ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 44
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:32 AM 04-05-2017
Getting a young cheap QB to throw 15 TD's isn't hard. We are paying Alex top 10 caliber $$ and are getting bottom 10 caliber production.

At least this would free up $$ to keep and add talent to the roster, regardless of where we pick. Even drafting a 4th rd pick like Kaaya/Dobbs and playing him a year or two before finding your QB in rd 1 is a good idea.

The biggest problem is Alex's salary in comparison to production. It's crippling this team.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:40 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Which is why I don't want him. I don't get why people hate Smith but yet are okay with drafting a 2 year project QB. That's the exact reason I don't want him. I don't want Smith past this upcoming season. I want a QB that will be ready to start the 2018 season.
Posted via Mobile Device
And you're finding one of those where?
[Reply]
RunKC 07:42 AM 04-05-2017
Alex apologists won't admit t but he's declining badly. 15 passing TD's is his worst production per game since 2007. He also threw more INT's than any other season dating back to 2010.

He plays scared and doesn't run near as much as he did before.

Time to move on.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:42 AM 04-05-2017
Supposedly Dak was a project too. We know Jack and Shit about QBs. There are 100s of thousands of posts that prove it. Mahomes could come in and light it up. Won't know till we try.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:47 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Mahomes is a two year project at the minimum
Looking at your QB evaluation skills.....you don't know dick.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:53 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Looking at your QB evaluation skills.....you don't know dick.
Oh he knows Uncle Dick quite well
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:09 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Supposedly Dak was a project too. We know Jack and Shit about QBs. There are 100s of thousands of posts that prove it. Mahomes could come in and light it up. Won't know till we try.
So they select him or they don't.

You said it yourself. "We know Jack and Shit about QBs."

So embrace the freedom of ignorance and responsibility on this. Peacefully, let those that make the decisions make them. Just roll on as a fan with whatever they choose.. and hope it works.

Better than the alternative of impotently crying about it on a daily basis.

:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:13 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
So they select him or they don't.

You said it yourself. "We know Jack and Shit about QBs."

So embrace the freedom of ignorance and responsibility on this. Peacefully, let those that make the decisions make them. Just roll on as a fan with whatever they choose.. and hope it works.

Better than the alternative of impotently crying about it on a daily basis.

:-)
Cool. Let's shut down Chiefs Planet....because a couple 49er fans (posing as Chief fans) are butthurt.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:17 AM 04-05-2017
Cool. Let's shut down Chiefs Planet....because a couple Smiff Fans (posing as Chief fans) are butthurt.
FIFY
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:17 AM 04-05-2017
Cool. Let's shut down Chiefs Planet....because a couple 49er fans (posing as Chief fans) are butthurt.
So this is your concession that CP is nothing more than a group of impotent crybabies that know Jack and Shit about QBs?

Well, that's all you had to say then.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:17 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Getting a young cheap QB to throw 15 TD's isn't hard. We are paying Alex top 10 caliber $$ and are getting bottom 10 caliber production.

At least this would free up $$ to keep and add talent to the roster, regardless of where we pick. Even drafting a 4th rd pick like Kaaya/Dobbs and playing him a year or two before finding your QB in rd 1 is a good idea.

The biggest problem is Alex's salary in comparison to production. It's crippling this team.
Trading away a 3rd round comp to get WR Corey Smith is a safer way to save money going into 2018. Corey is the ideal freak athlete for a Reid WCO. Dump Maclin if he's still in a funk. Trade him if he has a good year.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:21 AM 04-05-2017
So this is your concession that CP is nothing more than a group of impotent crybabies that know Jack and Shit about QBs?

Well, that's all you had to say then.
BOTH of my posts are true. The board (NFL FANS IN GENERAL) knows zip about evaluating QBs and you 49ers butt nuggets just can't stomach Smith's replacement being drafted this year. You can't improve if you don't try.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:23 AM 04-05-2017
BOTH of my posts are true. The board (NFL FANS IN GENERAL) knows zip about evaluating QBs and you 49ers butt nuggets just can't stomach Smith's replacement being drafted this year
Not only can I stomach it... I endorse it, you stupid putz. Get your head out of your ass and actually learn to comprehend the things you read.
[Reply]
Messier 08:25 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Alex apologists won't admit t but he's declining badly. 15 passing TD's is his worst production per game since 2007. He also threw more INT's than any other season dating back to 2010.

He plays scared and doesn't run near as much as he did before.

Time to move on.
Yet he threw more yards, won five games where the other team scored 21 or more points. Had 5 rushing TDs. In a way this was one of his better seasons. I still say this thinking this should be his last season as the starting QB.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:25 AM 04-05-2017
Not only can I stomach it... I endorse it, you stupid putz. Get your head out of your ass and actually learn to comprehend the things you read.
So, Mahomes is a two year project at minimum then? Do you agree with Tiggers completely pulled out of his ass statement?
[Reply]
Page 30 of 44
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up