ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 28
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Tag Sneed and Grant him permission to seek trade.
DenverChief 04:37 PM 02-28-2024

BREAKING: The #Chiefs have placed the franchise tag on CB L'Jarius Sneed, sources tell @BleacherReport. It will cost a little over $19M.

Kansas City’s priority is to extend Chris Jones for now and they’ll see what happens with Sneed after. pic.twitter.com/RBfalU55bd

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) February 28, 2024

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs could be saying goodbye to one of their defensive stars.

The Chiefs have granted cornerback L'Jarius Sneed permission to seek a trade, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday. Rapoport added the Chiefs could elect to use their franchise tag on Sneed ahead of next Tuesday's deadline and then trade the fourth-year defensive back.

If Kansas City does indeed tag Sneed by the March 5 deadline, the organization will have until mid-July to either lock him into a larger extension or presumably make good on its word and trade him. The one-year franchise tag for cornerbacks is set at $19.8 million for the 2024 season.

The 2020 fourth-rounder has blossomed into a stud for the Chiefs during his rookie contract, developing a reputation for sticky coverage with 10 interceptions, 40 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and 6.5 sacks in his career.

Teams are sure to come calling, but they'll have to compete with the K.C.'s negotiating power and the lure of sticking it out with the team that drafted him to make a run at a Super Bowl three-peat.
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-gran...-to-seek-trade
[Reply]
SAGA45 11:32 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
That said we really don't have a lot of leverage. There's no reason for any team to offer more than a mid-2nd...
Depends on the demand, right? There are teams bidding against each for Sneed's services. Veach can leverage those against each other, can he not?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:43 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by dtrain:
Saw this trade idea in comments Snead and #32 to Bears for #9
Do people not know who Jaylon Johnson is? Or that Sneed and 32 wouldn’t get you anywhere close to 9?

Maybe let’s not debate every trade proposal made on social media comments.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:30 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Do people not know who Jaylon Johnson is? Or that Sneed and 32 wouldn’t get you anywhere close to 9?

Maybe let’s not debate every trade proposal made on social media comments.
It’s crack smoking Sunday! Grab a pipe!
[Reply]
VAChief 01:49 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
It’s crack smoking Sunday! Grab a pipe!
This is more likely and could turn out well for us depending on how the board falls. If you get the Lions 61st and 92nd pick, then you have 32, 61, 64, 92 and 96. Lots of room for Veach to maneuver to move up and get the guys you want. Even at 32, if you have a WR sitting there in the high 20's you might be able to move up with someone like the Packers who are pretty set at WR with young guys.

https://atozsports.com/kansas-city/e...ions-dolphins/

Trade compensation could include multiple Day 2 picks:
Our initial estimation of trade compensation might have been on the conservative side. I felt that given his resume, a top-100 pick and a late-round pick in 2024 were the best-case scenario, but it sounds like Brett Veach is firm in his asking price. Multiple sources have suggested that the Chiefs could receive as many as two picks on Day 2 in 2024 for Sneed, with a Day 3 pick swap between the two clubs in 2025 where KC would send back a higher pick. That's even with recent rumors about some teams flagging Sneed's lingering knee injury as a potential issue (keep in mind, he only missed preseason games with that injury).

[Reply]
tredadda 01:53 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by dtrain:
Saw this trade idea in comments Snead and #32 to Bears for #9
Poles learned from Veach. Zero chance he makes that lopsided of a trade in favor of KC.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:57 PM 03-03-2024
I’d be more than happy if the Chiefs got 61 and 92 for Sneed
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:05 PM 03-03-2024
Then you take that Lions offer to every NFC team...
[Reply]
BossChief 04:18 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’d be more than happy if the Chiefs got 61 and 92 for Sneed
So would I.

We will probably get more, though.

Everyone saw what Sneed did out there against the best WR every week.

If we don’t get trade value, we will keep him on the tag. Maybe twice.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:25 PM 03-03-2024
A late 2nd round pick would be disgusting.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 05:47 PM 03-03-2024

While the Kansas City Chiefs continue to work towards a Chris Jones extension, the franchise tag will officially be placed on cornerback L’Jarius Sneed tomorrow, per sources.

— Dianna Russini (@DMRussini) March 3, 2024

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:16 PM 03-03-2024
Word is look out for the Dolphins and Lions.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:19 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
A late 2nd round pick would be disgusting.an INSULT !!
FYP !!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:29 PM 03-03-2024
I think this Jones deal is about to get done…
[Reply]
Coogs 06:33 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think this Jones deal is about to get done…
Where is the money coming from? Mahomes?
[Reply]
bigjosh 06:42 PM 03-03-2024
How tf does our cap space keep disappearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 10 of 28
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up