ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>8/11/22 Training Camp Discussion.
Buehler445 02:20 AM 08-11-2022
Back at practice today.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:13 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Maybe that is the real reason he is out. He supposedly cut out red meat and pork from his diet. No mortal can just walk past a buffet of BBQ beef and pork and not pop at least one button on their pants by the time they are done gorging.
:-)

Made me think of what the conversation was like:

Frank: Hey Coach, it's BBQ day

Reid: I know it Frank, you excited!

Frank: Coach, I gave up red meat, don't know if I can pass on the temptation and I've been doing so well.

Reid: You know what Frank, you're good. Let's take a sick day today instead of one tomorrow after you went nuts on the BBQ if you were out here.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:14 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Each QB to play 1 QTR via Andy Reid
Excellent. Mahomes needs to shake off that 2nd half debacle before the regular season starts, and get on the same page with all the new guys.

I’m surprised other teams in similar situations are resting their starting QBs this week.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:19 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
^this^
I don't doubt that Moore was their favorite of the 3, but they were fine with any of the 3...
This is exactly what I'm trying to say.

I'm not saying it was Moore or bust at WR, I'm saying he was clearly the best fit of the 3, and I have no doubt he was the preference.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:19 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Excellent. Mahomes needs to shake off that 2nd half debacle before the regular season starts, and get on the same page with all the new guys.

I’m surprised other teams in similar situations are resting their starting QBs this week.
If the reports I saw yesterday about the conditions of the field in Chicago are half correct they should sit any player who it not projected to be a starter.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:21 AM 08-11-2022
I’m excited to see Bryan Cook on Saturday. Training camp is not the environment for players like him to shine. He’s a hard nosed tackler and hitter.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:22 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m excited to see Bryan Cook on Saturday. Training camp is not the environment for players like him to shine. He’s a hard nosed tackler and hitter.
I'm hoping this is it
[Reply]
staylor26 11:24 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
No.

It's more difficult to believe that we'd trade down 4 spots, 3 WRs would be taken in the interim, and then Skyy Moore would be there at 54 just as Veach had miraculously cooked up.

He can be a great and wonderful fit for the offense but that doesn't mean Veach wasn't just fine getting any of these other guys.
I'm not saying he wasn't, but I have no doubt that he'd take Skyy over those 2.

You guys act like we traded down 10-15 spots. It was 4 spots. That's really nothing.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:27 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Angle route. :-)
That's the one lol

It's lethal with a quick back, especially against most LBs running man coverage.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:30 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is exactly what I'm trying to say.

I'm not saying it was Moore or bust at WR, I'm saying he was clearly the best fit of the 3, and I have no doubt he was the preference.
yep, he brings a different style over the others. It's good to be a little lucky.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:37 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
yep, he brings a different style over the others. It's good to be a little lucky.
And I don't think it's a stretch to say they could get that lucky trading down just 4 spots. We're not exactly talking about a miracle here.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:47 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I sure hope Patrick can get out of his funk. Only a few TC practices left.

Has he been playing poorly in camp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
penguinz 11:50 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:

He is on the verge of losing the starting QB spot.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:50 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:

i think he's been inconsistent, which is to be expected with new receivers

i think he has an amazing connection with juju already though
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:54 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
He is on the verge of losing the starting QB spot.
Might be time to see what Henne looks like with the 1's.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:08 PM 08-11-2022

Patrick Mahomes on Isiah Pacheco: “He’s physically gifted. He’s a smart player. He practices really hard. When you’re big & fast & smart, usually good things happen. It’ll be good to see him now have to show off his vision, making those cuts & getting vertical.”

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) August 11, 2022

[Reply]
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up