ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign DT Danny Shelton
Dante84 02:00 PM 08-09-2022

Chiefs and veteran free-agent defensive tackle Danny Shelton have agreed to terms on a one-year contract, per his agents @DrewJRosenhaus and @RyanMatha. Shelton was most recently with the Giants.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 9, 2022

[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:44 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And for the most part our DL has been less than the sum of its parts. And that's being diplomatic.

At a point it's time to zag a little. But alas, I think everyone is right in that the ship has sailed there. Quinn's not happening. We bypassed some solid contributors at decent prices in FA. We're kinda picking through the discount racks at this point looking for older players who may have one last ride in them.

I mean I don't see a player on the interior (apart from Jones) who would have the impact Jarran Reed had even though Reed only really played worth a shit for about 5-6 weeks down the stretch. Otherwise he was just kinda...there. Wharton is a little like RNR was in that his splash plays have him overrated because they pop so well but he's also a dude that sure doesn't look built for the interior and oftentimes it shows when its time to do spade work. And you and I both like Nnadi quite a bit but man did he look fungible last year. Just wasn't much 'there' there, and there were some noticeably AWFUL snaps from him.

The DEs are likely to be somewhat improved but man we're putting a lot on Karlaftis's shoulders there. Okafor/Ingram are gonna be roughly on par with Dunlap, IMO. Different paths to getting there, but roughly similar contributions. Frank Clark ****ing Sucks. Danna is as JAG as they get. So Karlaftis and I guess Kaindoah are the paths to some real impact off the edge?

This isn't a situation where we were fine on the DL and treading water should work. That DL was shockingly awful for looooooong stretches last year. And I just worry that improvements in the margins aren't enough.
Yep. Before adding Dunlap and Shelton, this was one of the worst DL groups in the NFL. Now they may be closer to mediocre-ish. I still wish they had drafted Travis Jones instead of Bryan Cook.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:51 PM 08-09-2022
I agree on Cullen.

Daly was sub par as our DL coach. Nobody seemed to develop or excel under his coaching and everyone arguably regressed. Andy’s kid was a better DL coach and he wasn’t very good. That was a shame because we were all excited to get Daly….but his players showed up out of shape and unprepared for the years he coached the DL.

Cullen is an intense and detail oriented coach that I expect his players to give plus effort for. Watching “the franchise” showed his coaching up close and I’m a big fan of his style. He reminds me on a Dzl position coach version of Eric Bienemy. I think Cullennwas a superb hire.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:59 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Yeah, he will likely have a tough time making the roster.
Saunders isn’t really great at either pass rushing or run stopping.

Nice kid, just not a difference maker.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 05:12 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Saunders isn’t really great at either pass rushing or run stopping.

Nice kid, just not a difference maker.
Yeah, I pull for Saunders since he is local-ish (from STL) and seems like a good dude. I just don't think he has the talent to have much of a career in the NFL.
[Reply]
cabletech94 05:19 PM 08-09-2022
So where do I print these tickets?
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:20 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
So where do I print these tickets?
On the ship!
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:46 PM 08-09-2022
ok, signing some Dline depth... I dig that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:09 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Chiefs were far less explosive last year bc of cover 2. They simply adjusted their offense to became as explosive just in a different way.

To think they can’t do that this year is foolish
show me
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:10 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
show me
Your idiot brain couldn't comprehend it if he did.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:13 PM 08-09-2022
I like fat DTs
[Reply]
RunKC 06:19 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
show me

Patrick Mahomes passing zones and pass chart per Next Gen Stats . #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/5P3LCJk4Ua

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) January 24, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:20 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
ah yes

the tyreek impact
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:23 PM 08-09-2022
Shelton has been a disappointment everywhere he's been. Raiders passed on him today, and Shelton played for our DC last year.
[Reply]
TLO 06:31 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Shelton has been a disappointment everywhere he's been. Raiders passed on him today, and Shelton played for our DC last year.
He probably passed on the Raiders because he wanted to play for a winning franchise. :-)
[Reply]
Wilson8 06:46 PM 08-09-2022
This is a good signing for the Chiefs.

Chiefs current DTs are –
Chris Jones 6-6, 310
Matt Dickerson 6-5, 292 – Did not play in 2021 and 18 games in the prior 3 years.
Khalen Saunders 6-0, 324 – Played 12 games in 2019, 3 games in 2020 and 7 games in 2021
Derrick Nnadi 6-1, 317
Taylor Stallworth 6-2, 300 - He has missed four days of practice with a knee contusion
Tershawn Wharton 6-1, 280 – Undersized DT.

28-year old Danny Shelton is not great, but he has size (6-2, 345) and strength (32 BP) and he can take up space.
He has played in 100 games with 72 starts and has 276 tackles in 7 seasons.

I have seen others say this is a Mike Pennel signing. Hopefully we can use him on a rotational bases to keep him fresh.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up