ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 2683
« First < 15556162636465 66676869751151655651065 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:59 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Hey dude, you're the Mahomo with his junk piled in yours. And the dude hasn't played a single snap yet. Tell me, what did he accomplish in wins that puts him on the level of Newton/Wilson/Luck/Winston???

You need to ease up on the hype, seriously.
There is not enough hype that can be displayed on how happy I am that we drafted Patrick Mahomes II and Alex Smith will be soon be out the door. Fuck Alex Smith he may linger on as a mentor if that's the role Andy asks of him or he could just go away.

Alex is already preparing to take the sidelines when Patrick takes over. He will be all about helping him like a goody two shoes he is.
[Reply]
rydogg58 11:02 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Do you realize how amazingly awesome this would be in his 1st full year as a starter? Are you even a ****ing fan of the chiefs? What the **** is the difference between 10 wins and 11 but get bounced week 1? I'll ****ing explain it to you since you clearly have no understanding of what is going on here..

10 wins and a team building for the future, who knows what the ceiling is vs 11 wins and getting bounced week one and everyone already knows the ceiling...

Please go the **** away and go back to wherever you came from...this is chiefs country now.
Exactly. If this kid came in and won 10 games his first year starting, I'm pretty sure that everyone would agree he's exceeded expectations. I would love it.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:05 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Exactly. If this kid came in and won 10 games his first year starting, I'm pretty sure that everyone would agree he's exceeded expectations. I would love it.
Which is why you would want him to get 2 years to polish his mechanics, learn the playbook, and pick at Alex's brain.

Took Brett Favre til his 4th year after being drafted to be a winner.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:11 AM 04-30-2017
Which is why you would want him to get 2 years to polish his mechanics, learn the playbook, and pick at Alex's brain.

Whether Patrick needs one year, two years, half a year, whatever, that's not what you care about. You just have an agenda for Alex.

You want to come up with every reason in the world as to why we should let Alex Smith run this offense for as long as possible, and it's absolutely insane.

15 TDs, 8 INTs.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:15 AM 04-30-2017
At least he became a winner.

Alex Smith, on the other hand, is the reason why 10th place ribbons even exist.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:16 AM 04-30-2017
All he does is win, Pugs. And he did it with mediocre offensive talent. You forgetting the days of 2-14?

2016 will be his best offensive roster with the addition of Kareem and now that he isn't throwing to 1st/2nd year players who are still learning how to run routes. Maclin is gonna step it up to stay on the roster. Kelce will be Kelce. Harris won't be in the game to drop half his targets.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:24 AM 04-30-2017
The team improved greatly during Alex's tenure, and he could not keep up/improve with it.

He just got worse.

Sandy and Tigger are losing their shit and it's absolutely glorious. The era of the True Fan is dead and gone.
Think about this:

Every offensive pick that Dorsey brings to the franchise is now geared toward one thing and one thing only:
Playing to the strengths of Mahomes.
Smith's career in KC is right where it should be; a lingering fart in the wind.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:26 AM 04-30-2017
Chip Kelly on importance of QB hand size: “Huge. You better have big hands. ... You better have a big paw to manipulate the football"

Brady and Rodgers have large hands and are two of the most deadly accurate pure passers in history. Most of the upcoming studs at QB have hands > 9 3/4. Mahomes has a cannon, but his film shows a lot of inconsistency in the short-medium touch passes. As the draft critics said, he lacks a reproducible throw and his mechanics are off...this makes me wonder if it has to do with his ability to grip it consistently (and consider this in mostly dry/warm conditions). Kaep had issues with handsize. Bridgewater has problems and needs a glove. Smith in muggy conditions develops issues and will use a glove also.
Do you trust Chip Kelly more than Andy Reid?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:32 AM 04-30-2017
All he does is win, Pugs. And he did it with mediocre offensive talent. You forgetting the days of 2-14?

2016 will be his best offensive roster with the addition of Kareem and now that he isn't throwing to 1st/2nd year players who are still learning how to run routes. Maclin is gonna step it up to stay on the roster. Kelce will be Kelce. Harris won't be in the game to drop half his targets.
All he does is win..... in the regular season.... when the defense holds the opponent under 24 points.

Look, I think Alex is a good QB, specifically when it comes to being a game manager. But game managers don't win Super Bowls without an amazing defense and/or run game. Too many things have to go right for Smith to take a team any further than the divisional round.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:35 AM 04-30-2017

This is dumb as fuck. If Patrick Mahomes II can win 10 games his first season he doesn't need to pick Alex Smith brain. How many wins did Alex have his first season?

Fuck picking Alex Smith brain. Mahomes II has talent and smarts he can wing it on the fly if he has too and learn from his own mistakes.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:40 AM 04-30-2017

2016 will be his best offensive roster

[Reply]
Rasputin 11:46 AM 04-30-2017

Did you know about Brett Frafarve little drug habit and his nongiveashit attitude he gave Atlanta after drafting him?

If Frrafarve gave a shit early in his career maybe he would have done it in two years? He wasn't a good fit for the Atlanta Dirty Birds anyways.
[Reply]
rydogg58 11:46 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
All he does is win..... in the regular season.... when the defense holds the opponent under 24 points.

Look, I think Alex is a good QB, specifically when it comes to being a game manager. But game managers don't win Super Bowls without an amazing defense and/or run game. Too many things have to go right for Smith to take a team any further than the divisional round.
Alex was definitely what this franchise needed at the point in time where we acquired him. The shit show of QB's we trotted out before him...was just terrible. The guy was the stability we needed at that TIME. We've grown past needing what Alex brings to the table, and his limitations. I can understand liking him, but if you can't see past his faults then you are just lying to yourself.

And on the same note, Mahomes is the right QB at this point in time. Like Milkman said earlier...getting kicked to the curb is what happens in professional sports. The amount of draft capitol the Chiefs expended securing Alex a few years ago showed we were hitching our cart to that horse no matter what. Just like this year...Mahomes is the guy.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:51 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Did you know about Brett Frafarve little drug habit and his nongiveashit attitude he gave Atlanta after drafting him?

If Frrafarve gave a shit early in his career maybe he would have done it in two years? He wasn't a good fit for the Atlanta Dirty Birds anyways.
Yeah, Favre had a wild streak off the field. Pat Mahomes is a high character kid. There have been zero reports of him being a party animal or anything like that. He is also a good teammate.

He just needs to work on his football fundamentals with Coach Reid and we'll see where it goes. Potential is off the charts.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:45 PM 04-30-2017
I like Alex just fine. He's a serviceable professional. He's probably a top 15 QB. That's saying something, actually-that he's in the top 15 guys on the whole planet at his job. he's a solid guy, a good soldier, smart, good teammate.

Problem is, that's not good enough.

Kudos to Dorsey and Reid for taking a shot.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 2683
« First < 15556162636465 66676869751151655651065 > Last »
Up