kid and it’s a nice lightweight smooth shooting gun. 20 gauge is a good little shell.

Real talk though. If you are are looking for a home defense weapon, I’d think you want lethal. If someone gets hit by a non-lethal round they can still get a weapon and kill you to get away. You damn sure want to know what you’re pulling the trigger on, but if you’re going to shoot someone, do it. Don’t half ass if you’re to the point that you’re going to shoot someone.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:40 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Real talk though. If you are are looking for a home defense weapon, I’d think you want lethal. If someone gets hit by a non-lethal round they can still get a weapon and kill you to get away. You damn sure want to know what you’re pulling the trigger on, but if you’re going to shoot someone, do it. Don’t half ass if you’re to the point that you’re going to shoot someone.
Do you know of something that could pack lethal and non-lethal rounds? I should have made that clearer in my description (sorry for that srvy). Finances are always a bit tight being teachers so I'd love to find that "goldilocks" shotgun but understand if that's not really feasible with what I'm looking/needing to purchase.

Definitely not against anything with lethal rounds, but would love to have something that could handle less than lethal rounds that could allow my wife and son to get started.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:42 PM 06-30-2020
Mossberg Maverick 88
[Reply]
Page 198 of 341
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208248298 > Last »
Up