ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What have you done with your CD collection?
mr. tegu 10:47 AM 08-07-2022
I’ve got a huge box of CDs I really don’t know what to do with. A few years back I took the time to put them on the computer so I have them digital now. But now they seem mostly worthless just taking up space. Have you thrown yours out? Keeping them for nostalgia? Are they worth anything? Better to just sit on them for any reason?
[Reply]
stevieray 06:38 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
My collection is a lot of classic rock (Aerosmith, Zeppelin, AcDc, GnR, Van Halen and the likes , Metallica and few here and there similar, Beatles, and some 90s.

Does anyone think this stuff will ever be collectible? Don’t really have their graphics appeal and uniqueness of record sound. Cassettes don’t seem like they’ll ever make it as collectibles.
you want to get rid of them?
[Reply]
scho63 06:39 PM 08-07-2022
I cashed in my CDs at the bank and invested in penny stocks.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:46 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
My collection is a lot of classic rock (Aerosmith, Zeppelin, AcDc, GnR, Van Halen and the likes , Metallica and few here and there similar, Beatles, and some 90s.

Does anyone think this stuff will ever be collectible? Don’t really have their graphics appeal and uniqueness of record sound. Cassettes don’t seem like they’ll ever make it as collectibles.
records are a hot commodity

Cd's are making a bit of a comeback

cassettes will never make it as collectables....as it says in the info for Boston-third stage....7 year old tape does not last.
[Reply]
backinblack 06:53 PM 08-07-2022
if I care about sound quality at all I’m not looking up a song on YouTube. That’s only good enough for your crappy laptop speakers lol.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:54 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Why don’t you just get Amazon music? You don’t have to rip anything, you can listen to whatever you want. And it’s like $8 a month. I love my Amazon music.
Because basically I'm becoming a stubborn old bastard with my music collection, lol. I'll get it all moved over to digital at some point soon. My car is newer, '17, and it still has a CD player. It would be a shame to let it go to waste. :-)

What I should really do is jump on the Spotify wagon as Bearcat described.
[Reply]
Spott 08:44 PM 08-07-2022
Burned them all to my laptop about 5 or 6 years ago and took them to goodwill. That laptop is now the only thing I have that will play CD’s. For some odd reason, I’ve managed to hold on to a Metallica Whipflash EP cassette tape although I haven’t had a cassette player in nearly 30 years.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:51 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
you want to get rid of them?

I really don’t know yet. Lots of ideas and thoughts here though. I’m pretty nostalgic and like to collect things in general so I’m inclined to keep them but I really don’t know on these yet.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:56 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Mine too. No VHS, but a fuckton of DVDs.
My DVDs and blurays are still prominently displayed upstairs. I have a couple of nice oak spinning racks in the living room, and the rest are on shelves in my den. I have several hundred of them.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 09:03 PM 08-07-2022
Wish I knew how to post a pic on here that isn't from the internet. Several years ago, I had a guy build me a custom bookcase that holds my DVD's, CD's, NES cartridges, and PSP stuff.

I generally use YouTube to listen to a song here and there if I get the hankering. But most usually if I want a trip back in time, I will grab the CD and listen to the entire thing. It kinda takes me back to the day. Long story short, I still use my CD's. :-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:08 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by backinblack:
if I care about sound quality at all I’m not looking up a song on YouTube. That’s only good enough for your crappy laptop speakers lol.
For real. I have Tidal and Spotify, and my car has Sirius/XM (cool story about that). I'll tell you all a bit later when I have time
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 09:09 PM 08-07-2022
Sold them at garage and yard sales these past few years...
[Reply]
Frazod 09:11 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
Burned them all to my laptop about 5 or 6 years ago and took them to goodwill. That laptop is now the only thing I have that will play CD’s. For some odd reason, I’ve managed to hold on to a Metallica Whipflash EP cassette tape although I haven’t had a cassette player in nearly 30 years.
I remember when I dropped the first stereo with a tape deck that I ever owned (an Alpine) into my '85 Cutlass. God, I thought that was the greatest thing ever. No car I owned prior to that had a tape deck. Driving cross country endlessly scanning for decent radio stations sucked.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:14 PM 08-07-2022
Tell me more about the cutlass. Do you have a pic
[Reply]
Frazod 09:19 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Tell me more about the cutlass. Do you have a pic
Probably somewhere, but I'm not going to dig one up tonight.

'85 Cutlass Supreme Coupe, burgandy. Pretty close to this, except it had wheels instead of hubcaps. Great car.

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:29 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
I actually just threw out the Metallica Live Shit Binge & Purge box set VHS tapes the other day (might still have the CDs somewhere, but thinking those got thrown out a while back with a couple books of CDs that were burned to PC long ago).

It's nostalgic and all, but haven't been able to play the VHS tapes in years, the full concert is available on youtube, and the box sets go for all of $30 on eBay.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up