ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 304
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
The Lounge>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.


Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?



Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:30 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
A buddy who is DPD told me about the feud between Kimber and DPD over broken pistol parts and +P ammo, resulting in a policy ban of Kimbers for DPD. Additionally several other friends who work for various agencies across the state have told me about personal issues with Kimber customer support...just not worth the headache
I've seen a couple of them fail spectacularly at the range. Seems like there are a lot of lemons out there now. While I'm sure a good gunsmith could clear up any issues, a gun that expensive with that brand name should run correctly out of the box, and a lot of them just don't.
[Reply]
Munson 09:33 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Another one you might consider if you're looking for a 1911 chambered in 9mm is the Springfield EMP. One of my buddies has one and loves it. Goes for around $1,000. 3" barrel, 9+1 capacity. I've kicked around getting one for a long time, but no more guns this year was my trade off for going to the AFC Championship Game.

I love my EMP. It's my favorite handgun by far.

But keep in mind it's not a true 1911, and won't take 1911 mags or parts.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:33 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Meh, I think a 1911 chambered in anything other than .45 is silly....I have always been a .40/9mm fanboy...I'm just falling in love with the .45
I'll usually either carry either my CZ 75 compact or Glock 19 when I'm in the city - I like the more bullets part. But for around the neighborhood, where I'm not concerned with running into terrorists or rioting mobs, the C3 is just fine.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:35 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I've seen a couple of them fail spectacularly at the range. Seems like there are a lot of lemons out there now. While I'm sure a good gunsmith could clear up any issues, a gun that expensive with that brand name should run correctly out of the box, and a lot of them just don't.
Yeah if I can own a Glock at almost half the price of a Kimber that has zero issues...talk about quality control issues
[Reply]
Frazod 09:38 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Yeah if I can own a Glock at almost half the price of a Kimber that has zero issues...talk about quality control issues
I know several people who shoot competitively and spend big money on guns - like $2,000 and up. Sometimes way up. They generally go with STIs. I don't know anybody who runs Kimbers.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:39 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'll usually either carry either my CZ 75 compact or Glock 19 when I'm in the city - I like the more bullets part. But for around the neighborhood, where I'm not concerned with running into terrorists or rioting mobs, the C3 is just fine.
Yeah. I don't blame you..In Chicago I would totally agree. My personal philosophy is if 14 rounds can't get me out of a hairy situation (off duty) I am in the wrong
[Reply]
Frazod 09:41 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Yeah. I don't blame you..In Chicago I would totally agree. My personal philosophy is if 14 rounds can't get me out of a hairy situation (off duty) I am in the wrong
What's your duty weapon?
[Reply]
mac459 09:43 PM 05-14-2019
They are fairly cheap but I have had good luck with RIA. I bought a GI version to just “have” one, and that fucker shoots good. Straight from the box that thing was a good pistol to shoot, and over the years I have slowly upgraded it some. It’s actually a pistol I carry almost full time in the winter, when I have a little more clothes to help cover a full size 1911. The gun has never failed me, never gave me any trouble, it’s been an all around good pistol.

That being said I also have a R1 Enhanced from Remington, and I fucking love that pistol even more. I was able to score it for $300 from some guy who didn’t know he had a $700 pistol, that his dad left him.

Whatever you end up with, make sure the loading ramp is polished. It will help with making sure it loads. Most guys who bitch about 1911 don’t have a polished ramp and try to run hollow points and it doesn’t work since they were originally designed for FMJ.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:45 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
What's your duty weapon?
Sig P226
[Reply]
Frazod 09:46 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Sig P226
Nice. Is that department wide, or your personal choice?
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:50 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:
They are fairly cheap but I have had good luck with RIA. I bought a GI version to just ďhaveĒ one, and that ****er shoots good. Straight from the box that thing was a good pistol to shoot, and over the years I have slowly upgraded it some. Itís actually a pistol I carry almost full time in the winter, when I have a little more clothes to help cover a full size 1911. The gun has never failed me, never gave me any trouble, itís been an all around good pistol.

That being said I also have a R1 Enhanced from Remington, and I ****ing love that pistol even more. I was able to score it for $300 from some guy who didnít know he had a $700 pistol, that his dad left him.

Whatever you end up with, make sure the loading ramp is polished. It will help with making sure it loads. Most guys who bitch about 1911 donít have a polished ramp and try to run hollow points and it doesnít work since they were originally designed for FMJ.

Nice! I have been considering this one pretty heavily.


https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...grip+black+par


[Reply]
DenverChief 09:51 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Nice. Is that department wide, or your personal choice?
Department issue. If I had my choice I'd carry a Glock 19 or 23
[Reply]
mac459 09:54 PM 05-14-2019
I don’t think you would have any problems with that one. Reading the description of it, it sounds like a good one.

You will definitely have to let us know what you finally get.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:58 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Department issue. If I had my choice I'd carry a Glock 19 or 23
I don't think Chicago has type restrictions - most of the cops I see downtown carry Glocks, but some have Sigs or other models that I can't identify based on seeing the grip sticking out of a holster in passing. Hell, I've even seen a few that still carry revolvers.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:02 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I don't think Chicago has type restrictions - most of the cops I see downtown carry Glocks, but some have Sigs or other models that I can't identify based on seeing the grip sticking out of a holster in passing. Hell, I've even seen a few that still carry revolvers.
Most departments that don't issue have a list of manufacturers and calibers that are acceptable. I have never been a wheel gun fan, but you can't deny they will ALWAYS go boom. But capacity and reloading time have always been a deterrent for me.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 304
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Up