ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 469
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
louie aguiar 03:10 PM 02-08-2022
I’m hoping that the games will be televised outside of just cable this year. It sucked not being able to watch them on YouTube tv last year.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:32 PM 02-08-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I’m hoping that the games will be televised outside of just cable this year. It sucked not being able to watch them on YouTube tv last year.
DirectTV Stream is the only one. Its $24 more than YouTube TV but you get the Royals, which if you look at its about a $1 for every Royals game. That's worth it for me.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 03:53 PM 02-08-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That's good. Maybe he won't suck ass this year.
Did he suck ass? Honest question. I have no idea. I thought he was pretty highly regarded.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 08:24 AM 02-09-2022
Keith Law's top 20 Royals prospects is at The Athletic. Most interesting ranking was who he put behind our top 4 (which all cracked his top 100 list). Nick Loftin. I really like his thinking that Loftin needs to be permanently shifted to CF to quicken his path to the big leagues. It's not like we have a ton of CF prospects in the pipeline.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 08:41 AM 02-09-2022
Also two more notable items from Law's write up. Eric Pena is not in his top 20 - says that bat speed might be his undoing. Also...a name that I haven't heard much about from the DSL. Junion Marin. Said that if he keeps his current trajectory, he's a dark horse to crack his top 100 next year. Here's what he said about him:

"Venezuelan outfielder Junior Marin has ridiculous power and his hard-hit rates were very high in the DSL last year, with exceptional strength for a 17-year-old; he hit a hilarious .380/.469/.696 there, leading the league in slugging, and could end up sneaking into full-season ball by the end of 2022."
[Reply]
TLO 09:50 AM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Someone posted a site last year I watched all the games on. It was top notch. Can't remember the name of it right now
[Reply]
PHOG 10:16 AM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
Someone posted a site last year I watched all the games on. It was top notch. Can't remember the name of it right now
I believe it was this, which worked flawlessly, but can't remember who shared it. Thanks again to whoever it was.

https://mlb66.ir/simulator
[Reply]
TLO 10:56 AM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I believe it was this, which worked flawlessly, but can't remember who shared it. Thanks again to whoever it was.

https://mlb66.ir/simulator
That's the one! Best streaming site I've ever used.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:22 AM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Did he suck ass? Honest question. I have no idea. I thought he was pretty highly regarded.
5.2 era in A ball. 22 years old. Nothing impressive except his arsenal and potential at this point. This year he needs to show he can actually PITCH.
[Reply]
blake5676 11:55 AM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
I really like his thinking that Loftin needs to be permanently shifted to CF to quicken his path to the big leagues. It's not like we have a ton of CF prospects in the pipeline.
This sounds like a plan to me. If they're not going to try Mondesi out in CF, which at this point I don't understand bc what really do we have to lose, let's start thinking about what follows after Michael Taylor.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 12:16 PM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
5.2 era in A ball. 22 years old. Nothing impressive except his arsenal and potential at this point. This year he needs to show he can actually PITCH.
Yeah, the control was the issue. He has a killer slider, curve, change combination and touches 100. Struck out over 13 batters per nine innings, BUT he walked a ton. He still gets ranked really high though based on the stuff he has. Several 'perts think control is something you can improve, but the stuff he has you can't teach.

"Like I said, despite all the command issues, there aren’t five pitchers in the minors with better stuff than he’s got. The control certainly needs improvement, but as soon as it does Lacy instantly becomes an option to get big league hitters out."

That's from Alex Duvall on royalsfarmreport.com. There's some video of him on the site (plus other Royal's prospects) if you care to watch some.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:47 PM 02-09-2022
I like Law's idea of moving Nick Loftin to CF full-time. Might as well get on with it and carve out some space for him.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02-09-2022, 12:52 PM
This message has been deleted by siberian khatru.
KChiefs1 02:30 PM 02-09-2022
#5: Nick Loftin, UTIL

B/T: R/R
Ht/Wt: 6′ 1″ 180′
Rule 5 Eligible: 2023
Acquired: 2020 MLB Draft, Round 1
2021 Stats (A+): .289/.373/.463/.837, 10 HR, 37 XBH, 11 SB, 10.2% BB%, 14.6% K%, 130 wRC+
Here’s a bit of where Nick Loftin ranked in certain categories among all High-A hitters age 22 and younger last summer:
– SwStr%: 1st
– LD%: 16th
– 2B: 14th
– BA: 6th
– OBP: 5th
– OPS: 9th
– wRC+: 5th
– K%: 3rd
– BB/K: 4th
– wOBA: 6th

All of this after the dude started his professional career going 9-47 (.191) through the first couple of weeks of the season after missing most of 2020 during the shutdown. From May 23rd through the end of the season, Loftin hit .304 with a 140 wRC+ and was legitimately one of the better players in all of Minor League Baseball. He runs the bases well, steals his fair share of bags, plays phenomenal defense at several different positions, refuses to strike out, walks his fair share, hits a bunch of doubles, and is just an all-around solid player that every system needs.

During the 2020 draft cycle Loftin drew a bunch of comps to Whit Merrifield for his offensive profile and defensive versatility. At the time, I wasn’t entirely sure how much I liked the comps because I think Whit and Loftin do different things well, but I’m on board with the comp now in terms of overall value. Both guys profile similarly on offense. They’ll both hit a ton of doubles, double digit home runs, and for a high average. The biggest difference between the two in my opinion is that Loftin has a much higher potential to draw some walks and probably (definitely) won’t ever lead the league in stolen bases. Defensively, I actually think Loftin is capable of handling SS, 2B, and 3B in the big leagues, where Whit is more limited to 2B and the corner outfield spots. So, again, I may have gotten a little too caught up in the specifics during the draft process, but I don’t hate the comp anymore as it relates to overall prospect value.

Speaking of overall prospect value, there aren’t a ton of prospects in MiLB with a safer floor than Loftin. Alex Verdugo hit just 13 HR, had a 107 wRC+, and rated pretty bad defensively last year in the big leagues and was still worth 2.0 fWAR. If Loftin proves to have value as a swiss army knife on defense and can just hit .280 with a respectable BB/K, he’ll easily be a productive every day big leaguer. I’m not suggesting that he will make any All-Star Games, but I think the chances that he’s a valuable piece on a playoff team are really, really good. There’s nothing the kid is really bad at which is half the battle to becoming a big leaguer in the first place. I know Loftin doesn’t have the same kind of upside as a guy like Alec Marsh or even Erick Pena, but the high floor will keep him locked into our top 5 Royals prospects for the foreseeable future. Loftin figures to start the season with AA Northwest Arkansas, and while I’m not certain there will be a place for him in the big leagues in 2022, I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see him really early on in 2023.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:49 PM 02-09-2022

Awful news to share: Jeremy Giambi, who played for six years in the major leagues, died today at 47, according to his agent, Joel Wolfe. Giambi played with his brother, Jason, in Oakland as well as in Kansas City, Philadelphia and Boston.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) February 9, 2022

[Reply]
louie aguiar 05:53 PM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Wow, that really sucks
[Reply]
Page 7 of 469
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up