ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 28
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Tag Sneed and Grant him permission to seek trade.
DenverChief 04:37 PM 02-28-2024

BREAKING: The #Chiefs have placed the franchise tag on CB L'Jarius Sneed, sources tell @BleacherReport. It will cost a little over $19M.

Kansas City’s priority is to extend Chris Jones for now and they’ll see what happens with Sneed after. pic.twitter.com/RBfalU55bd

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) February 28, 2024

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs could be saying goodbye to one of their defensive stars.

The Chiefs have granted cornerback L'Jarius Sneed permission to seek a trade, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday. Rapoport added the Chiefs could elect to use their franchise tag on Sneed ahead of next Tuesday's deadline and then trade the fourth-year defensive back.

If Kansas City does indeed tag Sneed by the March 5 deadline, the organization will have until mid-July to either lock him into a larger extension or presumably make good on its word and trade him. The one-year franchise tag for cornerbacks is set at $19.8 million for the 2024 season.

The 2020 fourth-rounder has blossomed into a stud for the Chiefs during his rookie contract, developing a reputation for sticky coverage with 10 interceptions, 40 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and 6.5 sacks in his career.

Teams are sure to come calling, but they'll have to compete with the K.C.'s negotiating power and the lure of sticking it out with the team that drafted him to make a run at a Super Bowl three-peat.
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-gran...-to-seek-trade
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:45 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Has any team ever used the Franchise Tag two years in a row on the same player?
Yes. Many.

I think teams used to be able to do it 3 years in a row.
[Reply]
kcgreene 03:46 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Has any team ever used the Franchise Tag two years in a row on the same player?
Washington did it with Kirk I'm pretty sure.
[Reply]
DenverChief 04:57 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Jamie:
You're making this way more complicated than it is. The offer sheet is basically irrelevant. No one is going to sign him to an offer sheet, because no one is willing to give up two first round picks for him. Sneed talks to other teams, the Chiefs and the team work out trade compensation, Sneed is traded, and then signs with the new team.

Theoretically we could keep Sneed and force him to play on the tag, but that's not ideal for anyone. Sneed is 27 and needs to get paid now, and we would probably decline to tag him again next year and lose him for nothing.
It isn't out of the realm of possibility - Dallas gave up 2, 1st round picks for Joey Galloway - but there are quite a world of possibilities. My hope is that a CJ extension allows us to extend Sneed. I just don't find a 2nd and 3rd round pick as compensation as palatable.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:05 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
I would trade Sneed to Atlanta for Pitts and/or pick 43.

They’re about to pay out the ass for Fields. And they just cut their backup TE. I’d pick up Jonnu Smith and kick the tires though.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:42 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Funny I had no idea I thought it was just a first round pick.

https://theathletic.com/4219776/2024...es-definition/
Franchise tag and non-exclusive franchise tag are two different things. The Ravens did a non-exclusive tage with Lamar last season and those rules you shared would have been in place. We just franchised Sneed so he will either play for the Chiefs at $19.2m or whatever the actual tag is or we will trade him to a team he has a verbal committment with for a contract and that we agree with the compensation. If we put the non-exclusive tag on him, no team would negotiate as they would have to give up two first.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:46 PM 02-29-2024
I think James Hasty could step right into this role and do fine.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:55 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
They’re about to pay out the ass for Fields. And they just cut their backup TE. I’d pick up Jonnu Smith and kick the tires though.
I wouldn't be so sure of that.

A lot of smoke that they're going to go all-in on Cousins.

If that's the case, they'll probably be agressive everywhere else too. That's a win now move.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:00 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I wouldn't be so sure of that.

A lot of smoke that they're going to go all-in on Cousins.

If that's the case, they'll probably be agressive everywhere else too. That's a win now move.
Personally I’d take the Kirk stability over the Fields gamble. UNLESS you’re willing to Lamar Jackson style run him into the ground on the rookie contract and be willing to move on after his rookie contract. If you’re willing to pull out all the stops and use all of his traits I might lean that way. But even then a pocket passer >what fields has been so far.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:59 AM 03-01-2024
Haven’t heard much buzz about the Rams being a trade partner but truthfully that shouldn’t surprise us whatsoever if that turns out to be the case
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:03 AM 03-01-2024
!
Attached: IMG_0932.jpg (47.8 KB) 
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:39 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
!
What did I miss?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:30 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
What did I miss?
Nothing actually just pugs saying the rams could be involved. Just a joke because they’ll trade the farm for anything
[Reply]
Nightfyre 12:04 PM 03-01-2024
Nate Taylor indicated that six teams have expressed interest in Sneed.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:06 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Hell yeah, let's start the bids! Do I hear a 2nd and a 4th?
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:11 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
That would be great if it's true. Unfortunately there have been times where what Nate Taylor says he's hearing has been way off the mark.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 28
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up