ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 44
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:19 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I've never opposed them trying, and will be on board when they do.

I'm just not obsessed with the notion that this is the one thing that must happen or all is doomed.
All is not doomed, it just decreases your odds until it happens.

Most are happy with winning in regular season and hope/noise in the playoffs... Chiefs fans that want to win a SB are less that 5% of the total fanbase.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 12:43 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Chiefs fans that want to win a SB are less that 5% of the total fanbase.
I don't agree with that.

I just think that Kansas/Missouri etc is a conservative part of the country. No, i'm not talking about politics. I lot of Chiefs' fan just don't want to REALLY suck. The boom/bust moves that some people want to take is not something that people in these parts are comfortable with.

Most Chiefs' fans are all for improving the QB position, they just don't want to go "all in" to do it. Not the same as not wanting to win a super bowl.

I wish we were more aggressive, but Reid/Dorsey are about as conservative as it gets. They are a good fit for this part of the country.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:27 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
All is not doomed, it just decreases your odds until it happens.

Most are happy with winning in regular season and hope/noise in the playoffs... Chickenhawks fans that want to win a NT are less that 5% of the total fanbase.
:-)
[Reply]
-King- 01:30 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
And you're finding one of those where?
In the draft. I think Kizer, Watson, and trubiski are way more pro ready than Mahomes and can start in 2018.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:46 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
In the draft. I think Kizer, Watson, and trubiski are way more pro ready than Mahomes and can start in 2018.
Posted via Mobile Device
And right now I want Kizer over Mahomes.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:48 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
And right now I want Kizer over Mahomes.
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:50 PM 04-05-2017
I just think that the Cardinals are going to take Kizer.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:55 PM 04-05-2017
Which is why I don't want him. I don't get why people hate Smith but yet are okay with drafting a 2 year project QB. That's the exact reason I don't want him. I don't want Smith past this upcoming season. I want a QB that will be ready to start the 2018 season.
Posted via Mobile Device
And that's the 4th or 5th best QB in 2018? That's the guy who's going to start and be better than Mahomes plus one year?

Doubt it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:56 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
And that's the 4th or 5th best QB in 2018? That's the guy who's going to start and be better than Mahomes plus one year?

Doubt it.
That's right now. Just wait until next year where the mantra is "we don't have a shot at a Franchise QB.....wait until 2019".
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 02:08 PM 04-05-2017
I get the stance that a qb in the 1st wont help this team win a superbowl and we are very close to making a run and winning the thing but I think this coming year and maybe 2018 are the only 2 left. I say we trade up and draft Mahomes, let the team try and win with what we have in 2017, then cut AS before the 2018 season and start Mahomes
[Reply]
-King- 02:18 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Doubt it.
To me yes. I have no confidence in Mahomes being a good NFL QB. Especially in Reids offense. Like tk13 has said many times, Reid don't change his offense just because of a new QB. He ran the same offense with McNabb that he does with Smith. Reid's offense will always be a horizontal YAC offense. I don't think that's an offense Mahomes can execute without major overhaul to his fundamentals and mechanics.

And I don't know if 4 or 5 QBs will be taken before our 1st round pick. If so, then take another position and wait to take QB for another round.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:21 PM 04-05-2017
To me yes. I have no confidence in Mahomes being a good NFL QB. Especially in Reids offense. Like tk13 has said many times, Reid don't change his offense just because of a new QB. He ran the same offense with McNabb that he does with Smith. Reid's offense will always be a horizontal YAC offense. I don't think that's an offense Mahomes can execute without major overhaul to his fundamentals and mechanics.

And I don't know if 4 or 5 QBs will be taken before our 1st round pick. If so, then take another position and wait to take QB for another round.
Posted via Mobile Device
on the bright side if this happens, as a chiefs fan i can look forward to those teams over spending for average players which in a sense, brings the pack back to us, rather than us having to risk going up to play catch up. if that makes any sense. :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:14 PM 04-05-2017

Posted via Mobile Device
If the class is good enough to pass on a high potential low floor prospect in this year's draft, there are a ton of other teams in better positions to suck for next year who will be taking QBs.

I can just see this going down like 2012. Lauded as the best QB class since 1983, but by the time we pick in the first, the only dudes left are Brandon Weeden motherfuckers
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:06 PM 04-05-2017
Reid don't change his offense just because of a new QB.
Posted via Mobile Device
You're talking out of your ass.
[Reply]
-King- 06:02 AM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You're talking out of your ass.
So you're saying he will? So McNabb didn't run the same offense Smith does? They both average the same Y/A. Reid is a west coast coach all the way and nothing will change that.

The next QB will throw deep more than Smith (it would be virtually impossible not to) but the overall offense will stay the same. A lot of screens and passes designed for YAC.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 36 of 44
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Up