ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 563 of 2683
« First < 63463513553559560561562563 56456556656757361366310631563 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 03:09 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s almost like you knew Paxton would be a beta when he was drafted.

Yes but no sleeves so he was never going to get mugged. Shows how mentally tough he is.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:17 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wasn’t Lynch was crying on the sideline at one point this year?
I think every Bronco was crying on the sideline at one point this year.
[Reply]
Go Royals 03:19 PM 12-31-2017
Lubbock is one of the coldest places in Texas. I went to Tech. You get used to the wind and cold quickly.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:11 PM 12-31-2017
Watched every play of his again.

The good
-he identified blitzes almost every time and knew
What to do. He knew to throw to the single covered WR (Robinson), he knew to change the play to a crossing route (Wilson) and he just seemed to understand the defensive alignments and scheme. This was by far his most impressive showing today as he didn’t do this at all in preseason.
-pocket presence was amazing. He just knows when to move around to buy extra time.
-He stayed in the pocket far more than he did in preseason. He didn’t look like his first reaction to pressure was rolling out of the pocket. Loved that.

The bad

-still needs to work on his mechhanics. He’ll get better but he needs to focus on improving those all offseason.
-he still tries too hard to make big plays when he doesn’t have to. The INT was a perfect example. 1st down and he’s trying to force something. It’s okay to throw it away if a play isn’t there.
Also the Harris deep throw on the last drive was his worst play of the game IMO. He just ran around in the pocket and just launched it 50 yards into double coverage and was almost picked off.
Relax my man. 1:30 left in the game and you are at the Denver 43 only needing a FG. No need to go for it all.

Overall I would give him a B. He is an amazing talent and I think he’ll be ready to go next year.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:13 PM 12-31-2017
:-)

All that shit we worried about.

1. Him getting hurt
2. Him having shit receivers to work with
3. Him having shit OL
4. The cold
5. Oh noes its Denver
6. Oh noes my small hands

:-) :-) :-)

Fucking killed it, son.

This is what having REAL TALENT at the QB position does.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 11:18 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
It's just a little sign that some of the questions about him being a spoiled/sheltered rich kid were true.
You are an honest to god retard!
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:24 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

1. Him getting hurt
3. Him having shit OL
4. The cold
5. Oh noes its Denver

****ing killed it, son.

Don't forget

7. The Ravens

Also, were people really worried about #4 and 6?
[Reply]
stevieray 11:32 PM 12-31-2017

1. Him getting hurt
3. Him having shit OL
4. The cold
5. Oh noes its Denver

****ing killed it, son.

No, thats just overreacting and being paranoid..

Not everyone was worried. Most easygoing game of the season.. Luxury he got to play. Excellent experience moving forward.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:37 PM 12-31-2017
Broncos fan thought it was a sack. :-)

New era, bud. This ain't your daddy's Chiefs QB.

So calm with it too pic.twitter.com/8GQ77uT23w

— ��*�� (@MrMoonRockz) January 1, 2018

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:46 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
It's just a little sign that some of the questions about him being a spoiled/sheltered rich kid were true.
I haven't seen a single report that even hints he's spoiled or sheltered. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just haven't heard anything at all like that.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:49 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I haven't seen a single report that even hints he's spoiled or sheltered. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just haven't heard anything at all like that.
I met him briefly in the tunnel before the Bills game...... doesnt give off that vibe at all.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:53 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watched every play of his again.

The good
-he identified blitzes almost every time and knew
What to do. He knew to throw to the single covered WR (Robinson), he knew to change the play to a crossing route (Wilson) and he just seemed to understand the defensive alignments and scheme. This was by far his most impressive showing today as he didn’t do this at all in preseason.
-pocket presence was amazing. He just knows when to move around to buy extra time.
-He stayed in the pocket far more than he did in preseason. He didn’t look like his first reaction to pressure was rolling out of the pocket. Loved that.

The bad

-still needs to work on his mechhanics. He’ll get better but he needs to focus on improving those all offseason.
-he still tries too hard to make big plays when he doesn’t have to. The INT was a perfect example. 1st down and he’s trying to force something. It’s okay to throw it away if a play isn’t there.
Also the Harris deep throw on the last drive was his worst play of the game IMO. He just ran around in the pocket and just launched it 50 yards into double coverage and was almost picked off.
Relax my man. 1:30 left in the game and you are at the Denver 43 only needing a FG. No need to go for it all.

Overall I would give him a B. He is an amazing talent and I think he’ll be ready to go next year.
I didn't have a problem with the first INT. Right read, poor throw. I don't see that happening as much. That throw at 1:30 on the other hand is the throw he needs to avoid. That was bad pat. I'm guessing Andy will drill him on that over and over.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:03 AM 01-01-2018
Broncos fan thought it was a sack. :-)

New era, bud. This ain't your daddy's Chiefs QB.

Wish the video held on until the completion to hear their reaction.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:18 AM 01-01-2018
The only play that I thought was really bad was the chuck & duck on the final drive into double coverage. The INT I did not mind, just a poor throw. He was juiced up early on and firing fastballs like that.

We just don't want too many of those prayers thrown up. That is the Favre in him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:20 AM 01-01-2018

[Reply]
Page 563 of 2683
« First < 63463513553559560561562563 56456556656757361366310631563 > Last »
Up