ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 469
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:38 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I think I know what's going on. I bet GMDM and all the aforementioned players all attended the same church in Leawood. If you pay them big bucks, and if they're committed to their faith, they tithe 10% to the church. So, that way, they can all worship in luxury. Just a theory.
Are we the Texans of MLB and Dayton is our Easterby? Kidding… kind of
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:44 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
O'Hearn has spunk.

I HATE spunk!!!
Mary Tyler Moore reference for the win!!!
[Reply]
KCwolf 05-11-2022, 11:44 AM
This message has been deleted by KCwolf. Reason: hyperlink no worky
tk13 12:25 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by nychief:
Double A is ML proving ground and they've hit there. I mean if Witt and MJ are here...why not Pratto (when healthy) or Vinnie? It's not a false equivalency.

Dayton Moore has been a day late and dollar short on soooo many decisions over the last 8 years, that I don't know how anybody can trust him see this through.

Whit getting old fast is a disaster - especially with the deals Dayton left on the table for him over the years - why? "He plays the game the right way." But you know what? WE'VE SEEN IT BEFORE... with ****ing Gordon, the last shitty contract where a guy got old immediately. Or... with Duffy, for that matter. And you can't cry poverty then miss on the few contracts you do give out. Gordon, Duffy, Santana...****ing Ian Kennedy.

Dayton's bullshit loyalty has set this franchise back years... I'm just done. We need a fresh voice...and it's not going to happen.

This team is unwatchable.
I agree Dayton has made some terrible FA signings in recent years, which is why people shouldn't get too worked up over the team not spending big in FA, it rarely works out anyway. If this team is going to win consistently they need to develop talent like teams like the Rays or even the Dodgers do.

But even with his bad signings, I can't ding him for Gordon. The team had just won the World Series and Gordon was getting old but he keeps himself in better shape than 99% of baseball players, was a fan favorite from Nebraska, and he'd had one of the highest WARs in baseball over the last 5 years. If they let him walk right after he was a World Series hero it would be the "same old Royals" and fans would have thrown a fit.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:41 PM 05-11-2022
Alec Lewis on the Royals from KCSN podcast:

Alec Lewis Joins To Talk Struggling Royals + Minor League Minute | Royals Farm Report

https://www.podbean.com/ei/dir-6j7ni-13afa637

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
nychief 02:34 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
I agree Dayton has made some terrible FA signings in recent years, which is why people shouldn't get too worked up over the team not spending big in FA, it rarely works out anyway. If this team is going to win consistently they need to develop talent like teams like the Rays or even the Dodgers do.
The thing is with rays is they not only develop better… but they develop smarter. For the yearly lip service about the royals utilizing analytics etc… it never seems to play out at the major league level. It’s especially egregious in how bad Dayton has been at developing starting pitching.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:49 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Nice article summing up the sucktitude. Comments are good also.

https://www.royalsreview.com/2022/5/...-it-always-has
This article is money...........in a REALLY awful way.

The front office and coaching Staff need to be completely overhauled. The same old ideas mixed with an inept Coaching Staff is what we all should have expected - a bad idea.
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:53 PM 05-11-2022
Who is Gabe Speier and why is he starting?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:54 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Sounds like a bullpen game. Speier is one of the relievers.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 02:54 PM 05-11-2022
He's not Bubic. Small victories. :-)
[Reply]
Pilsner 02:57 PM 05-11-2022
Royals lead the league in most runs given up in the first inning. When you pair that with some of the worst hitting in baseball, it's little wonder why I can't stomach to watch the games anymore. It's over before it even starts.
[Reply]
TLO 03:00 PM 05-11-2022
Speier Bio
Fullname: Gabriel James Speier
Born: 4/12/1995 in Santa Barbara, CA
Draft: 2013, Boston Red Sox, Round: 19, Overall Pick: 563
High School: Dos Pueblos, Goleta, CA
Debut: 9/05/2019
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:01 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by Pilsner:
Royals lead the league in most runs given up in the first inning. When you pair that with some of the worst hitting in baseball, it's little wonder why I can't stomach to watch the games anymore. It's over before it even starts.
Royals are 6-3 when they score first.

You can figure out the rest when they don't.
[Reply]
sedated 03:10 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
I agree Dayton has made some terrible FA signings in recent years, which is why people shouldn't get too worked up over the team not spending big in FA, it rarely works out anyway.
FA signings are exactly why KC won in 2014 and 2015 but couldn't maintain in 2016 and 2017.

Kendrys Morales was a beast. Eddie Volquez, Ryan Madsen, Chris Young all played huge roles on the pitching staff. Even Alex Rios hit in the playoffs.

So then they run out and spend all that post-championship money on Ian Kennedy and a washed-up Joakim Soria.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:30 PM 05-11-2022
Because M&M suck at what they do? And throw in Cal too.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:46 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
FA signings are exactly why KC won in 2014 and 2015 but couldn't maintain in 2016 and 2017.

Kendrys Morales was a beast. Eddie Volquez, Ryan Madsen, Chris Young all played huge roles on the pitching staff. Even Alex Rios hit in the playoffs.

So then they run out and spend all that post-championship money on Ian Kennedy and a washed-up Joakim Soria.
Throw in the trade for Cain, Shields and Davis. I dont care how we get players but we arent developing any. Signing FAs give the fans a sense that ownership is turning over all the rocks. But a downtown stadium will fix it?
[Reply]
Page 75 of 469
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Up