ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 286
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
TrickyNicky 11:52 AM 02-05-2014
^^^ Blackfish. Its like a real life Free Willy. So heartwarming and uplifting.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:59 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by TrickyNicky:
Blackfish is excellent. If we're talking about documentaries, Food Inc. The Parking Lot movie was pretty good too. The most disturbing documentary I've ever seen is "Deliver us from evil" about a sociopath pedophile priest.

If we're talking about movies. Flight is excellent. Safety Not Guaranteed was one of the most underrated movies from last year. Drive is excellent if you can handle violence. And the Man From Nowhere is terrific if you like violence but with subtitles. If you want a truly fucked up movie with subtitles, Oldboy. Young Adult is pretty good too.

For more comedy stuff... The premise gets old a little fast, but I thought Jay Baruchel was pretty hilarious in The Trotsky... at least for the first 45 minutes. I also enjoyed "Sleepwalk with Me" staring Mike Birbiglia
[Reply]
Pablo 02:01 PM 02-05-2014
Watch 'Hoop Dreams' if you're in the mood for a stellar basketball documentary.

'Undefeated' is a really good high school football documentary I watched last week.
[Reply]
NewChief 02:05 PM 02-05-2014
Watched Ender's Game. I was underwhelmed by it. I love the book, but the movie just didn't go into Ender's development enough for my taste. It felt like a Reader's Digest version (which I realize that most movie adaptations are that, but this one just felt rushed).
[Reply]
Rausch 02:12 PM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Oblivion sucked. Looked great and had me intrigued but the reveal was weak.
This. I hated it.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:12 PM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by TrickyNicky:
Jimmy Pardo was surprisingly worked up about this in the last NNF.

Some of the reasons here.

http://timzimmermann.com/2013/11/01/...ing-a-slander/
[Reply]
Rausch 02:14 PM 02-05-2014
Watched Elysium last night and really liked it.

Damon wasn't a do-good'er out to save the world. Just a guy hard on his luck who had to make some hard choices and grew along the way...
[Reply]
jiveturkey 02:22 PM 02-05-2014
Watched Prisoners this past weekend.

The acting was superb but the who and why seemed like a weird reach. I guess that there have been plenty of abduction stories so they have to get creative.

3 out of 5 stars on the Netflix-o-meter.
[Reply]
Ceej 02:30 PM 02-05-2014
I've seen Blackfish and Undefeated. Great minds think alike.

The fiancée had a snow day also. We're about to watch Captain Phillips.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:55 PM 02-05-2014
Tonight's feature presentation to start out - maybe a double feature night with the weather outside...

[Reply]
In58men 09:14 PM 02-05-2014
Going to start Saving Mr. Banks soon....
[Reply]
Pablo 04:29 PM 02-06-2014
Watched 'Somm' on Netflix. Very intense and in depth look at what it takes to pass the Master Sommelier exam.

I'm no wine or spirits buff; but you get a good sense that the guys that achieve this title most definitely know their shit. And they aren't bullshitting when they say they taste decaying lilac, or river rock or some such crazy flavor. Worth watching if you're remotely interested in wine.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:37 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Watched 'Somm' on Netflix. Very intense and in depth look at what it takes to pass the Master Sommelier exam.

I'm no wine or spirits buff; but you get a good sense that the guys that achieve this title most definitely know their shit. And they aren't bullshitting when they say they taste decaying lilac, or river rock or some such crazy flavor. Worth watching if you're remotely interested in wine.
Thanks! Mrs. FMB! and I have been reading a "train your taste buds" book for wine, and it's really remarkable what you can actually start to pick up by really focusing on what you're drinking. I'm nowhere near being able to figure out what decaying lilac tastes like, but I'm capable of telling whether or not something was oak aged now and pick out some of the subtler fruits, which is something I don't think I could have done before. It's fun stuff!
[Reply]
Pablo 04:40 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Thanks! Mrs. FMB! and I have been reading a "train your taste buds" book for wine, and it's really remarkable what you can actually start to pick up by really focusing on what you're drinking. I'm nowhere near being able to figure out what decaying lilac tastes like, but I'm capable of telling whether or not something was oak aged now and pick out some of the subtler fruits, which is something I don't think I could have done before. It's fun stuff!
Yeah, I'm heading to the store here in a bit to pick up a bottle of wine and see if I can pick out some of the flavor profiles. It's worth a shot. Maybe it's something I'll enjoy doing. I've never been a serious wine drinker, but I'll give it a go.

Guarantee you all will enjoy the documentary. It runs about 90 minutes.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 04:59 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I liked both.
I thought they were both great.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 286
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up