ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Non-woke media for people into non-woke tales
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:13 PM 06-28-2022
These days, there are billions of TV shows and movies, but every billion of them share a lot in common. Men are the enemy. Whites are the enemy. So combine the two worst characteristics, white and man, into one character and you have yourself a villain. Now just fill the story with diverse women and diverse people that were born withle that never can do wrong and that's everything everywhere.

But what if you don't like that sort of political agenda? What if that kinda annoys you? You might want an option to see something along the lines of your own sensibilities. To that end, here is the list:

#1) Alien. This is weird because it stars a woman, but it's great. It's the tops.

#2) Bull Durham. Also weirdly celebrated by feminists cause it had a strong woman character. Same actress actually.

#3) The Big Sleep. Starring Bogey and the best actress of all time, Lauren Bacall. Great stuff. Written by a Pulitzer Prize winner and Nobel Prize winner.

#4) To Have and Have Not. Written by that aforementioned PP and NP winner, but this one was adapted from the works of a person considered good, Ernest Hemingway.

#5) Bone Tomahawk. Kurt Russel in a western that is considered so stomach-turningly violent, most people won't even watch it.

#6) Star Trek 6, The Undiscovered Country. An example a super ultra woke film that was actually good. They didn't have diverse female characters ninja kicking white men at all.

#7) Das Boot. Best war movie ever made. It should be #1 but I'm too lazy to go back and edit. Zero women characters, so zero opportunity to have women characters jump kicking men. It worked.

#1) Atlas Shrugged, all 3 parts. Written by a woman, this is considered the most anti-woke material ever filmed. It's a breath of fresh air.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:34 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Life is like a hurricane here in Wokeburg
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes, it's a woke-blur!
Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history!

Non-WokeTales! Woo-oo!
Everyday they're out there making
Non-WokeTales! Woo-oo!
Tales of derring-do, bad and good
Luck Tales!

D-d-d danger lurks behind you
There's a Social Justice Warrior out to find you
What to do, just grab on to some...

Non-WokeTales! Woo-oo!
Everyday they're out there making
Non-WokeTales! Woo-oo!
Tales of derring-do, bad and good
Luck Tales!
Excellent work Mr. Tox. Now that I have my own theme song as written by the legendary Detoxing himself, a man that had more influence on my writing style than he knows, I move to have my undertitle changed from "starter" to "Go Vinnie".

All in favor?
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:04 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
You knew who I was referring to, A+ for that

You never read The Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged front to back. So D- on that. Did you know she took a low level job on a railroad before she wrote Atlas Shrugged just so she could write competently about railroad matters? That's ****ing method, man, you gotta give her that.
Did you know the committee of 300 covertly and intentionally pimped her nihilism to college curriculums? They did the same with Aldous Huxley...they like planting the seeds of discord early...

She is on record stating that world is run by 300 men....wonder where she got that crazy idea?
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:19 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Did you know the committee of 300 covertly and intentionally pimped her nihilism to college curriculums? They did the same with Aldous Huxley...they like planting the seeds of discord early...

She is on record stating that world is run by 300 men....wonder where she got that crazy idea?
Show me that record because I am so familiar with Ayn Rand that I could be her biographer.

Here is the thing about her and objectivism. It was never limited to a small circle of intellectuals. Well, it was, but who was in that small circle?

A young Alan Greenspan for one. That's just one. Her whole little clique went on to run the world. Rand Paul. Mitt Romney. I mean Rand Paul was named after Ayn. Her connection to Greenspan and the whole Clinton administration is a thing to consider, but as a supporter of their ideology, I'll just leave it there.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:34 PM 06-29-2022
Her whole little clique went on to run the world.
Like I said...groomed by them.

I dont have the reference handy but she absolutely said it....this was before I knew of the Committee of 300...and I though about what she said for awhile. "Who the fuck is she talking about"...
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:38 PM 06-29-2022
Blackop, Ayn Rand and Objectivism are considered far right wing. They dont teach that on any college campus. You will never even hear the name Ayn Rand on any accredited campus nationwide.

When I was in college, Oregon State University, they required bac core. Electives. I was there for an accounting degree but all students must take these bac core classes too. So i signed up for Philosophy 150 with a chip on my shoulder. The professor painted his fingernails black he was so pre-woke. This was liberal arts.

I asked the guy after class if we were gonna be assigned any Rand. He laughed in my face, the smug prick, and I dropped that class. I retook that bac core years later via independent study credits I earned by covering baseball and wrestling for the student newspaper.

Rand is not welcome on any college campus I assure you.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:40 PM 06-29-2022
[QUOTE=BlackOp;16352623]Like I said...groomed by them.

I dont have the reference handy but she absolutely said it....this was before I knew of the Committee of 300...and I though about what she said for awhile. "Who the **** is she talking

I dont doubt it. She was on the side of the good guys. The good guys had power for a few decades during which USA was the most prosperous nation in known history.

Now it is communism. Hope things go nearly as well under communisms as they did under Ayn's hand.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:25 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
She was a sellout that couldn't live up to her own standards for how the world should work. Now... I've read philosophers from all sides of the political and sociological spectrum but you are correct, I've not read Rand.

