ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 225 of 469
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275325 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
tk13 11:03 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get outta here with that trash. It’s a personal health decision, and that means MYOB. The science is settled on this anyway: Whit correctly relayed the CDC own findings the vax doesn’t prevent transmission.

Justin Trudeau needs to be the guy being pestered by the “Royals beat reporters”
There's a lot more to it though. I'll bet you a million dollars there are guys who will be playing in Toronto who aren't going to be happy other guys are getting a vacation. This clubhouse is already a mess and this is just going to make it worse. It's possible this has already led to some of the issues we've seen.

You can't criticize Dayton for his comments about things like building a team of good guys and say the only goal is winning baseball games and then let things like this fly.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:06 AM 07-14-2022
I don’t know what that means. It looks like gibberish
The question was stated pretty clearly tard
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:19 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
There's a lot more to it though. I'll bet you a million dollars there are guys who will be playing in Toronto who aren't going to be happy other guys are getting a vacation. This clubhouse is already a mess and this is just going to make it worse. It's possible this has already led to some of the issues we've seen.

You can't criticize Dayton for his comments about things like building a team of good guys and say the only goal is winning baseball games and then let things like this fly.
But I reject all of that entirely. If the players are mad at someone it should be Justin Trudeau and the Canadian Parliament for not following the science. I’m disappointed Dayton Moore put the blame instead on his own players.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:33 AM 07-14-2022
If the players are mad at someone it should be Justin Trudeau and the Canadian Parliament for not following the science.
Then fans should be equally mad at the players for the same reason.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:41 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Cleveland is just SUPER cautious.

They'll spend, but they aren't going to typically spend in the middle that much. They got Ramirez cheaper than he'd have made on the market, but not 'cheap' by any means. They've tried to get Bieber extended at, IIRC, around $20 million/yr. I believe they did the same with Kluber.

The tribe had an $88 million payroll just a few years ago; the season before COVID, IIRC. When they have guys, they'll pick and choose who to spend on and who to trade. And ultimately it's gonna mean that some of them will have to take a little less to stay - but the Royals do the same thing in that regard.

If KC has Lindor, they'd have done exactly what the Guardians did. They'd have never offered him $300+ million. The Royals would've never offered Trevor Bauer $34 million/season. The Indians will spend - they just won't do so irrationally. And if they approach an agent and get stuck at numbers that they aren't willing to go to, they'll trade the guy.

I wouldn't rely on payrolls to get you past Cleveland. They'll keep a team together if they have a good one.
It's not about signing your players its adding payroll to take you over the top. Sherman was the one who convinced Dolan to add Andrew Miller's salary. And it got them to the World Series. Those are the type of moves finically that make the difference.
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:44 AM 07-14-2022
Can the vax moralizers please shut the fuck up and take it to DC?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:45 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Making firing decisions in the middle of season just to make a move is horrible decision. You make the decision at the end of the season.
It's not "just to make a move", though.

It's to start looking for the right people. Start with the Moore and Picollo. Get the top end established and then start building. Sure, if you want to leave matheny and eldred to finish the year, fine. Firing\hiring a new GM mid year doesn't have the same effect on the team cleaning house on a coaching staff does. But Matheny is also obviously causing more issues than he's helping. So firing him RIGHT NOW is fine, too.

But implying KC needs to stick it out till the end of season before making any moves is ridiculous, unless it was hyperbole and I'm missing the sarcastic nature of your post.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:49 AM 07-14-2022
I wish we had the best manager in baseball, so we can win like a game and a half more.
[Reply]
tk13 11:59 AM 07-14-2022
But I reject all of that entirely. If the players are mad at someone it should be Justin Trudeau and the Canadian Parliament for not following the science. I’m disappointed Dayton Moore put the blame instead on his own players.
Yeah but to be fair that's because you care more about politics than anything else. And you're not really following the science at all. Vaccines in general are meant to prevent severe disease and getting vaccinated generally means you're going to have a lower viral load, shed less virus and clear it out of your system faster. Those are not really debatable facts, but this thread isn't to debate the vaccine, but I know that's what some people want to do.

This thread is about the baseball team and there is a real concern because trust me no one likes it when your coworkers get out of work, or your friends get out of a school project, or anything else. When people skip out of doing work the people who are left behind always get pissed off, it's just human nature. It can be overcome but I have zero faith in Mike Matheny to be the type of leader who can bridge those kind of divides. The culture of this team right now is probably as low as it's been, Whit's comments pretty much prove that.

Also, this hurts the trade value of half these guys we're trying to trade, and that really sucks.
[Reply]
tk13 12:08 PM 07-14-2022

Teams pursuing Benintendi were informed by the Royals of the Benintendi vax status awhile back. Many are still in. That includes even the Jays (as of yesterday) as they are apparently hopeful he may agree to get the vax if he’s dealt there.

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) July 14, 2022

[Reply]
dlphg9 12:18 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I wish we had the best manager in baseball, so we can win like a game and a half more.
You have been schooled on this many many times by Duncan, but continue to spout the same stupid shit.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:20 PM 07-14-2022
Yeah but to be fair that's because you care more about politics than anything else. And you're not really following the science at all. Vaccines in general are meant to prevent severe disease and getting vaccinated generally means you're going to have a lower viral load, shed less virus and clear it out of your system faster. Those are not really debatable facts, but this thread isn't to debate the vaccine, but I know that's what some people want to do.

This thread is about the baseball team and there is a real concern because trust me no one likes it when your coworkers get out of work, or your friends get out of a school project, or anything else. When people skip out of doing work the people who are left behind always get pissed off, it's just human nature. It can be overcome but I have zero faith in Mike Matheny to be the type of leader who can bridge those kind of divides. The culture of this team right now is probably as low as it's been, Whit's comments pretty much prove that.

Also, this hurts the trade value of half these guys we're trying to trade, and that really sucks.
Well said. I'm excited to see PBs response. I'm sure it will be logical and well thought out. Won't even be the least political.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:27 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You have been schooled on this many many times by Duncan, but continue to spout the same stupid shit.
The funny part is if we were winning, nobody would be bitching about the manager. I wanna see people bitch about the manager regardless of how good the team is.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:33 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The funny part is if we were winning, nobody would be bitching about the manager. I wanna see people bitch about the manager regardless of how good the team is.
You new around here?

Were you not around here for 2013-2015 when people were continually incessantly bitching about Ned Yost?!?

And that's when they were actually winning a majority of their games.

People only came to love Ned, in hindsight, after the Trophy was raised.

He got railed constantly for managerial decisions and his use of the starters. Anyone here who is a regular poster and hung out in the Royals threads knows this.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:44 PM 07-14-2022

I wasn’t debating the vax or Canada’s politics. That’s for the DC board. All I am addressing is the fact Canada made this a political issue for the Royals, not the other way around. And it’s ludicrous for our GM to ignore that fact and blame his own players. If anyone “fractures the clubhouse” over this it’s Skunkhead

As to their trade value, none of them have any. The only guy we could potentially dump is Benitendi, who’s essentially a Nori Aoki. Prob get a AA flier for him
[Reply]
Page 225 of 469
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275325 > Last »
Up