ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign DT Danny Shelton
Dante84 02:00 PM 08-09-2022

Chiefs and veteran free-agent defensive tackle Danny Shelton have agreed to terms on a one-year contract, per his agents @DrewJRosenhaus and @RyanMatha. Shelton was most recently with the Giants.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 9, 2022

[Reply]
mabbott 11:40 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
Seriously, guys, does anyone doubt that Clayton will be ecstatic if we dominate this season, then win the Super Bowl? This "fan loyalty" pecking order shit is silly. So, Clayton's objective instincts make him fear we. won't be dominant. Does anyone doubt Clayton would be happy to be proved wrong?
To me, you can feel however you want to feel. It is another thing to state something that is objective when it isn't. It is subjective and goes against facts, statistics, etc.

To state that the Chiefs are going to be less explosive because we lost Tyreek and at the same time completely discounting all of the additions.

If he said "I am worried that we won't be as explosive" that is different than "we won't be"...

Every Chiefs fan is happy when we are successful... if not, then they are not a fan.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:52 AM 08-10-2022
There will most likely be less hero ball. This does not mean the offense will necessarily score less points. I expect a more EFFICIENT offense, and one that a simple two deep safety defense will not be able to stop.
[Reply]
oldman 12:40 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There will most likely be less hero ball. This does mean the offense will necessarily score less points. I expect a more EFFICIENT offense, and one that a simple two deep safety defense will not be able to stop.
I agree that we won't need the hero ball if we stick to our guns and play team football. So what if Juju/MVS/Hardman/Moore all only have 900 yards each? Would it be the worst possible outcome for our RB by committee averages 175 ground yards a game? The objective is to win, not pad someone's stats. I'd rather sit back and know a 2 TD lead is safe in the 4th quarter.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:10 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There will most likely be less hero ball. This does mean the offense will necessarily score less points. I expect a more EFFICIENT offense, and one that a simple two deep safety defense will not be able to stop.
efficient offense is code for "scores less"
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:27 PM 08-10-2022
Depth...the guy stunk last year.

Ranked 73rd in tackles and no higher than 53rd in any other category....a PFF grade of 44.6.

PFF isn't the end all be all...but it definitely can be used as a gauge to know if someone is terrible.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:34 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Hardly.

Less flashy, but more productive.

If it ain't, then it ain't more efficient.

If you go 75 yards on 10 plays because you converted three 3rd and 10s for 25 yards each, that's flashy as hell (and pretty efficient). Meanwhile if you go 75 yards via 7 plays of 10 yards and a TD from the 5, your 8 play, 75 yard drive was nowhere near as flashy as the one with three deep passes but definitely more efficient.

I'm not sure the offense will be more efficient, but efficiency IS the name of the game in the modern NFL and it's why I wanted no part of some 6 yard per target slug like Jarvis Landry in here.

I think the offense will probably be slightly less efficient because I just don't see high productivity on low volume from someone like JJSS - but I do think it can be less high variance. Good, bad or otherwise, it seems the most likely outcome to me. In either event, 'more efficient' don't mean 'less productive' and if that's the outcome, you're doing it wrong.

But Danny Shelton does kinda suck.
[Reply]
TEX 08-10-2022, 01:39 PM
This message has been deleted by TEX. Reason: Duplicate
TEX 01:39 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
Mike Pennel v.2

In limited action he could bring something to the table
Shelton is not very good though. :-)
[Reply]
JPH83 03:18 PM 08-10-2022
He's probably this year's Reed, a waste of space but I guess we need bodies.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:19 PM 08-10-2022
no, it's not.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:22 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Lol no one gives a single **** if Clay's happy or not, nor does his behavior have anything to do with "objective instinct".

Don't try to white knight the guy. This is the character he wants to be. People shitting on him is part of the process and is what he wants. You're not new enough here to not recognize this.
Sure but there absolutely is a competition to be the biggest optimist on here that often becomes a mad fury at people being pessimistic. Some people seem to take it incredibly personally and I've no idea why.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:25 PM 08-10-2022
gee, how will we possibly replace the...what...11.0 ypc that Hill had last year?

Opposing defenses basically turned him into a possession receiver. We were NOT explosive for most of the year, other than some short to intermediate passes that turned into big plays due to missed tackles (Like Kelce's against the Chargers).

The 2019 bombs away to Hill offense was not coming back.

If defenses sit in two deep all game long now, we have multiple ways to kill them.

I see an offense with the capability to beat a defense so many ways, there's just not a good way to play it IF we can execute.

There's no way in hell this won't be a top 5 scoring offense.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 03:32 PM 08-10-2022
I think there are times we need an efficient, ball-control offense. An efficient offense wouldn't have pissed away that Cinci game in the second half.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:16 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Lol no one gives a single fuck if Clay's happy or not, nor does his behavior have anything to do with "objective instinct".

Don't try to white knight the guy. This is the character he wants to be. People shitting on him is part of the process and is what he wants. You're not new enough here to not recognize this.
Very well said and you are correct. How in the hell can you be so pessimistic when A. It is training camp for God's sake B. We have not played anyone yet and C. Let's see how this team does/adjusts through the first 5 REGULAR season games before we start being "Debbie Downers" like Clayton right out the freaking gate!

I pray that this team is better than it ever was and goes through this seasons gauntlet victoriously - I, as a Chiefs fan, believe they will and am excited to see it. Chiefs are going to be fine :-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 06:33 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Outside of Jones our DTs are atrocious.
Jones is a pretty frothy jar of ass himself.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:43 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Jones is a pretty frothy jar of ass himself.
He's pretty fire when he wants to be. Outside of that he can be less than stellar.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up