ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Gundy resigns over reading a word
LoneWolf 12:11 PM 08-08-2022
https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rd-player-ipad

So now you can't even read a word someone else wrote without having to apologize and resign from the job you have been doing for decades? Complete bullshit.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:36 PM 08-08-2022
Riley Cooper ran so this guy could feebly crawl on all four limbs.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:37 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
wokelahoma, christ

america is ****ed
That's your first clue that there's more to this story. Not only is Oklahoma not "woke", they haven't fully embraced the 21st century yet.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:38 PM 08-08-2022
Sounds like Gundy is the only woke asshole.

"I said the word! The only honorable way out is seppuku!"

Did any players issue a public (or even private) complaint about it? Did administration force his hand? I don't see or hear anything about anybody saying he needed to leave.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:39 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
That's your first clue that there's more to this story. Not only is Oklahoma not "woke", they haven't fully embraced the 21st century yet.

Oklahoma education secretary blasts 'woke' school officials after revealing graphic library books https://t.co/ougk5AyklR

— Fox News (@FoxNews) July 29, 2022

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:40 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Sounds like Gundy is the only woke asshole.

"I said the word! The only honorable way out is seppuku!"

Did any players issue a public (or even private) complaint about it? Did administration force his hand? I don't see or hear anything about anybody saying he needed to leave.
Clearly parts of the story are missing, or the guy is an idiot, or he wanted to quit and this was an easy way out.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:42 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Clearly parts of the story are missing, or the guy is an idiot, or he wanted to quit and this was an easy way out.
Not sure either, but if I wanted to quit my job, I'd probably just... you know... submit a two-weeks' notice. That's way easier.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:43 PM 08-08-2022
If he wanted out so bad, why not just blame health or a family issue?

This seems unnecessarily problematic for him.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:44 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Only reasonable explanation for quitting is he already wanted to and this provided his out.
I suspect you're correct.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:45 PM 08-08-2022
I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that his brother already caught some backlash for wearing an OAN shirt, so maybe they wanted to get ahead of it, and he sacrificed himself for his brother?

Edit: didn't realize he was coaching for Oklahoma, not Oklahoma St.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:47 PM 08-08-2022
Seems extreme but if he embarrassed a kid in front of his teammates by reading something that he was typing which happened to contain the n word, I could see someone(s) creating an issue out of it.

Hopefully more is disclosed.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:52 PM 08-08-2022
The kids ipad that he took to read the texts was white.

[Reply]
dlphg9 12:54 PM 08-08-2022
Lots of pussies whining over a dude voluntarily retiring.

How you snowflakes surviving this heat?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:55 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Not sure either, but if I wanted to quit my job, I'd probably just... you know... submit a two-weeks' notice. That's way easier.
Yeah, but you aren't a Gundy.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:00 PM 08-08-2022
Ron BurGundy.

[Reply]
tredadda 01:02 PM 08-08-2022
In B4 inevitable trip to DC. I agree with most on here that this was probably his excuse to leave more than anything else.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up