ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 511 of 929
« First < 11411461501507508509510511 512513514515521561611 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:12 PM 02-20-2021

$CCIV “A deal for the electric vehicle maker could be announced on Tuesday, two of the people said.”https://t.co/19kCuiI961 pic.twitter.com/joYFCfNTvk

— Alex Cutler (@alexcutler247) February 20, 2021

[Reply]
lewdog 04:53 PM 02-20-2021
This riskiest play I'll make this week may be LEAF. Earnings are Feb 25th and let me tell you, I don't like holding through earnings if I'm trading. I may spec play this and buy Monday but sell 50% of my positions before market close on the 25th. I could then let 50% of the position ride through earnings just in case. Upside here is hopefully 20-30% in short duration.

Weird things happen around earnings. A recent was PTON that surged 10% the day of earnings. Earnings were released after market close and the stock sunk 12% after hours even though the earnings report was good!

For longer plays, BABA continues to trade in a well defined channel, hopefully breakout coming. It's VERY undervalued. EXAS is a long term play as well and I really like what they offer.
[Reply]
scho63 06:12 PM 02-20-2021
Old market saying: "Buy on the rumor and sell on the fact".
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:27 PM 02-20-2021
New market saying: "STONKS ONLY GO UP!"
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:27 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
This riskiest play I'll make this week may be LEAF. Earnings are Feb 25th and let me tell you, I don't like holding through earnings if I'm trading. I may spec play this and buy Monday but sell 50% of my positions before market close on the 25th. I could then let 50% of the position ride through earnings just in case. Upside here is hopefully 20-30% in short duration.

Weird things happen around earnings. A recent was PTON that surged 10% the day of earnings. Earnings were released after market close and the stock sunk 12% after hours even though the earnings report was good!

For longer plays, BABA continues to trade in a well defined channel, hopefully breakout coming. It's VERY undervalued. EXAS is a long term play as well and I really like what they offer.
RE: earnings. In grain it isn’t the actual report, it’s the report compared to the trades expectations. I anticipate your PTON experience is similar.
[Reply]
eDave 11:11 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Honestly, I have a low tolerance for bullshit. This makes me just want to save more money and pay cash for a house and give the finger to literally everyone, including my own savings accounts.

[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:16 AM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Old market saying: "Buy on the rumor and sell on the fact".
Maybe but that has not been the current market trend on the most hyped SPACS. The SPACS that could resemble CCIV that tumbled afterwards are NKLA and QS. Both of them hit their 52 week highs after the actually merger. Not the announcing of the DA. Both of those companies didn't have a working product ready for the public. Lucid cars will hit the road starting in April. Their battery tech is the best in the industry and their car is currently beating Tesla in most of the major categories.

So worst case scenario and the stock does go by the old saying "Buy the rumor sell the news". Which most investors would say is a very very risky way to invest. The actually news would be the merger date which we are very far from.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 01:58 AM 02-21-2021
$150 within a month.
Would be amazing. Definitely has the potential. QS hit 135 with no product. CCIV has hit 65 on rumors alone. No other SPAC has ever came even close to that. I try to be very conservative with my expectations but this stock is just been in another level.
[Reply]
neech 09:50 AM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
The house stood the test of time. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:16 AM 02-21-2021
$150 within a month.
FWIW when Cabela’s got bought out by Bass Pro my stock got a set price. It was a good price but it was set a long time before it was actually executed.

I don’t know how it works with a company that is publicly traded that’s doing the acquisition, but in any acquisition, you are literally buying the stock.

Like if I were to acquire you, your Hammock Shares wouldn’t just be renamed Buehler445 shares, Buehler445 gives Hammock shareholders cash for Hammock stock to go away. I think technically the shares transform into the physical assets on the balancesheet, and probably a shitload of market gain, goodwill and other accounting fuckery, but the bottom line is Hammock shares aren’t around anymore.

The important thing is that buying out the shares is the major function of the transaction. Therefore it is negotiated, most likely, early in the process. I’m sure there are bunch of different considerations, tools, treatments and all that accounting shit they can do, but the bottom line is they’ve already negotiated the selling price of the shares.

