ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 28
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Tag Sneed and Grant him permission to seek trade.
DenverChief 04:37 PM 02-28-2024

BREAKING: The #Chiefs have placed the franchise tag on CB L'Jarius Sneed, sources tell @BleacherReport. It will cost a little over $19M.

Kansas City’s priority is to extend Chris Jones for now and they’ll see what happens with Sneed after. pic.twitter.com/RBfalU55bd

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) February 28, 2024

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs could be saying goodbye to one of their defensive stars.

The Chiefs have granted cornerback L'Jarius Sneed permission to seek a trade, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday. Rapoport added the Chiefs could elect to use their franchise tag on Sneed ahead of next Tuesday's deadline and then trade the fourth-year defensive back.

If Kansas City does indeed tag Sneed by the March 5 deadline, the organization will have until mid-July to either lock him into a larger extension or presumably make good on its word and trade him. The one-year franchise tag for cornerbacks is set at $19.8 million for the 2024 season.

The 2020 fourth-rounder has blossomed into a stud for the Chiefs during his rookie contract, developing a reputation for sticky coverage with 10 interceptions, 40 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and 6.5 sacks in his career.

Teams are sure to come calling, but they'll have to compete with the K.C.'s negotiating power and the lure of sticking it out with the team that drafted him to make a run at a Super Bowl three-peat.
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-gran...-to-seek-trade
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:34 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Say the Falcons would give you their 2nd....you then could turn around and send that to the Eagles for Aj Brown.

Anyone interested in that?
LOL they aren't trading Brown for a 2
[Reply]
O.city 12:35 PM 02-29-2024
They're not getting a 1, with what is coming in the draft.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:37 PM 02-29-2024
Can totally see them trading Sneed for a mid 2 and day 3 pick and going OT, WR (Sneed pick) and DL with the first 3 picks.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:39 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
They're not getting a 1, with what is coming in the draft.
That doesn’t answer my question. Why are the Eagles trading Brown?
[Reply]
O.city 12:40 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That doesn’t answer my question. Why are the Eagles trading Brown?
If you believe all the drama and such that came out of there, he's the logical conclusion on the one getting traded.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:57 PM 02-29-2024
Other team's fans are at such a disadvantage. They don't know what jet to look for. Their team's, the Chiefs, Swift's, Frank Clark's...
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:01 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Can totally see them trading Sneed for a mid 2 and day 3 pick and going OT, WR (Sneed pick) and DL with the first 3 picks.
100%
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:07 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
What contender is a DB away?
Lions need more than just top end DB to fix their defense but they're right there.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:10 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
All of me wants to prison rape another team in a trade.

All. Of. Me.
Teams know we aren't paying Sneed and Jones. And without Jones signed, and with Sneed tag slapped, we'll have money tied up for a 2nd year and won't be able to do much in free agency.

We don't have time - this should go quickly like Hill did.

That said we really don't have a lot of leverage. There's no reason for any team to offer more than a mid-2nd...
[Reply]
Rausch 01:11 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Lions need more than just top end DB to fix their defense but they're right there.
They should have lost to us in the SB this year...
[Reply]
Radar Chief 02:44 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
All of me wants to prison rape another team in a trade.

All. Of. Me.

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:29 PM 02-29-2024
AJ Brown is a guy who I think has seen his best years go by already
[Reply]
scho63 03:31 PM 02-29-2024
Is Sneed and Grant an accounting firm?
[Reply]
Jamie 03:40 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Maybe I'm just imagining things
You're making this way more complicated than it is. The offer sheet is basically irrelevant. No one is going to sign him to an offer sheet, because no one is willing to give up two first round picks for him. Sneed talks to other teams, the Chiefs and the team work out trade compensation, Sneed is traded, and then signs with the new team.

Theoretically we could keep Sneed and force him to play on the tag, but that's not ideal for anyone. Sneed is 27 and needs to get paid now, and we would probably decline to tag him again next year and lose him for nothing.
[Reply]
scho63 03:43 PM 02-29-2024
Has any team ever used the Franchise Tag two years in a row on the same player?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 28
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up