ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 165 of 172
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:09 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 01:30 PM 08-10-2022
He railed on Kim, "Why don't YOU turn yourself in?! You're the one with the guilty conscience!" (of I remember correctly).

But his subsconscious feels guilty too, even if he hasn't acknowledged it. Why else is he consistently self-sabotaging himself? ie: scamming when he should lay low, insisting on fleecing cancer-guy even though the roofie might be wearing off, actually breaking the glass, pausing to drink whisky even though his ride is waiting outside, stealing watches, and on and on.

He is trying to get caught, even if hasn't admitted it to himself. He had entered the auto-destruct codes on himself. Maybe because he did not get what he wanted emotionally from Kim.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 01:33 PM 08-10-2022
...and JEEZ!! Kim's new life is depressing. Now a frumpy brunette having multiple mayonnaise / Miracle Whip discussions, dull boyfriend. yep...yep...yep.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:01 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:04 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Gus is all that is left. Hank would be a tough one.

How about Gilligan makes something brand new?
Giancarlo Esposito has been asked. It's intriguing. But at some point we are way too many generations removed from trying to do prequels. Fat Todd and old Jessie are hard enough one generation removed.
[Reply]
TLO 04:30 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Giancarlo Esposito has been asked. It's intriguing. But at some point we are way too many generations removed from trying to do prequels. Fat Todd and old Jessie are hard enough one generation removed.
I remember the first time watching El Camino. I was blown away how fat Todd was :-)
[Reply]
TLO 04:33 PM 08-10-2022
I wonder if the cartel might still be lurking around? Sure Fring and everyone down South got taken out. But somebody had to pick up where those guys left off. Kim and Saul now poking their heads up... It could be bad for business.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:49 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
I didn't think she was. After the "party" the guy got in his car and went home.
This. Seemed like a guy she was seeing.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 05:51 PM 08-10-2022
I'm not sure Saul and Kim would be on the cartel's radar. Saul wasn't lawyering for Gus. I'm not sure they would care if he was laundering for Walt. I guess they would be pissed at Jesse for his part in Gus's poolside tequila poisoning party, and then by Jesse's association to Saul. But was there anyone left that would know about the Heisenberg operation?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:52 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
I remember the first time watching El Camino. I was blown away how fat Todd was :-)
I neve saw El Camino...was it a necessary watch? Jesse Plemons is a good actor. I liked him in some of the roles he's been in. I was a fan of Friday night lights also.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 05:57 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I neve saw El Camino...was it a necessary watch? Jesse Plemons is a good actor. I liked him in some of the roles he's been in. I was a fan of Friday night lights also.
Not sure if necessary, but it was interesting - and only a small investment of time in one long episode.

Shows Pinkman's story after Walt turned him over to the Nazis, and his escape after Walt comes back.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:16 PM 08-10-2022
Two times that gene looked to complete murder
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:50 PM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
Not sure if necessary, but it was interesting - and only a small investment of time in one long episode.

Shows Pinkman's story after Walt turned him over to the Nazis, and his escape after Walt comes back.
Good to know....was wondering if I should bother. Didn't seem to be too hyped then.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:29 AM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Good to know....was wondering if I should bother. Didn't seem to be too hyped then.
I liked El Camino, the climax was great. I've never felt like watching again though. Everything else in BB/BCS I have watched 3x
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:29 AM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
I liked El Camino, the climax was great. I've never felt like watching again though. Everything else in BB/BCS I have watched 3x
El Camino is definitely worth the watch. It's not great, but good enough for at least one viewing.
[Reply]
Page 165 of 172
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169 > Last »
Up