Now, when Cabela’s got taken over the buyout price for the shares was to some manner of degree (I don’t remember how much) higher than the trading price. But it also didn’t sustain a massive run up because STONKS.

Honestly, if it were me and you have a tidy profit in them I’d sell them. At least part of them. But you might be rewarded for holding. Who knows. But you’re carrying some risk.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:37 PM 02-21-2021
So several weeks ago we bought a different refrigerator. It ended up being a fucking fiasco of damaged products, returns, yelling at salesman trying to fuck us in the ass with a baseball bat, and most importantly, the wife angry at the salesman (but pointed at me, of course).

So this fridge was sold to us as NO INTEREST FOR 12 months. You know how they do. Well, as it turns out, they sign you up for a credit card which defers the interest for a year. Not the same, but whatever, no interest is no interest. So I made 2 payments while this fiasco was going on, but decided to say fuck it and pay it off. The little tiny bit of interest in my savings account - but most importantly the access to that money over the next 10 months (worth far more than the interest), just isn't worth it. I was so pissed off at those sisterfuckers that I'm done. So I transferred the money and forfeited my interest free balance.

Yay mathematically incorrect decisions!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:45 PM 02-21-2021
How expensive of a fridge did you fucking buy? :-)
[Reply]
ghak99 01:39 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So several weeks ago we bought a different refrigerator. It ended up being a fucking fiasco of damaged products, returns, yelling at salesman trying to fuck us in the ass with a baseball bat, and most importantly, the wife angry at the salesman (but pointed at me, of course).

So this fridge was sold to us as NO INTEREST FOR 12 months. You know how they do. Well, as it turns out, they sign you up for a credit card which defers the interest for a year. Not the same, but whatever, no interest is no interest. So I made 2 payments while this fiasco was going on, but decided to say fuck it and pay it off. The little tiny bit of interest in my savings account - but most importantly the access to that money over the next 10 months (worth far more than the interest), just isn't worth it. I was so pissed off at those sisterfuckers that I'm done. So I transferred the money and forfeited my interest free balance.

Yay mathematically incorrect decisions!
Sounds like fun!

Not being reminded of the clusterfuck when the bill came would be worth paying it off to me. If it's actually a credit card with delayed interest, I wonder what paying it off early does to a credit score?
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:35 PM 02-21-2021
How expensive of a fridge did you fucking buy? :-)
I totally 1800, but I had to sub it out for a more expensive model by the end of it all.

My problem is that all my appliances are White. And they barely make anything white anymore. Why because Fuck Buehler445. That’s why. So the fridge I had in my kitchen was an 11 going on 12 white LG (which literally everybody tells me are junk). So, during the summer my freezer shit the bed so I was looking hard to find one. And there was no white appliances in the countryside at all. Like none. So FFW to the end of the year found one in this outfit, no interest, year end sale all that shit so I thought WTF leverage no interest move the LG to the garage get the new one installed and if the LG shits the bed I won’t be out a fridge and be forced to buy some stainless piece off ass that won’t match my kitchen at all.

3 months, another $250, an angry wife, and a fiasco later, I finally have a fridge. Fucking Brilliant idea Buehler, fucking brilliant.

In other news, since this is an investing thread and all I’m investing in an appliance dolly and will be taking an empty pickup next time I need an appliance rather than lean on “professionals” to deliver/install. Would have paid for itself twice in this fiasco.

:-)

/rant
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:39 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Sounds like fun!

Not being reminded of the clusterfuck when the bill came would be worth paying it off to me. If it's actually a credit card with delayed interest, I wonder what paying it off early does to a credit score?
When I renewed my LOC they ran a credit check and it didn’t appear to move it so whatever.

But I figured out how they tag people. They keep track of “deferred interest” and if you still have any balance at all they hit you with the accrued interest, so it’s like you put the whole thing on the card for a year.

I decided I didn’t want to play that game.

The damn farm pays enough interest in sensitive to reducing interest expense
[Reply]
Page 511 of 929
« First < 11411461501507508509510511 512513514515521561611 > Last »
Up