ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Predator Reboot
Tribal Warfare 07:45 PM 11-21-2020

Director of the just announced #Predator reboot, Dan Trachtenberg, reveals he's been working on the project for four years!https://t.co/ItacWhliVb pic.twitter.com/LahwYTRTAx

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) November 21, 2020

#Prey will have a Comanche dub when it releases: https://t.co/tkuIvUZNmr

— The Illuminerdi (@The_Illuminerdi) July 22, 2022

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:15 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
You know which individuals use this type of response

Someone who is legitimately curious if we watched the same movie..

You're crying about the final showdown as if every single Predator movie ever made didn't involve an obviously outmatched human managing to beat a Pred in a 1v1 situation.

This time it's a problem because.. *checks notes*.. she's a girl. OK then!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:25 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Someone who is legitimately curious if we watched the same movie..

You're crying about the final showdown as if every single Predator movie ever made didn't involve an obviously outmatched human managing to beat a Pred in a 1v1 situation.

This time it's a problem because.. *checks notes*.. she's a girl. OK then!
That's a disingenuous statement, or you're part that of ilk who acts with a sense of superiority.

Ellen Ripley & Sarah Conner I had no problem with both hardened by their experience with their history which gave them knowledge and had help not pushing an agenda doing so with weaponry that could take it down.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:37 PM 08-06-2022
That's a disingenuous statement, or you're part that of ilk who acts with a sense of superiority.

Ellen Ripley & Sarah Conner I had no problem with both hardened by their experience with their history which gave them knowledge and had help not pushing an agenda doing so with weaponry that could take it down.

How is this chick any different?

She was hardened by her experience and used the knowledge she gained to beat the Predator with its own weaponry.

In case you didn't notice, she forced it to chop its own arm off with its shield, was going to spear it with its own combistick, and ultimately killed it with a shot from its own caster.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:55 PM 08-06-2022
How is this chick any different?

She was hardened by her experience and used the knowledge she gained to beat the Predator with its own weaponry.

In case you didn't notice, she forced it to chop its own arm off with its shield, was going to spear it with its own combistick, and ultimately killed it with a shot from its own caster.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 08-07-2022, 12:36 AM
This message has been deleted by staylor26.
staylor26 08-07-2022, 12:37 AM
This message has been deleted by staylor26. Reason: Fucking CP
staylor26 12:37 AM 08-07-2022
I had my doubts, but this was good as fuck. Main character was far from a Mary Sue.

The dog was awesome.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:00 AM 08-07-2022
Spoiler!

The orange plant was a plot device. Its effects were established early on in the movie. Twice in fact.

Just let it go.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 11:50 AM 08-07-2022
I enjoyed the movie.

If this is tripping your "woke-detector", your signal to noise ratio is too low.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:54 AM 08-07-2022
The orange plant was a plot device. Its effects were established early on in the movie. Twice in fact.

Just let it go.
Based on his response, I don't think he realized that the orange flower makes you invisible to the Pred. I'm guessing the version he was watching made her into Sue Storm? Not sure, but yeah, you may have been watching a different movie.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 12:46 PM 08-07-2022
The media center should be renamed the "bitching about wokeness center"
[Reply]
RunKC 02:34 PM 08-07-2022
Action scenes were fucking epic. Seeing the Predator destroy a bear was badass
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:30 PM 08-07-2022
The bear fight was definitely my favorite kill but it was closely followed by the net kill and when he hawked down the pretty boy in the open field and just slaughtered him in an explosion of blood.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:51 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
The media center should be renamed the "bitching about wokeness center"

Wokeness has become such a part of cinema that it's difficult to separate the two nowadays. And Hollywood no longer even tries to hide it most of the time. We're not just talking about artists sneaking in castle turrets shaped like dildos anymore.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:30 PM 08-07-2022
Pretty badass predator movie. Really enjoyed it. Ill probably watch it in the Comanche dub again
[Reply]
listopencil 06:33 AM 08-08-2022
Watched it, enjoyed it. Of course there was some cheesy unbelievable stuff in there but that goes with the territory. The entire franchise is a a bunch of mindless fun movies, and this one was lighter on the mindless and heavier on the fun. I don't know how else they could have squeaked out yet another sequel that would have been in any way interesting at all.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:07 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Action scenes were ****ing epic. Seeing the Predator destroy a bear was badass
Agreed. Best one since the orginal.

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Wokeness has become such a part of cinema that it's difficult to separate the two nowadays.
These days the studios are not making movies for middle aged white men. They are no longer the target audience. It's a business.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up