ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Media Center>Non-woke media for people into non-woke tales
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:13 PM 06-28-2022
These days, there are billions of TV shows and movies, but every billion of them share a lot in common. Men are the enemy. Whites are the enemy. So combine the two worst characteristics, white and man, into one character and you have yourself a villain. Now just fill the story with diverse women and diverse people that were born withle that never can do wrong and that's everything everywhere.

But what if you don't like that sort of political agenda? What if that kinda annoys you? You might want an option to see something along the lines of your own sensibilities. To that end, here is the list:

#1) Alien. This is weird because it stars a woman, but it's great. It's the tops.

#2) Bull Durham. Also weirdly celebrated by feminists cause it had a strong woman character. Same actress actually.

#3) The Big Sleep. Starring Bogey and the best actress of all time, Lauren Bacall. Great stuff. Written by a Pulitzer Prize winner and Nobel Prize winner.

#4) To Have and Have Not. Written by that aforementioned PP and NP winner, but this one was adapted from the works of a person considered good, Ernest Hemingway.

#5) Bone Tomahawk. Kurt Russel in a western that is considered so stomach-turningly violent, most people won't even watch it.

#6) Star Trek 6, The Undiscovered Country. An example a super ultra woke film that was actually good. They didn't have diverse female characters ninja kicking white men at all.

#7) Das Boot. Best war movie ever made. It should be #1 but I'm too lazy to go back and edit. Zero women characters, so zero opportunity to have women characters jump kicking men. It worked.

#1) Atlas Shrugged, all 3 parts. Written by a woman, this is considered the most anti-woke material ever filmed. It's a breath of fresh air.
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:56 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I personally couldnt care less about a comic book or a comic book movie. I am possibly the foremost Faulkner scholar on the planet (and I mean Earth, not CP). No time for cartoons for me personally.

My concern is that little boys have no masculine heros like that. Turning every comic hero gay or female does the younger generation no favors, unless you want the country to die. And I think you do.

Here is a thought exercise. When was the last time you heard the word masculinity, WITHOUT the word toxic right before it?
You are the one who is grappling with their own manhood because of movies not me. It’s called being an adult. But some people are just wired to bitch about dumb reasons and justifications for why their lives are shitty. Couldn’t be me.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:23 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I miss the days when we used to relegate these threads into The Romper Room.
This thread was perfectly fine until a bunch of folks tried to derail it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:25 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Well isn’t this fucking ironic.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:27 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well isn’t this ****ing ironic.
A bad comparison. Quite.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 04:52 PM 08-08-2022
As mentioned earlier. This thread is just a political post using code words.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 05:17 PM 08-08-2022

Now. I told you I do think white heterosexual Christian males are under attack. The ball is on the tee. Take your swing!
Dude straight up said he is talking about movies that don't attack "white heterosexual Christian males" when talking about non woke movies.

If he titled the thread "movies that support white heterosexual Christian male world views" it would have been moved to dc so fast your head would spin.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:06 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
As mentioned earlier. This thread is just a political post using code words.
Your opinion doesn't equal reality.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 09:53 PM 08-08-2022
Your opinion doesn't equal reality.
You're the one that said the movies are proof of "us" being made to be second rate citizens. Or some none sense like that.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:19 PM 08-08-2022
You're the one that said the movies are proof of "us" being made to be second rate citizens. Or some none sense like that.
"None sense"

:-)
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 05:33 AM 08-09-2022
"None sense"

:-)
Ya caught me. I made a typo while i was on my phone. That means it completely negates my entire post.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:16 AM 08-09-2022
Dude straight up said he is talking about movies that don't attack "white heterosexual Christian males" when talking about non woke movies.

If he titled the thread "movies that support white heterosexual Christian male world views" it would have been moved to dc so fast your head would spin.
I said that as an aside, sir, not as some sinister hidden agenda of my OP that only the esteemed detective Chitown was able to sniff out. I feel no need to elaborate on all of that because as I said I consider it self evident. Nothing to debate about that stuff except the motivations behind one who would deny it.

Secondly, none of my list of non-woke tales, the OP, is about religion or race or demographics at all. That's what makes them non-woke. This isn't about which media is for "my kind", it's about media that isn't about a anyone's "kind" at all, but rather, it tells a poignant tale; a good story that entertains. It can have woke messages like Star Trek 6 and I'll be fine with it. The media itself just can't BE a woke message, as is the case with modern media.

I was, have been, and am here to talk about non-woke media, though. Both to share some good non-woke media I've come across as well as to hear recommendations from others. Sully made two excellent recommendations shortly up the thread. Have you any?
[Reply]
dmahurin 01:19 PM 08-09-2022
I personally couldnt care less about a comic book or a comic book movie. I am possibly the foremost Faulkner scholar on the planet (and I mean Earth, not CP). No time for cartoons for me personally.

My concern is that little boys have no masculine heros like that. Turning every comic hero gay or female does the younger generation no favors, unless you want the country to die. And I think you do.

Here is a thought exercise. When was the last time you heard the word masculinity, WITHOUT the word toxic right before it?
My favorite part of this post is the punctuation error you made.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:00 PM 08-09-2022
This is all about compensating for a small penis, isn't it.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:45 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is all about compensating for a small penis, isn't it.
I'm height-weight proportional, Mr. DaFace. The women say that's fine. Don't they? They usually say that. I've heard they say that!
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:50 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
My favorite part of this post is the punctuation error you made.
I know I make a lot of errors along those lines. I'm pretty sure the proper word is "heroes", not "heros" as I spelled it. But I'm always looking to improve my craft. Are you calling me out for not using apostrophes in the proper places (you said punctuation, not spelling)? I actually admit I get lazy about apostrophes but that's because I often type on my phone, and it's like 3 or 4 keystrokes to get an apostrophe properly placed.

I'm wondering why nobody has called me out on the most egregious error I made in this entire thread. I thought, at the time I made that OP, that the female lead in Alien and Bull Durham were the same actress. That's not true at all. They were Sigourney Weaver and Susan Sarandon, respectively. I'm more of a Sigourney fan but I admit I get those two confused all the time. That was such low hanging fruit!!!!

I also acknowledge that I often use commas when they are not needed. I admit I made that mistake in the last sentence of the quote of mine you quoted. One additional time before that as well. Beyond that, if you caught something I already hadn't, I actually do want to hear it.

ETA I looked up heroes vs. heros and I was right in that I was wrong originally:

Originally Posted by :
Heroes vs. Heros

Heroes is the plural form of hero. So if Bonnie Tyler were to need more than one hero (let's say two), then she'd call out, "I need two heroes!"

Heros is a genus of fish native to South America. I'm not sure if any Heros happen to be heroes, but they are definitely fish.

[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up