She died when I was very young and I learned about her the person. The person leads me to not want to read her books. If a person can't live up to their own philosophy... why waste the time?
Give it a shot. Pick up Anthem because it's a quick read. It's enjoyable and the novella format is quite good for her dry style.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07:11 PM 06-30-2022
I killed a squirrel today with a shovel. I think it was because I made that flippant remark about ground squirrels.

It was a mercy killing. My Australian Cattle Dog had it half dead out there. But what can you do with a half dead squirrel? Mercy killing was my only option.

I took no pleasure in it. Can JJ Abrams say the same?
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 09:48 PM 06-30-2022
I killed a squirrel today with a shovel. I think it was because I made that flippant remark about ground squirrels.

It was a mercy killing. My Australian Cattle Dog had it half dead out there. But what can you do with a half dead squirrel? Mercy killing was my only option.

I took no pleasure in it. Can JJ Abrams say the same?

You're a weird duck.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:19 AM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
You're a weird duck.
Sir, I went to Oregon State. The Ducks are the hated rivals. Pistols at noon!

If you thought that squirrel story was wild let me tell you about the time my dog was going nuts barking. I got up to see what the fuss was about and by god she had a skunk wounded out there. A skunk. Consider the implications!

So my first move was to get the dog back into the house. Then I threw a couple rocks at it to see if it would spray. It was alive, but I think it was rabid because it didnt spray.

Confident but still cautious, I approached the beast with a shovel.

BANG! (I played baseball in high school so I only needed 1 swing).

Then I buried it and felt bad about the whole ordeal, as soldiers often do after combat.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:34 PM 07-09-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
The person leads me to not want to read her books. If a person can't live up to their own philosophy... why waste the time?
Everyone is a hypocrite on some level. We all lose our temper. We will all eventually get depressed. We all make decisions we don't like due to money or responsibilities. We all make mistakes.

The writers aren't telling you they have achieved perfection and can now pass on their superior knowledge. They want you to think about something. They want to share something people generally don't think about.

Doctors gain weight. Businessmen go broke. Mothers use contraception. Failing to live up to your own goals doesn't invalidate your goals.

Or more simply you need to separate the art from the artist...
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 04:25 PM 07-09-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Everyone is a hypocrite on some level. We all lose our temper. We will all eventually get depressed. We all make decisions we don't like due to money or responsibilities. We all make mistakes.

The writers aren't telling you they have achieved perfection and can now pass on their superior knowledge. They want you to think about something. They want to share something people generally don't think about.

Doctors gain weight. Businessmen go broke. Mothers use contraception. Failing to live up to your own goals doesn't invalidate your goals.

Or more simply you need to separate the art from the artist...
Ignore him. He is a hypocrite himself.

Her books are interesting. Which is more than I can say for most post 1900 writers.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 01:32 PM 07-19-2022
I want to take one more stab at convincing Janx to read some Rand. The aforementioned recommendation of Anthem is a good call because it is vastly shorter than her better known works, but is known to have the same themes and be on the same high level as the later ones.

But ironically, that's her one book that I've never read! And when I was more into her stuff, I was reading her straight up philosophy books like "The Virtue of Selfishness". So I too need to check out that one.

What got me into her was the Fountainhead. The plot is there is this architect that is a true artist, he can envision buildings in his mind and bring them to life. What he will not do is compromise his vision. The second a boss says "good design, but it would be better with x y and z changes, and let's get Thompson to rethink the second level" or whatever, the main character basically quits on the spot. He holds to his values even if it means career suicide, because committee thinking (communism) only makes things shitty. He designs buildings that are considered crazy, things that would fall apart if actually attempted. But he has a small devoted following that loves his stuff and all his aggressive designs are actually quite sound.

Janx give it 3 chapters. If you cant root for and identify with the protaganist at all by then, okay it is not for you. But I think you will like him.

It's just simply a very compelling novel, in the hard to put down way. It isnt preachy like you might think. Rand was really good at 'show, don't tell.'
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:10 AM 07-20-2022
This may be the saddest, most pathetic thread I've seen in here

We're becoming a minority group, us middle aged white males. I know that's hard to understand after we've been on top for literally all of recorded Western history. And media, what it's become the last hundred years was run by us for us. And why? capitalism. Money dictates media and guess what...other people have it. Not just us

You don't like media? Sorry bud. We're not the target audience anymore

We're not being marginalized. Our voice isn't being suppressed. we simply aren't where the most revenue can be found. Not anymore.

The world has moved on, and if we don't stop crying like victims and asking for special treatment just because we're white dudes, it's gonna leave us behind. Because other people want different things, and there's just plain more of them. We had our day. It's over. We're not special and we're not entitled to anything. We built the world this way and it's silly to complain about it now. Don't like what's on TV or on the radio or on the internet? Turn it off. Find something else.

That's what people who aren't us have always done.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 02:29 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Find something else.

That's what people who aren't us have always done.
Good point. Perhaps I will do just that - find something else. I will seek out media and movies from various genres and time periods that are not vehicles for identity politics at all. I could make a thread to share some of my favorites, and call it "non-woke media for people into non-woke tales".
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up